why isn't it being released in...

LA ICE-E

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
why don't they ever release cricket games for the americas....i'm sure there's quite a bit of people that would buy it even if not as much as other places...like madden is released everywhere even though A. Football its only played in usa n canada mainly.....that could even introduce some new people to the sport....cricket is not being marketed well in my opinion..

Last edited:
My first post... this is the first time I can think of saying something interesting!
I agree cricket isn't marketed well. As an indian and an ardent cricket fan, I knew next to nothing about football until I got hooked to fifa 2004 and fm2005. Specially Fm2005 which has no peer in cricketing world! I'm sure that with better development & marketing of these games, more and more people in continental Europe and Americas will get hooked.

The latest Q&A says that although there is no NTSC version for Xbox there will be a region free PAL versions so if you have a European or Australia Xbox or a converter you will be able to play it on an Xbox in the US.

Cricket is kept away from america so they dont steal it, change the rules, and turn it into baseball.

Thats my theory anyway :p

.::Stevo::. said:
Cricket is kept away from america so they dont steal it, change the rules, and turn it into baseball.

Thats my theory anyway :p
lol your funny but its true but hey crickets taking some of baseballs ideas to not that its better but like 20/20 thats been made to compete with baseball and can potentially beat it

I found my BLIC 2005 online. I would imagine that if you wanted to you could find BLIC 2007 online when it is released. I think the store I bought it from had to import it, but it works just the same. It costs a lot of money for someone like Codies to release a game in the US market, and if it doesn't sell well than they are in the hole considerably. I do think that they would be able to sell a few games to curious buyers (EA did it with Rugby back in 04), but probably not enough to be very profitable. After all, it is all about the money.

i am from usa i am wondering where do you get the pal ntsc convertor

Ste said:
The latest Q&A says that although there is no NTSC version for Xbox there will be a region free PAL versions so if you have a European or Australia Xbox or a converter you will be able to play it on an Xbox in the US.

hey ste...do you have some more info on this dude? im very interested...i have an xbox 360 and would love to be able to play blic 07 on it!

where can you find a PAL to NTSC version converter?

I think they feel that most people watching , playing cricke in USA are in college , and will probably download the game, rather then buying it anyways on PC atleast.

But I think they should still release it as there is a big enough market of Indian/Pakistanis that will buy the game.

I am looking into whether we can provide the Xbox 360 and PC-DVD versions for US audiences, but it depends on two things - the amount of people that would definitely buy one of the two products if it was available for import, and also how much it would cost us to get Microsoft approval (for the Xbox 360 version) and an ESRB rating. These can cost many thousands of pounds but without them both (and a confirmed audience that will buy the game if we do this), we can't release the game at all in the US.

i would def buy it for 360.

what would i need to play the UK xbox 360 version?

sami007 said:
i would def buy it for 360.

what would i need to play the UK xbox 360 version?

Nothing extra, if we could organise a US release of it - but that depends on a number of factors. I'll keep everyone updated.

i am from usa i am wondering where do you get the pal ntsc convertor

I bought a pal-ntsc converter from chipzone.com

http://www.chipzone.com/marketplace...e_SystemPID=346272&VendorID=35&ClientID=11052

It works fine. The colors wont come out to the premium quality but on the other hand they are not horrific either.

By the way, you do need a seperate cable that connects the TV and the converter together. That doesn't come with the converter. I just used a spare one I recieved with dish network receiver.

;)

Users who are viewing this thread