With cricketers quitting international cricket for IPL, should IPL be finally granted a window?

Should IPL be granted a window?

• Yes. All the players want it

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • No. Its just another "domestic" tournament

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters

ballers101

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
However, in the interest of cricket the sport (not money) the IPL is a bad influence on the nature of cricket. I wrote like essays on this before, how the IPL is a terrible influence on cricket it self and for that reason the ICC should stand up and say this is a domestic tournment no need to waste their money for an Indian Tourny. The IPL is watched globally and yes there are many players who choose the IPL over international cricket however, look at the English Domestic Cricket. Each team has probably 2 players from the world and its called dometic cricket, just because some players play for the IPL aren't Indian doesn't mean its not a domestic thing. Theoritcally speaking, you cannot call something an International if the big money is made only by the Indians, that is what we call domestic.

Lee1981

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Aslong as there is plenty of money every year it aint going anywhere so i think its time to accept it, In football most top players want to play in the champions league which the top teams in europe compete in during the domestic season although the players do not benefit on an individual basis financially the clubs do in this case but it means the top players want to be at the best teams who compete in the champions league, so they obviously pay the best wages so they benefit in this way.
My point is money talks no matter what job or sport you compete in its human nature and knowone is forcing players to go to the ipl they are going there to benefit financially and who here could argue they wouldnt do the same.
And a good proportion of england fans only really care about the ashes anyway so our players going there for a few weeks dont bother them or me come to that,

Go fill your boots england boys your only here once

Users who are viewing this thread