Story Worries For West Indies

Matty Clegg

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
10:00 am 5/3/07 Sky Sports News

Main Headline : WINDIES COACH STEPS DOWN DUE TO TRAINING INJURY !

Just 8 days before the ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 West Inides coach Bennet King has had to be rushed into hospital having taken a huge blow to his back. This happened during a training session in Jamaica. It was said to be Chris Gayle who hit the ball out of the nets with almighty power and accidently the corke crashed into Bennet Kings back.This has resulted to him being rushed into hospital for a huge aswell as dangerous back operation.This is a big worry for the West Indies as they have not selected a squad for the World Cup neither have they now got a coach.

Bennet King

6:00 pm 7/3/07 Sky Sports Breaking News

After Australian coach Bennet King had to be rushed into hospital and expected to be in there for the majority of the 2007 ICC World Cup a new coach has been named to try and guide West Indies to victory.He is an English Coach and is a new face to the cricketing era his name is Matty Clegg. Many fans are going to be very concerned about the lack of expierience English Coach Matty Clegg has but are looking forward to his squad selection which is said to be named on the 10th March , just 3 days before the World Cup Starts.

Interview with Matty Clegg (Above)

Sky Sports : How do you feel to be named West Indies Coach so close to a massive tournament ?

Matty Clegg : Well at first I was very shocked and I no the fans are not to convinced by the boards selection of me but thats where I have to proove myslef and I'm more than happy to do that.This tournament is hopefully where I guide the West Indies to the 2007 World Cup and make a name for myself in the Cricketing era.

Sky Sports : Has your role as manager affected any of the players ?

Matty Clegg : My selection has not really affected any of the players. I have had 3 training sessions already with the squad and am looking forward to naming the offical squad for the World Cup in a few days time. The players are all willing to help me and the team need a high morale if they are going to do well in this tournament.

Sky Sports : Do you feel that there is that bit more pressure due to your team being the hosts of the World Cup ?

Matty Clegg : Well there is going to be pressure in any tournament when you are managing a top side such as the West Indies but there will be that bit more due to me being rather unexpirienced and there will be alot of fans with high expectations.

Sky Sports : Well anyway thanks for your time , and good luck with your World Cup.

Matty Clegg : Thanks

Info

This story is being done on XBOX 360 so there wil be no pictures from the computer screenshots ect. I will have to use pictures from the internet.

This story is looking great :clap All the best for ur story mate :thumbs

Great start mate, Just get some good pics from cricinfo and give us some great match reviews :D

Good luck :cheers

Nice start young Matthew. Early start to your international coaching career. Looking forward to the World Cup campaign.

damn he's ugly

lol anyway no pics! too bad. can't you use your digi cam?

Users who are viewing this thread