Why do things happen?

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I'm not asking about what religions you belive in or anything but more do you belive things happen for a reason? Is it fate? Coincidence? Divine Intervention?

It's only been recently that this type of things has crossed my mind but I am starting to think that maybe things happen for a reason and you need to work out what that reason is.

What do you guys think?

Sureshot

Executive member
Play? ;)

It's an old saying and it'll get starred out but...

**** happens.

D

Deleted member 11215

I think most things happen by concious decisions that are 100% our own choice, then i think there are certain events where the outcome has been predecided by some form of something.

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
That is something I have said to my mum. It's amazing how are future is already decided yet we don't know what it's going to be.

Well I believ that our future has already been decided inside us

Highlander999

ICC President
You've got me thinking now :mad

I think most things happen by concious decisions that are 100% our own choice, then i think there are certain events where the outcome has been predecided by some form of something.

So are you saying that if you step out your house now and a roof tile falls off the roof and kill's you it has been determined by some sort of God like presence?

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I believe that Fate/Devine intervention is true!

If you're on your way to the pearly gates today, then God made it that way. This isn't to be confused by Free Will which God also gave us! I'm not going to get into it else i'll type pages.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Will be watching this thead very closely for any flaming etc :spy

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Its virtually impossible to set an internet forum on fir....Oh i see, :p

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Things happen because I tell them to. I'm good like that.

D

Deleted member 11215

So are you saying that if you step out your house now and a roof tile falls off the roof and kill's you it has been determined by some sort of God like presence?

I think thats the kind of event that hasnt been decided and is down to chance, i think the predetirmed small events cause the big events when its down to chance and personal choice.

Highlander999

ICC President
Tom, Coat, Door.

Well it was better than yours :p

I think thats the kind of event that hasnt been decided and is down to chance, i think the predetirmed small events cause the big events when its down to chance and personal choice.

E.g. Stepping out into the road without looking which causes a bus to swerve which hits a car and causes a massive accident? I'd just call that chance, a complete anomaly, which was caused by someone failing to look before they crossed the road.

I believe you make your own destiny, but there are some things you just can't control

Users who are viewing this thread