22376.jpg

Mohammad Aamer

329407.jpg

Tim Southee

ishant%20sharma299.jpg

Ishant Sharma

M_Id_95116_Kemar_Roach.jpg

Kemar Roach

The five youngest fast bowlers going around in international cricket, quite simply who will have the best career. All five of them have at some point burst onto the international scene. Ishant Sharma was simply outstanding in Australia, Tim Southee was man of the series in his first ODI series, Wayne Parnell was the top wicket taker in the ICC Champions trophy, Mohammad Aamer was one of the driving forces behind Pakistan's 20/20 world cup win and Kemar Roach picked up 13 test wickets in his first test series.

So, who will it be?

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ishant Sharma. Not because he is an Indian, but he has a lot of advantages over the other talented bowlers you have mentioned. His height, his bounce, his swing, his pace (it'll be up again soon) and his intelligence :)

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
i wanna go with Ameer. but then again he is under PCB, it wont be shocking if he becomes another Asif or Akhtar. (all A's ...)

i wanna say Sharma, but he is cocky.

so i am going with Wayne

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Hope Sharma is back sometime soon! For now Parnell, I guess.

TumTum

International Cricketer
I am surprised everyone is going for Wayne :confused:

IMO it will be Aamer, followed by Roach.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Yea Wayne Parnell seems to be a tad overrated around these parts. IMO at this stage he's a poor man's Mohammad Aamer. Immense potential though, especially with the bat.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
like it says, who WILL have the best career, not who is performing well currently...

and i gave my reasons.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
I think Parnell's got everything to be a top class fast bowler. He's quick, he's got a solid action, excellent control, gets movement and has a mean yorker. He can also bat and is good in the field. I'd be amazed if he didn't have a long and successful career. I'd say he's the strongest prospect, followed by Aamer, then Roach, then Sharma and then Southee.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
Parnell. I was impresed by him the most when I saw him at the T20 World Cup. He bowled with great control and discipline. Bowls the right length too unlike Sharma. :facepalm

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Aamir and Parnell are pretty evenly matched and are my choices. I will give Aamir the edge as he is already an integral part of the Pakistan setup.
But dont count out that his career could be ruined by PCB.
Ishant is in a very important stage in his career, he reached his peak and now is starting to struggle. If he comes out big then he can be one to watch out in the future.
Roach performed well against the Bangladeshis, no offense but they arent the strongest team in the circuit.
I havent seen too much of Southee. Saw him in Dubai and he does have the talent. Will wait and see

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
If I had to rate them as prospects I'd have:

Roach
Aamer
Southee
Parnell
Sharma

If Ishant Sharma was to start bowling like he was in Australia last year he'd quickly rocket up that list though, sadly given India's past history with quicks I just don't see it happening.

Every time I've ever seen Roach bowl he's been fantastic, he bowls at very good pace with accuracy, which is great for such a young bowler. Aamer, well you really can't say anything bad about him, everything he does just oozes of class, and at 17 you have to wonder how good he'll get.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Sorry, you rate Tim Southee higher than Wayne Parnell? There's surely some Kiwi bias there? I mean Southee's bowled a couple of decent spells, but he's not got as much pace as Parnell, he's not got the results of Parnell (Parnell's international record so far has been nothing short of superb), he's not as good with the bat or in the field; he's so over-rated.

That game he played against England, his Test debut, he was very impressive first up, taking 5 wickets, but in the 2nd innings he had no gas in the tank and looked pretty average. Same thing happened in Australia as well iirc. Took a 5fer, looked a shade of his 1st innings self 2nd time round. I'd say he's got alot of improving to do to even reach Parnell's current level of performance; and Parnell's younger.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Yea I do, but I fail to see how that's bias? First of Southee is seven months older, so I don't see the point of bringing that up?

Southee's a swing bowler, and a dam fine one at that. I fail to see why it matters that Parnell bowls 5k's quicker on average, Southee can quite comfortably hit 135-138 so that's quick enough.

As for their records, Parnell's played seven ODI's and averages 22 with an RPO of six He's benefited from a few games where he's picked up wickets at the death. Southee after 12 games averaged 24 with the ball and had a RPO of just over five, he also picked up man of the series against England in his first ODI series, the point being a record after that many games means nothing, I really don't see how you can say Parnell's record after seven ODI games show's he's a better bowler.

If you look at their first-class records Southee's is more impressive, he's picked up 83 FC wickets at 30 (it's actually 91 now as he just picked up 8-27 on Tuesday for ND). Parnell has picked up 49 at 33 with a higher strike-rate and he's never picked up a five wicket bag.

Parnell's probably a better batsmen yes, but I'm guessing you didn't catch the recent ODI's between Pakistan and New Zealand, Southee's fielding was really good, he pulled of two stunners one fielding in the covers, he's far from a poor fielder.

Tbh I really can't see why rating Southee higher then Parnell is odd?

Users who are viewing this thread