World T20 Tickets

Rohit Doshi

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well World T20 tickets are officially available online. I and rahulkhush were planning for India vs England match as it just costed 1$ for pavilion seats :p

Ticket costs are as low as 0.25$

Usually I'd be complaining about ticket prices being too expensive, but why are they so cheap?? Economics tell you should charge what the market can bear, and obviously the market sees these as a bargain. The price should be just low enough so you can get enough people to fill the ground, that should be every administrators aim.

Usually I'd be complaining about ticket prices being too expensive, but why are they so cheap?? Economics tell you should charge what the market can bear, and obviously the market sees these as a bargain. The price should be just low enough so you can get enough people to fill the ground, that should be every administrators aim.
If it was me I'd make sure most of the tickets went to locals, and I'd price some of them so that even working-class Sri Lankans could go if they wanted to. Wikipedia has Sri Lanka's minimum wage as equivalent to $US1619, so you would charge Aussie prices only to the privileged few.

Even so, I agree that these prices are too low. It sounds like a scam. At these prices, speculators (aka shrewd investors, in other words criminals) will have bought huge numbers of tickets to sell on at massive markups.

true the prices are way too low, and isn't the SLC bankrupt? what are they going to achieve out of the tournament in terms of profit?

You are definitely going to be see big crowds for this T20 tournament.... In fact with T20 being a popular format, I feel the prices should have been on the higher side to earn more money. With the SL board in a crisis financially, this is illogical to sell tickets at such low prices.

It's ok, they just charged ten times what they'll make for the tournment for each ticket for the test series against England.

Well World T20 tickets are officially available online. I and rahulkhush were planning for India vs England match as it just costed 1$ for pavilion seats :p

Ticket costs are as low as 0.25$

it will cost you 400$ - 600$ (per person) extra also as you have to go to SL also...
Whether ticket price are 1$ or 50$, it really doesn't matter much to tourist as his overall expenses will be around 600-700 $..

I think the biggest reason to keep price of tickets very low is to interest local cricket fans to come and watch neutral teams matches..

Users who are viewing this thread