WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2007 thread

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
That happened to me once with a PC and Ps2 version for another game; they are quick to send a new one if you send them the game and proof of purchase.

Back on topic: The aspect of season mode where a human can play against the regular season mode player (2 player) will hopefully add a loss aspect into the game whereas in previous games, people won every game.

RoboRocks

Chairman of Selectors
I have it and I have ended playing it all day :cool:
Its is really good the analog control system and new crowd area are brilliant.
After all the complaints on the gamefaqs forums this game looks the best in ther series as punk sk8r says.
Highly recommened by me.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
:D you know it i really want it but all of a sudden games that come befor it have.....well come so i wont be getting it for up to a month, hows the season mode?

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
My SDvR07 Review

General Gameplay:
The new analogue controls are excellent, and not as hard to get used to as it seems at first. It is well introduced by a short video which you can watch before you play. The analogue controls make everything feel much smoother, which is great. Ultimate control moves (accessed by R3) are very well implemented, with the user being able to do multiple combinations of big moves with the utmost of control, from where in the ring they are performed, to the order and number in which they are performed. The "Fight in the Crowd" feature wasn't as good as I anticipated, but is still quite fun and it makes an integral part of the new Hotspots. With hotspots, dragging the opponent into one allows you to do controlled moves, such as dragging them to a turnbuckle allows you to control some punches down on them. All hotspot attacks are well implemented, and they are all based on the ultimate control method, which is excellent. Overall the only gameplay fault is the lower level AI. On Easy especially, the AI is very defensive and will not attack you very much, which is a let down.

Story Mode:
One of the most anticipated features, as always, the season mode is very good this year. It makes good use of the new locker room (which is now fully 3d and you can now walk around wherever you wish, like in "SD Shut your Mouth!") where your desk becomes the main hub of the story mode. Here you have your moblie phone, on which you can recieve voice and text messages from various people to progress the storyline (e.g. Theodore Long leaves a, fully voiced, voice message on your phone telling you that you will face Benoit in a deciding match tonight (Just a made up example)). You also have a computer, on which it takes you to a cool representation of WWE.com. Here you can access the Shop, some profile stats, Superstar bios, save and at regular intervals you can look at news items relevant to your story mode. You also can sometimes access the WWE Magazine on your desk which gives summaries of your storylines, which is nice. As for the stories themselves, the ones I have seen are new and quite cool. The cutscenes are well worked and the storyline develops well. There also appears to be no order to the sections, meaning you will get different ones all the time. It appears to be excellently worked.

If you would like a review on any of the other aspects of the game, please just ask and I will provide it

ahmed_speedy1

School Cricketer
i did buy this game for ps2 and like the spin said its easy with the new analog system...... and someone asked abt the theme it is the same for raw...............

i would rate this game 8.5 out off 10

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
I will probably get it around Christmas time. It looks and sounds good. Smackdown vs Raw 2006 story mode was a bit rubbish as the choices you made in the story didn't matter as it all went to the same conclusion (Your superstar winning the title). But, I thought it was good when my superstar won the SmackDown title and sprayed ECW on it. :D

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I used to have the old Smackdown games like Smackdown 2 lol :p
Dunno about getting this one as I am going to spend money on Crciket 07 so....

GrayNicolls

School Cricketer
I had Smackdown 2! It was great! But, I shall be hoping to get three games. Smackdown vs Raw 2007, Pro Evo 6 and Cricket 2007.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yeh Smackdown 2 was mint lol :p
After just getting Madden 07 and getting Crciket 07 soon I think maybe see how it goes and maybe get it for my birthday in may :)

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well I am getting an I-Pod and England ODi shirt with Trev 99 on the abck also with money.

I am getting Cricket 07.
Maybe but I also need to save up for my new Cricket Bat for christmas.
So I dunno

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Ive played it and can say it is a very very good game.

The ultimate move control system works well, but the amount of stamina drained, as well as what button does what, could be polished up. Reversals work well and season is good as well.

Sadly loading times are hurrendous but I will be happy to answer any questions.

Users who are viewing this thread