Worst test XI or players

You can have the Bangla captain-Habib-ul-Bashar,the worst player I have ever seen.

Bashar used to be higly uncomfortable playing against top class bowlers.
Also his footwork was never upto the mark.
To point out,there are many from Bangladesh,but it would be unfair to include them here-as they are relatively new in Tests.

Many batsmen are highly uncomfortable against top class bowling.
What he lacked for in footwork, he made up for in good back-foot play. Average of 32 in Test cricket and three tons is pretty decent IMO.

And if you take Bangladeshis who have played atleast 10 tests, I say the worse I've seen is Tapash Baishya, and even he wasn't so horrible. Not test quality, but good enough at club level. Almost all Bangladeshi players are as talented as the next, they just lack basic skills and experience.

people keep saying "but look at his domestic stats!"

The title is "worst Test cricketers", gentlemen.

So, don't put guys on the list who have been in one fluke test, (or none at all) and don't take a guy who's been abysmal in multiple Tests and say "but his domestic record proves his Test worthiness!" Is it really that hard to grasp?

EDIT: on-topic, the worst England player I've seen play multiple Tests is Saj Mahmood. The man leaks more runs than Michael Moore with diarrhea.

Gavin Hamilton
James Ormond
Ian Ward

All worse than Mahmood, though Mahmood was quite bad, I still can see talent in him though.

Worst Aussies

Among the worst aussies:

- Dave Gibert
- Greg Ritchie
- Wayne Philips (the keeper)
- Ray Bright
- Greg Campbell
- Andrew Hilditch

Has Ian Salisbury played for England in test?

He should be first name on the sheet!
How on earth he's better than Giles I'll never know.

Remember the Guy Who Gave away 114 Runs For No Wickets Against South africa in the Outstanding 434 Chase Match?:)....Can't Get his Name....But, He's An Aussie.:p.

Never even played test cricket.
Besides, apart from that innings, Mick Lewis wasn't that bad.

This thread really makes me doubt just how much cricket PC members actually watch.

I'm sorry Usy but I agree with Kev; Providing a list like that shows how little you seem to know about the game.

1. Giles has well over 100 Test wickets and has won matches with bat and ball for England as well as having one of the safest pairs of hands in cricket.
2. One hundred and 5 fifties in 19 Tests is hardly the worst record i've ever seen.
3. 44 wickets in 17 games is hardly disastrous.
4. He's never even played a Test.
5. One Test, 5 wickets. Not the worst return i've witnessed.
6. 100 Test wickets and 4 fifties.
7. Considering he plays for Bangladesh, his record isn't extremely bad.
8. Alright, maybe i'll give you this one.
9. Are you serious? Honestly?
10. One Test. That's all he's played. I see you haven't taken into account his great record for Somerset and his quality performances in the ODI team.
11. A good batsman as well as a good glovemen hampered by low confidence due to the media/fans getting on his back. I'd still pick him for England.

No way that he's better than Read, Nixon, Ambrose and Davies. :noway

Those who are saying Bevan are douchbags.
He batted far too low in the order, and was used as a batting all-rounder, when he's a batsmen.

Last edited by a moderator:
He should be first name on the sheet!
How on earth he's better than Giles I'll never know.

Never even played test cricket.
Besides, apart from that innings, Mick Lewis wasn't that bad.

No way that he's better than Read, Nixon, Ambrose and Davies. :noway

Those who are saying Bevan are douchbags.
He batted far too low in the order, and was used as a batting all-rounder, when he's a batsmen.
He's definitely better than GoJo.

Users who are viewing this thread