Sachin Tendulkar
Mahela Jayawardene (c)
TM Dilshan
MS Dhoni (c)
Mohammad Aamer
Ajantha Mendis
Mohammad Asif
Lasith Malinga

Looks a decent side to me, I haven't picked any Pakistani batsmen as none of them average over 40 and in the bowling I haven't picked any Indians as they're probably considered a bit weak in that department :p

ROW XI:

Graeme Smith (c)
Simon Katich
Jacques Kallis
Michael Clarke
Shivnarine Chanderpaul
Brad Haddin (wk)
Daniel Vettori
Graeme Swann
Dale Steyn
James Anderson
Kemar Roach

Should be a good contest between the 2 sides. Both teams are quite equally matched in batting and bowling that it's hard to say which team is stronger.

My views:
Asia XI
Virender Sehwag(5)
Gautam Gambhir
Kumar Sangakkara
Sachin Tendulkar(6)
Mahela Jayawerdene
Rahul Dravid
MS Dhoni(c)(wk)
Harbhajan Singh(4)(though out of form, but is the only spinner who can be in the team)
Zaheer Khan(3)
Mohammed Aamer(1)
Lasith Malinga(2)

Last edited:
My views:
Virender Sehwag(5)
Gautam Gambhir

Kumar Sangakkara
Sachin Tendulkar(6)
Mahela Jayawerdene
Rahul Dravid
MS Dhoni(c)(wk)
Harbhajan Singh(4)(though out of form, but is the only spinner who can be in the team)
Zaheer Khan(3)
Mohammed Aamer(1)
Lasith Malinga(2)

Surprising team. It would be better if you name all indians in your 11.:facepalm
You can have better openers then Sehwag and Gambhir. Sehwag is in good form but Gambhir is really out of form. Dravid and that too this much deep no way. There are hell lot of good batsman then Dravid who can bat well with tail. Harbhajan? No way. Swann>>>> Harbhajan, even Herath is better then him at the moment. There is no need to have Zaheer when you have Aamer, Instead you can have lots of good fast and medium pace bowler like Asif,Steyn etc. Surprizly there is no non Asian player in lineup.
Did you read the title of thread or not?

Surprizly there is no non Asian player in lineup.
My fault here:facepalm, that was meant to be an Asia XI.

You can have better openers then Sehwag and Gambhir. Sehwag is in good form but Gambhir is really out of form.
Sehwag and Gambhir on any day are better than a silly Butt and Dilshan.

Dravid and that too this much deep no way. There are hell lot of good batsman then Dravid who can bat well with tail.
Are you telling me there are better batsmen than Dravid who can bat with the tail?:eek:
Can I hear it again, Are you tweaking joking me. There is nobody apart from Laxman and Dravid and Dravid is my choice. The only other option came to my mind was Matthews who is not experienced enough. Surely Afridi can't be there.

Harbhajan? No way. Swann>>>> Harbhajan, even Herath is better then him at the moment.

Asia XI sorry. and lol at the second line.:laugh

There is no need to have Zaheer when you have Aamer,

I rate Zaheer way too better than Aamir, That guy is surely good, Pakistan's best but he has just 10 caps till now, though I still have him in my team. No Asif atleast for me, Zaheer is better than him.

Could you explain your picks except your love for Indian team?

There are no better openers than Sehwag and Gambhir ATM, Sangakkara and Jayawerdene, Sachin, Dhoni don't need an explaination. Dravid was the only batsman deserving a position in that 11 except Laxman and Samaraveera, he is better than both of them.Harbhajan is the only spinner who could be in the team as Murlidharan has retired, else he'd have got the priority, Aamer is doing good but he is lacking experience.

Only the Indians think Zaheer Khan is still a world class bowler. In truth he is washed up and very nonthreatening. I'd struggle to put him in the top 10 seamers playing today. There is no team in the world losing sleep over facing Khan.

Only the Indians think Zaheer Khan is still a world class bowler. In truth he is washed up and very nonthreatening. I'd struggle to put him in the top 10 seamers playing today. There is no team in the world losing sleep over facing Khan.

You'd struggle to put him in the top 10 seamers, but his stats sure as hell puts him as threatening -- Rank #7 Points-722 Zaheer Khan

He's a good bowler. He just has no support from the other end, so he's underrated.

playkid12 added 7 Minutes and 59 Seconds later...

Individually, there are, since there are openers that are higher ranked than Gambhir. But those two put together at rank 1 and 9 in the same team forms the best opening pair in the world right now. And he probably didn't want to disturb that partnership since they work well together.

My team for Asia XI:
Sehwag
Dilshan
Sangakkara
Tendulkar
Jayawardene
VVS Laxman
Thilan Samaraweera
Zaheer Khan
Mohammad Asif
Lasith Malinga
BAW Mendis

Last edited:
Even not sure about Dilshan either especially in tests.

lol care to tell the name of the bowler(s) who do make teams lose sleep then? As far as I'm concerned Dale Steyn is the only bowler no one would want to face in any conditions. Apart from that no batsman cares what they face in all honesty.

Zak's stats vs SA earlier this year

This is without bowling in the second innings of the second test (would have bettered his stats if he did bowl).

And these are Zak's overall stats in 2010

Zak is definitely one of the best bowlers because he can do well even when the conditions are not in his favour.

Since his comeback Asif has had the opportunity of bowling in NZ, AUS and ENG conditions. Wait till he gets to places like SL and IND and then lets see how he does (same goes for Aamer).

Last edited:
My World Test XI
1.Graeme Smith (C)
2.Virender Sehwag
3.Kumar Sangakkara
4.Sachin Tendulkar
5.Jacques Kallis
6.Michael Clarke
7.Matt Prior (WK)
8.Graeme Swann
9.Mohammed Aamer
10.Morne Morkel