Wii Version

i keep asking this and never get an answer, is Wii region free? damn regions always screw us USA folk
No, but there is a possibility of an NTSC release on Wii from the information I've gotten.

if wii is region free then we can also hope for 360 region free

Did any of you play the wii version. if so what were the graphics and game like. can you play realistic shots with the remote? Thanks heaps guys.

Motion Plus would've been especially relevant to cricket because if you hold the mote like a bat, you're not pointing the camera at the sensor bar very often, so it loses a lot of functionality. As I understand, this is why a lot of Wii games just end up being 'waggle wars'. What noone has suggested, however, is using the Balance Board for front and back play. Unfortunately any value-adding peripherals impact on the range of people who would purchase a game, but conversely, I doubt that the Wii version will be anywhere near as interesting as it could be, certainly not able to live up to a lot of gamers' expectations.

Motion Plus would've been especially relevant to cricket because if you hold the mote like a bat, you're not pointing the camera at the sensor bar very often, so it loses a lot of functionality. As I understand, this is why a lot of Wii games just end up being 'waggle wars'. What noone has suggested, however, is using the Balance Board for front and back play. Unfortunately any value-adding peripherals impact on the range of people who would purchase a game, but conversely, I doubt that the Wii version will be anywhere near as interesting as it could be, certainly not able to live up to a lot of gamers' expectations.

I'm starting to feel the same way. The Wii version will be more of a lark than serious cricket.

Cricket would have worked fantastic with the power glove.

The what?

Seems that the initial reviews of the wii version is that it'll atleast be playable and should be fun. The next version must have WM+ if it wants to unleash it's full potential. It would be an epic game. And then with the balance board it would be even better. But how would the balance board work? Put it sideways and it you step back to one half it's a back foot shot, and if you stay normal it's front foot?

Eventually we should get a ripper game.

The what?

Seems that the initial reviews of the wii version is that it'll atleast be playable and should be fun. The next version must have WM+ if it wants to unleash it's full potential. It would be an epic game.

Gilly, there's a tremendous amount of potential in this. Nintendo were on an absolute winner with their Wiimote system and now that the XBOX and PS3 are introducing their own counterparts, the competition should heavily refine the sensitivity and accuracy of of the remote controllers.

Bring on that "power glove", too.... sounds like a lot of fun on a number of levels :eek:

The what?
Power Glove - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

An accessory on the NES that converted hand movements into controls. Fantastic in theory, but things like squeezing your fist to jump in some games made it near impossible to use. But transfer all that finger moving stuff to cricket, and it would work well, imagine using it to make a grip on the ball that would determine how you bowl? Be much more realistic than holding down a button and rotating your wrist.

ASHES 2009 will defi prompt me to buy the Wii. will wait for updates here.:spy

SO the game won't be making use of Wii's motion plus...

It really won't be worth it now. Dumbed down graphics + probably no online mode and cheap wiimote physics won't sell.

By the next cricket game after this, PS3's motion controller should be out which is 1:1 physics ( like wii's motion plus) by default so it should make use of that.

For now people with Wii motion plus should check out the latest EA Golf came out. It is REALLY good!

SO the game won't be making use of Wii's motion plus...

It really won't be worth it now. Dumbed down graphics + probably no online mode and cheap wiimote physics won't sell.

By the next cricket game after this, PS3's motion controller should be out which is 1:1 physics ( like wii's motion plus) by default so it should make use of that.

For now people with Wii motion plus should check out the latest EA Golf came out. It is REALLY good!

The first cricket on wii will just pave the way for future releases. So its a start.

what is this PS3 motion controller? Have not heard of it, any info?

Users who are viewing this thread