World Championship Match - INDIA Vs NEW ZEALAND

Hey sixs are quite easy once the confidence is up with a good team try them with the minows and you get plundered.

Shuhair,

I am also not so good at hitting six'es. I seem to get out when I try to hit a six. Now, I have stopped trying. Notice that I have hit only one six during the entire match. I just try to place the ball right to get fours. That is why I was able to score hell of a lot of runs without losing a wicket!! I am surprised myself.

msamina,
I cant even get those fours properly, do you use the power button? I can never seem to get the pull shot. Well done mate.

No, I do not use the power button. Initially, I try to score runs only off straight batted shots - the straight drive, and the cover drive or sometimes the on-drive.

Once I get the confidence of my player up a little, I then score runs using leg glance, cut shots, on-drives and the sweep shots. I practised a lot in the net to get my sweep shots right. It helps a lot against spinners.

I do not try the sweep shot or the pull shot or the hook unless the confidence level is up. I play the pull or the hook or the six hit shots only very rarely. Maybe I should try the six hits also when the confidence level is up.

I just played cricket 2004, in 2 players, you can smash a lot of sixes and in one player mode, how do you get edges when the ai bats?

Actually, in easy or medium mode using the original GOB it is difficult to get edges. You also don't edge a lot and the CPU also does not edge a lot. But, using the hard mode, you can. by bowling just outside the off-stump.

i usually use the autoplay when i am bowling because if i bowl myself the other team always gets out cheaply.

Originally posted by r2d2
i usually use the autoplay when i am bowling because if i bowl myself the other team always gets out cheaply.

That is always the pain in the neck, isn't it.

I have only played 1 full match against the AI. It was on medium and I bowled them out for 175, It was on medium, if I bowl on Hard, how much do trhey make? Do they ever score over 300?

Nope. The highest score the CPU has made against me is 242/8. But, this was using Ravi's 6.0 patch. Without any patch, the CPU has never score more than 100 or 120, particularly because of the run-out bug.

Try using crappy countires the miss fields and drop catches allow then to score more.

Even when I was playing for Bangladesh, Australia was able to score only 97 in the default hard mode.

Ok now that is harsh.

What was you batting like?

On the PS2 I still have trouble using the minow countries, but kick using Australia etc.

When I am using minnow countries, I find batting pretty difficult. I can score only when I settle down quite a bit and when I get my confidence level up I can then score faster.

But, then bowling is different. Even with mis-fieldings, I able to restrict the team below my score, unless I screw up during batting.

Anyway, I am not a very consistent batsman. But, am a very consistent bowler, in my own right.

Cool.

My batting is a slow plod. Unlike when using Australia.

As for my bowling, I bowl consistanly. Keeping them with a low run rate but it still takes 20-30 overs to get them out.

I am using a PS2 so things may be different. Just got the game on PC to enable use of patches. So then I will see the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread