World Cricket's situation

Vaughan_Fan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
What is everybody's view on how World Cricket is going at the moment... Okay so England and Australia are doing well but what does everybody think of the other nations.. In my opinion what is happening in countries such as West Indies , Bangladesh and especially Zimbabwe is shocking for cricket... and as I look around in the cricketing world their seems to be a lack of good bowling attacks (let me know your opinions)

Australia - ageing bowling attack
Bangladesh - poor and inexperienced bowling attack
England - good bowling attack (as at present - but things could change - hopefully not :p)
India - Anil Kumble is getting old and will go in a few years, Harbhajan hasnt performed aswell as I wouldve liked and most of the seamers(bar Zaheer and Pathan) are pretty inconsistent although even those guys can be incosistent - although I think Pathan is a special talent for the future
New Zealand - lack a good pace attack with the likes of Oram, Tuffey, Bond(who in my opinion is past it)
Pakistan - Kaneria is a very good spinner... Akhtar hasnt been at his best recently and Mohammed Sami is too inconsistent in my opinion
South Africa - all bowlers pretty inconsistent... Pollock and Ntini are obviously pretty good but even Pollock hasnt been at his best
Sri Lanka - Vaas is superb and Murali(at home) is superb... but the rest of the attack is pretty weak
West Indies - poor bowling attack
Zimbabwe - appauling bowling attack - Heath Streak their only decent bowler.

Whats everybody elses opinion?? I just see cricket worldwide struggling a lot - which is sad too see :(

Zimbabwe:
Good Players:
-Mahwire
-Streak
-Ewing
-Taibu
-Dabengwa(is improving as an allrounder)
-Utseya

If they can re-call Chigumbura, and find a good third seamer, they'll be a good strong team. They should put up a challenge in 2007, but 2011 is when they'll shine, despit being without Streak.

Same goes with Bangla. Mortza adds that edge to the team, they need him back. Also they have a young Murali-in-the-making(apparently) and Syed Rasel is a pretty good seamer. They should be a good force, if they especially bring in Rajin Saleh back in, and try out M.Islam Rana more, develop him for 2011.

Sureshot said:
Are you sure you mean Bond when you say he is past it?

Okay maby Bond isn't past it, but he is 30 years old so hes not young or anything and considering the injuries hes had he might only last another 2 years, but yeh i hardly think good figures against Zimbabwe proves anything - although he did go good against India 6/20 or something if I remember correctly, but yeh i saw him bowl out in Australia and he was superb absolutely brilliant, some of the best bowling ive ever seen in a ODI and against Australia(in their peak) and recently he hasnt been anywhere up to that standard... still a great bowler and hopefully can get back to his best, but yes I just think hes got a lot to prove to show that hes back to his best over the next year or so

For every players that retires im sure a new star will come along.

dazza76 said:

Yeh good point, but I dunno It just worries me. Maby im over-reacting but that is just my take on things. But yeh your probably right

The entire sub-continent is in trouble I reckon. They play so much cricket against rabbles like Zimbabwe, Bangladesh and India (away from home) that they get complacent. Thus when they're up against quality opposition they struggle. India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan are heavily overrated and need to find quality youngsters soon or they'll be in all sorts of trouble.

i personally think teams (especially india) play too much one day cricket. bowlers are being brought through to bowl tight instead of attack all out and take wickets. the advances of bat technology, more batter friendly pitches and fielding restrictions have all made batting a lot easier so therefor the bowlers look as though they are struggling more than previous

Good point MWaugh.

I think Bangladesh have a big future as they recently went on a tour of Australia (u-19s) and remained unbeaten correct me if i'm wrong.

Sri Lanka seem to be unbeatable at home, but struggle outside the subcontinent. Which is exactly why we cant rate em just on the basis of the recent performances, which were after all home wins.

dazza76 said:

True mate, I rember a couple of years ago that people used to ask me 'you're stuffed when the Waugh brothers retire.' Same thing is happening again to the Aussies. The blokes coming in don't have to make the team great, just better than the other mob. I reckon New Zealand have alot to look forward to in the future, they have some exceptional talents going around.

Users who are viewing this thread