Who is the biggest hitter(clean striker) ??

Who is the cleanest striker of the cricket ball?

• Total voters
Originally posted by squiz@Feb 17 2004, 03:20 PM
All The List really only needs is Gilchrist :lol:
Andy Blignaut and Shahid Afridi have an AVERAGE strikerate of over 100 :lol:

;D: :) :rolleyes: :D shahid afridi very rarely scored a big one
what he did was that he sccored a few runs in much fewer balls
for e.g I have seen him score 6 of 2 balls or something like that a lot of times
That is what has given him a good SR
He never stayed long on the wicket ;D: :lol: :D :gasp:

I fully agree.Shahid Afridi just doesnt have that class.

Originally posted by adi123@Feb 19 2004, 01:59 PM
;D:? :)? :rolleyes:? :D shahid afridi very rarely scored a big one
what he did was that he sccored a few runs in much fewer balls
for e.g I have seen him score 6 of 2 balls or something like that a lot of times
That is what has given him a good SR
He never stayed long on the wicket ;D:? :lol:? :D? :gasp:
Thats why he has 3887 runs at an average of 23.70
with a high score 109, 22 fifties and 3 hundreds in ODIS - you telling me he never played a long innings - where did those runs come from :D :lol:

P.S. You didn't pinchhit the fastest ODI hundred if you don't have class in your first ever innings.

do u know how small the ground was
I still think he was and is one of the most inconsistent players in Pak
He was persisted with a lot more than he should have been
That is the irony of Pak cricket , Iam afraid
He does not have a gr8 record vs India though he has a test 100 in India

do u know how small the ground was
Doesn't matter, hitting Jayasuriya and Muralitharan for sixes is no mean feat, especially when your sixteen years old.

I still think he was and is one of the most inconsistent players in Pak
I agree, he was inconsistent but changing his order in every game didn't help, he should never have been opener.

He was persisted with a lot more than he should have been
He should have played the role Abdur Razzaq is playing now.

That is the irony of Pak cricket , Iam afraid
Do you know what irony means?

He does not have a gr8 record vs India though he has a test 100 in India
:lol:

Thats funny, he doesn't have a great record against India, but in his first ever match against them (and 2nd test match ever) he hit a hundred. What are India, some kind of benchmark? Afridi was and is a legspinning allrounder. He took five wickets in his first test match, and that was against Australia. If that isn't class, I don't know what is.

I think u r rite bout afridi's order. he shud have played therole Razzaq plays now. And I think he is more consistent at bowling than batting. His strike reate is great but he rarely scores. I think he wud do well if he came in the last few overs. U need ppllike him who arent afraid to charge down the track.

I think u r rite bout afridi's order. he shud have played therole Razzaq plays now. And I think he is more consistent at bowling than batting. His strike reate is great but he rarely scores. I think he wud do well if he came in the last few overs. U need ppllike him who arent afraid to charge down the track

U have got my point
Afridi is not a sort of player who can guarantee u big scores
Same with sehwag as well eventhough sehwag is a more classy player and has more elegance but his technique too is not gr8
What do u mean when u say afridi is a class act

Do u know what class act means
VVS.Laxman is a class act - does afridi have that much class
Vaughan is a class act
Mark waugh was one

Afridi was and will be a slogger

I think that in the early days of his career teams were bamboozled by his style of batting but later on all the teams worked him out and he became a total failure with the bat though he was a useful bowler

I agree that Afridi was(is) a slogger.When we talk of his bowling,i think most will agree,that he chucks when it comes to his quicker ones.

I agree with u that afridi isnt a class act. Hes just lucky if he gets past 25. Usually he gets out with a wild swing.
Here are some players who u cud say are a class act:
Laxman
Dravid
The Waugh bros.
Vaughan

When u look at sloggers I think Afridi is one of the worst examples. Maybe not worst but there are at leas 10 more who are better than him.

I think Mark Waugh's more classy and elegant than his brother. Michael Clarke will be a class act, I guarantee that, he reminds me so much of Mark Waugh.

Unfortunately I havent seen Micheal Clarke play at all since I havent seen a single australia match since wc03 final. :( Wish I can watch some cricket soon.

B) i dont think clarke can hit the ball better then symonds or even brett lee,

when wa the last time he hit a six,our irfan pathan has hit 3 sixes in three matches

im not talking about bit hitting, im talking about elegance and class

Users who are viewing this thread