Story World Tour With The Windies

Cricket_60

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Go the Windies! :D

They are giving England some real trouble at the moment.

rocklara

International Coach
Stumps day 2

England have reached 176/5

Attachments

• Stumps.JPG
    Stumps.JPG
    38 KB · Views: 30
  • Win bowl.JPG
    Win bowl.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 34

rocklara

International Coach
Bish: " Well Ian, we've seen a real fightback after England got off to the best possible start to the innings chase of 325. The seamers of the Caribbean have used the conditions superbly, and Collins the pick has bowled well enough here to cause some serious problems. Best has been steady, as so Dillon. I think Thorpe will need to usher and marshal this response here, and with Jones, I think they can hang in there, and frustrate the Windies charge here. Day 3 will be very important, and we do hope that the weather holds here, so we get a full 90 over quota...your thoughts.."

Botham: " Yes Bish,England were 73/1 and now 176/5 will be a bit disappointing here, especailly against a lackadasical Windies team over the past years. I think they have underestimated the strike force of the opposition here. Nonetheless I think the West Indies are in a better position. No one has really scored after Strauss's whirlwind 62. Um, a good day's play in prospect, but I want to see a bit more occupation of the crease by England's top order batsmen. Too late though, but with 148 runs behind, any lead over 100 runs can almost outrightly place the oppostion out of commission here, considering the conditions..."

rocklara

International Coach
Windies wrap up!!!

Bish: " Well the Windies have managed to skittle England here for a mere 214 runs. Tino Best a five for has lead from the front, with Edwards in tandem and have both bowled with hostility and pace. The English conceed a 111 run lead, and now can the Windies capitalize here??"

Botham: " Yes a day 3 wicket, still with some moisture and damp atmosphere has aided the seamers and Best taking 5/36 is remarkable. Thorpey held on 23*, but the tail couldn't resist enough and I think that the Windies should be able to capitalize here. Anything set over 250, batting last will be very tough to chase here. England need to strike early!!"

Attachments

• Jones goes.JPG
    Jones goes.JPG
    37.3 KB · Views: 30
  • Thorpe drives.JPG
    Thorpe drives.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 32
  • Tailsss.JPG
    Tailsss.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 31

rocklara

International Coach
Windies in trouble!!!

Windies have made the worst possible start tho their 2nd innings reply. They are currently 15/3, losing Hinds run out for 5, Gayle caught and bowled to Harmison for 7, and big key Lara caught behind hooking for 1 to Hoggard. An overall lead of 126, but England have struck back immensely here..

rocklara

International Coach
Smith comes in and plays a few strokes prior to the lunch interval..

Attachments

• Smith drive.JPG
    Smith drive.JPG
    34.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Smith shuffle.JPG
    Smith shuffle.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 23

rocklara

International Coach
Lunch interval day 3

Attachments

• Wi score lunch.JPG
    Wi score lunch.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Eng bowl lunch.JPG
    Eng bowl lunch.JPG
    44.7 KB · Views: 22

rocklara

International Coach
Botham: " Its a terrible response by the Windies here, where we saw in this session many wickets tumbling. First, England lost their last 5 wkts for only 54 runs, and now Windies lost 4. Um 9 wkts extraordinarly have fallen, a session dominated by the bowlers. In West Indies response, I think the key turn here is Lara's hapless dismissal, long before he even got settled. I think its a bit careless by the champion batsman, to just needlessly give away his wicket. However, the tourists, will be looking to post a final total in excess of 250, which should be minimum, and 48/4 overall 159/4, there is still work to be done. England need to keep the pressure up, as they themselves will not want to chase in excess of 225, as it will be quite difficult. Your thoughts Bish..."

Bish: " Yes a dramatic session of play here, with the West Indies in a spot of bother at 48/4. Harmison and Hoggy kept it up, a tight lenghth and line here. Congrats to the English bowlers, they have struck here, and no doubt wioll be looking to bowl out the West Indies for under 150, which will really give them a great chance of going 1-0 up, considering a lead conceeded by 111 runs..."

Users who are viewing this thread