Who is the best young spinner in the world now?

Nick Beard would probably be the guy I'd bank on replacing Vettori in the future. Had a stellar youth career for the under 19 team and during the England 2008 tour England's coach rated him as one of the best young spinners he'd ever seen. I am a little weary of his action though, he seems to really get his body into a very awkward position as he delivers the ball.

As for best in the world, I'd probably look at guys like Shakib, Chawla and Ojha at this stage. The cupboard is pretty bare though.

No, seriosuly is that a joke? Because it's pretty funny :laugh

Vettori couldn't even turn a roulette :facepalm

Yes, because spinners are rated on how much turn they get, it's the reason why none of you guys rate Hauritz right?

And this has been done to death over the last two months, we don't need this spilling into another Vettori doesn't spin the ball thread.

No, seriosuly is that a joke? Because it's pretty funny :laugh

Vettori couldn't even turn a roulette :facepalm

Oh god, not this again. I don't even know why CG bothered saying anything. It was off-topic really.

Moving on.

Beard looked good when I saw him bowl. His action is pretty weird. He pretty much bowls the ball with his body at a 45 degree angle (if that makes sense?)

While the best spinner in the world ATM is Daniel Vettori.
If Howsie had said that, I might have bothered arguing :p Ooh, I know! Steven Smith :p

Jokes apart, probably Ojha, but he needs to stay in the team for a while. Mendis needs to reinvent his armoury before he becomes a world beater once more. And Shakib Al Hasan isn't too useless.

I will say pragyan ojha and shakib-al-hasan as both the left arm spinners have shown they can make it big in the future.

Shakib al Hasan takes the cake here. His rise has been prolific, especially when I take into account the fact that he hails from a country like Bangladesh.

As for Mendis, he needs to make some serious changes in his bowling if he wants to stay in the limelight for long. The "carrom ball" ain't a mystery anymore, but unfortunately, that looks to be the only weapon Mendis has.

Coming to India, our cupboard is quite bare tbh. We do have talents like Chawla, Ojha, or Mishra; but new, quality spinners aren't really making their appearance in the stage. There used to be a guy called Mohnish Parmar, who had a mystery filled action (a bit like Murali) and was damn successful in the first few matches he played. But then the BCCI charged him with chucking, and I haven't heard of him ever since.

Shakib al Hasan takes the cake here. His rise has been prolific, especially when I take into account the fact that he hails from a country like Bangladesh.

As for Mendis, he needs to make some serious changes in his bowling if he wants to stay in the limelight for long. The "carrom ball" ain't a mystery anymore, but unfortunately, that looks to be the only weapon Mendis has.

Coming to India, our cupboard is quite bare tbh. We do have talents like Chawla, Ojha, or Mishra; but new, quality spinners aren't really making their appearance in the stage. There used to be a guy called Mohnish Parmar, who had a mystery filled action (a bit like Murali) and was damn successful in the first few matches he played. But then the BCCI charged him with chucking, and I haven't heard of him ever since.

Yes i also heard about mohnish parmar that he is a very good prospect for the future but BCCI charged him with his suspect action and i feel BCCI needs to support him and make correction in his action.

England have a few going round, especially Leggies. Adil Rashid's the main young spinner. He's been performing decently for Yorkshire for a couple of seasons with bat and ball, and is generally rated very highly. Will Beer also seems to be rated highly, and started to make the Sussex team with some regularity last season. Scott Borthwick's another. You've then got David Wainwright also of Yorkshire. He's gone under the radar somewhat, but has a batting average of 35 and a bowling average of 32 and looked a good young spinner whenever I've seen him play. Rory Hamilton-Brown might be deserving of a shout also. He's looked like a exciting young batsman whenever I've seen him, but his off-spin seems to pick him up regular wickets on the county scene, especially in OD cricket. He looks a good talent. Samit Patel might as well get a mention also. He's just turned 25, has a very good FC batting record and his left-arm spin is very useful, as he proved for England in an ODi series against the South Africans. Just a shame he had a poor season last year in domestic cricket, and can't stop eating pies.

Users who are viewing this thread