Wrestling thread

ashu2411

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
satishmania said:
is the duration of an ECW show just one hour or is Ten Sports gonna just show highlights of ECW show?
Its one hour show right now. They dont have too many wrestlers yet to do a show of 2 hours.

DaveBromlccc

School Cricketer
Apparently, Gangrel and Mordecai will be part of a Vampire Faction. That might be interesting...I'm just begging Vince that he doesn't go WWE'in up ECW

DaveBromlccc

School Cricketer
It's not 100% Certain, yet. However, i believe that they are going through a case which will allow them to sell WWF Merchandise (i.e. DVDs/ Videos) from the WWF era. I can't see the Vin-man changing back to WWF. That would be stupid because of everything that has been produced since 2002.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
About this. From what I hear the WWE, if they win the case, will be able to broadcast their older telecasts without having to remove/cover the WWF logo. It will also allow them to use the word "WWF" on live TV.

Ritwik

co-founder
m_vaughan said:
About this. From what I hear the WWE, if they win the case, will be able to broadcast their older telecasts without having to remove/cover the WWF logo. It will also allow them to use the word "WWF" on live TV.
Well they already use the word WWF on live TV. I remember distinctly that they used it while inducting Bret Hart into the HOF.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Ritwik said:
Well they already use the word WWF on live TV. I remember distinctly that they used it while inducting Bret Hart into the HOF.
I dont know about the hall of fame, but they are not allowed to use the word "WWF" in any of their shows.

Ritwik

co-founder
m_vaughan said:
I dont know about the hall of fame, but they are not allowed to use the word "WWF" in any of their shows.
I doubt anybody can be stopped from the verbal usage of any term, howsoever sacrosanct it may be.

I believe that they can't show a written/printed "WWF" anywhere, but you can't stop someone from reffering to it verbally, especially in situations when events in history have to be reffered to, as in the HOF.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I saw ECW: One Night Stand today on Ten Sports. It was great. Too bad the Sabu vs Rey Mysterio had to end that way; a great. I was sad when Sandman found Eugene poem offensive; it was my favourite part of the ppv:D :D :D .

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
ECW:One Night Stand- Well the contest did start. There were chairs. There were tables. It was brilliant. Both of them were putting their bodies on the line in order to win the match, which made it all the more entertaining. Rey Mysterio used some of the tricks he learnt while he was in ECW while Sabu as usual, was willing to do anything to win the match.

A table was set outside of the ring by Sabu with the intention of sending Rey Mysterio crashing through it. But Rey Mysterio got up just in the nick of time. This resulted in both men crashing hard through the table. Then the doctors came out and discovered that both of the werestlers had damaged their necks and were not in a condition to continue such a hellacious match.

So Rey Mysterio kept his championship because there was no contest.

Vengeance-

1. Umaga def Eugene
  2. Ric Flair def Mick Foley(2 out of 3 falls match)
  3. Johnny Nitro def Shelton Benjamin and Carlito(Triple Threat Match; New Intercontinental Champion)
  4. ECW Champion Rob Van Dam def Edge
  5. "Impostor" Kane def Kane
  6. John Cena def Sabu (Extreme Lumberjack Match)
  7. D-Generation X def Spirit Squad (5-on-2 Handicap Match)

Last edited:

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
News about Saturday Night's Main Event on NBC

WWE.com have just received breaking news regarding the main event for the July 15th edition of Saturday Night?s Main Event. ECW?s Rob Van Dam will defend the WWE Championship in a Triple Threat Match against RAW?s Rated-R Superstar, Edge, and John Cena.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
^^^ Wonder what that is....

Well I feel Cena will regain his championship on Saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread