World of Cricket

Status
Not open for further replies.
Designated captain (:c:) at the start of the tournament can not be replaced or dropped unless injured.

:facepalm

Some may have noticed that the AFCON Africa Cup of Nations is continuing despite consisting of only three teams.

Well, I was informed yesterday that @MYK111 has quit the league. And so has @Saad69420. While the respective teams of both managers will be sent to Defunctland and can be un-retired whenever they please, the continental tournaments have been left in limbo due to their sudden leaves. I've decided to continue the AFCON tournament, and will ask @ahmedleo414 to continue with a 3-team NASACU tournament, the specifics of the confederations system and the upgrades on offer for each particular continental tournament will be discussed with all confederation presidents.

Upgrades

Upgrades can be awarded in various types of tournaments by the structures below; approved by WoC Confederation Presidents:
Please note, each confederation is allowed exactly ONE tournament in a single FTP season:

* All continental confederations have a reserved window dedicated to them in the FTP calendar for their flagship event.

3 team tournaments

3 teams = 3-7 matches
2 upgrades for :goldo: winners, 1 for :slvo: runners-up

4 to 8 team tournaments

4/8 teams = 8-17 matches
3 upgrades for :goldo: winners, 2 for :slvo: runners-up, :bro: 1 for finishing third/being a semifinalist

9 to 12 team tournaments

9/12 teams = 8-17 matches
3 upgrades for :goldo: winners, 2 for :slvo: runners-up, :bro: 1 for finishing third/being a semifinalist

9/12 teams = 18+ matches
5 upgrades for :goldo: winners, 3 for :slvo: runners-up, :bro: 1 for finishing third/being a semifinalist

13+ team tournaments

13+ teams = 18+ matches
5 upgrades for :goldo: winners, 3 for :slvo: runners-up, :bro: 1 for finishing third/being a semifinalist

* DOUBLE ROUND-ROBIN format to only be used by a 3-team tournament
Updated, as approved by Me, @ahmedleo414, @Paranoid Kendroid, @pillowprocter and @Pinch hitter

Would anyone be interested in playing Guernsey A with their own A team in Apr/May? Its fine if the dates overlap with the Knockout Trophy, just send players who arent in the main team. I can do the simming

Would anyone be interested in playing Guernsey A with their own A team in Apr/May? Its fine if the dates overlap with the Knockout Trophy, just send players who arent in the main team. I can do the simming
Happy to ... if you add another team we can have a tournament isn't it?

Niue is in if SA isn't

I don't know how good or bad of an idea it is, but I guess the WCC can give out a certain number of spots for A-teams, completely separate from the international calendar. If some fixtures cost spots, then receiving upgrades makes sense.
A condition could be that teams having completed at least one season of domestic league will get the A-team spots in the calendar.

Just a suggestion.

Can we however do a A - Team tournament with 4 x teams with upgrades available? I mean, if @Neptune is doing the work we might as well add upgrades as to just friendlies.
I'm afraid that's just excessive. There are bilaterals and domestic leagues, and international tournaments and a Club World Cup, and confederation tourneys to earn upgrades.

The whole point of friendlies is to allow additional matches outside of the calendar without having to adjudicate them for consistency, fairness, upgrades etc.

I'm afraid that's just excessive. There are bilaterals and domestic leagues, and international tournaments and a Club World Cup, and confederation tourneys to earn upgrades.

The whole point of friendlies is to allow additional matches outside of the calendar without having to adjudicate them for consistency, fairness, upgrades etc.
One can only ask see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread