World Cup on channel 9?

AusRule

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hey guys i was just wondering if anyone knew if Channel 9 was gunna show the World Cup and if so how much or what will they show. This will be much appreciated guys :hpraise

symonds_sixes

Club Cricketer
I hope so, they did for last world cup. They might not though considering channel 9 would have to pay the commentators, staff etc and have a smallish audience at 2 or 3am in the morning :p

AusRule

Club Cricketer
yer they done it last time but whats got me worried is that Fox Sports is going on "every game exclusive to fox sports" and i still ain't sure whether it will be on free to air like 9 or someone else. :(

aussie_ben91

School Cricketer
They've actually done it for the last 2 WC's. I remember in 1999 watching up until the 15th over of the Pakistan innings and then having to go to bed. :(

IloveGilly

News Team Member<br><a href="http://www.planetcric
If it is actually even televised then it's going to be no sleep with 8 hours of cricket a day?

AusRule

Club Cricketer
this is annoying me i just spent nearly 2 hours on the net looking for any info & still nothing :onpc :mad:

AusRule

Club Cricketer
yeah the world cup is protected by the Anti syphoning laws in Aus but whether they'll show the group stages, super 8, and finals on 9 is the question because i heard that they might only show the Semi finals & Final :noway

smssia0112

Chairman of Selectors
It is definitely on Channel Nine, I think they will show all Aussie matches and possibly some others.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The free-toair channels have the right to show their countries matches and the semi-finals and the finals.
This is according to an ICC ruling.So,all broadcasters have to do it for the country they are showing it in.

andrew_nixon

Chairman of Selectors
iceman_waugh said:
The free-toair channels have the right to show their countries matches and the semi-finals and the finals.
This is according to an ICC ruling.So,all broadcasters have to do it for the country they are showing it in.
There is no such ICC ruling.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It SHould be shown every game of the whole cup like '03...that was awesome

cricketmad09

International Coach
I wouldnt mind it if SBS had the coverage. Did a great job of the Ashes, and it will also appeal to expacts, which goes along with the international niche.

Users who are viewing this thread