Who is the best young spinner in the world now?

chiranjitpathak

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Who is the best young spinner in the world now?

Warne,Kumble had already retired and Murali is retiring soon. Who is the spinner you think can go a long way?

None tbh. Not with the pitches and murderous batsman that we have around these days. Maybe Ojha if groomed correctly. Piyush can make a comeback too.

The two best young spinner's in the world ATM are Shakib Al Hasan and Ajantha Mendis.
While the best spinner in the world ATM is Daniel Vettori.

He is not that young but he is new to international Cricket. Saeed Ajmal is fabulous limited over bowlers but he is yet to prove himself in the longer version of the game.

Define young. In terms of age or experience?

Any spinner under the age of 24 would be a sufficient choice I spose.

I'm guessing age, if it was in terms of experience, Graeme Swann would have to be up there.

There is only two young spinners on the scene and of them Shakib Al Hasan looks the pick. Mendis probably has more potential to be threatening but needs to do some soul searching as teams are starting to work him out. Enamul Haque jnr you could probably put into the frame but Bangladesh don't seem to be playing many Test.

Enamul Haque Jnr. isn't that good though but he can still do better than Abdur Razzak in tests.

Shakib, Mahmudullah, Ojha, Piyush, Randiv, Steven Smith to me are the ones for the future.

Shakib has to be the man.I also liked the other Bangladeshi spinner who choked India in WC 2007.Can't really get his name.

Shakib is obviously the best at the moment. He's playing international cricket and performing really well even though he's only 22. Will be interested to see if he's as good this year though. We saw how good Mendis started and this season he's been pretty poor. It's really how those types of spinners bounce back. Most of them go through a rough patch and it's how they come out from it that matters. Swann will probably go through the same thing. Panesar was a victim of it.

Steve Smith is a guy I saw bowl in a Big Bash game and he looked good, though hard to call on a T20. Could have a real future.

NZ wise Kane Williamson is a handy spinner. He plays a genuine all-rounder role for his domestic side. He's an off-spinner and can give the ball a decent rip and get some turn. He could develop into a good bowler and batsman. There's a few other guys coming through but they probably have 6 or so years to develop before we'll need a replacement for Vettori.

Don't know about anyone from any of the other nations though tbh.

Never knew Williamson could bowl, will be interesting seeing how he goes. Cullen Bailey and Jon Holland are the others from Australia.

England has Rashid who Richie rates highly. And India have Chawla another rated highly by Richie.

Shakib for me too

Piyush Chawla now needs to get the chance to showcase his talent again. He was inducted too early into the team and now after good enough domestic and county experience, he is ready for another chance in India colors. He is a really promising talent that might not be as great as Warne but can end up as one of the best spinners that the world might see.

Users who are viewing this thread