WRESTLING Smackdown vs Raw 2011

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
So, what's the verdict on 'WWE Universe' mode - did it live up to the hype? Can you defend a title at a normal event? Have you played a HiaC match yet - are there lots of weapons under the ring now? And where's the flippin' demo?? :yes

afridi118

International Coach
usa near washington dc baltimore maryland
So, what's the verdict on 'WWE Universe' mode - did it live up to the hype? Can you defend a title at a normal event? Have you played a HiaC match yet - are there lots of weapons under the ring now? And where's the flippin' demo?? :yes

yes you can defend titles in regular shows as there is a small glitch
like if cena has wwe title and u either give him ecw title million dollar title or any of the locked title that was unlocked from my wwe title settings.
next go to a match options when you select cena press square it will ask you.
hiac is a better match
but again winning is very easy even in legendry mode and my superstar took damage easy i used kip up and finisher.
also ladder matches are much better now.

plus you can do finisher easyly like if somr one is standing and you have a finisher just hit triangle and finish no need to toe kick or hold him. plus we can now create a killswitch knee trembler christian finisher and back finishers like german suplexes etc trumbuckl finisher i didnt like it much

also online royal rumble.

match creator is also great you can now create a inferno submission iron match or first blood or chamber finisher first match etc even mixed tag matches are gotten better with match creator

over all a nice game but 2010 my matches were long but some one will post good sliders.

easy blocking is not good atall and arbuties changer for wwe superstars i amde all the divas a bit higher abd changed some superstars higher so they can fight undertaker hhh etc

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Universe mode is similar to Smackdown game's season mode ages back.

Pros :

1) Match creator option in universe mode enables you to modify the match like steel cage, hell in the cell etc in last moment.
2) Match modes are satisfactory.
3) AI has been enhanced comparatively
4) Database system to record rankings and schedule the clash accordingly. [ Similar to Smackdown game ]

Cons :

1) In universe mode, it could have been better if they had implemented that news section with cut scenes instead of the text appearing in the main menu.
2) Enhance of AI shouldn't have reflected in regaining of momentum for AI very fast after giving 3-5 finishers. But Oh well, not to forget to turn ON the stamina system/blood system in options. If it remains OFF, AI will immediately bounce back otherway despite the finisher given. :p
3) In universe mode, there should have been a option to interrupt or referee the other matches instead of just simulating them.
4) AI's smartness is somewhat failing when comes to first blood match. It's damn easy to win AI by repeated hitting with steel steps.
5) Last man standing should have been implemented bit tougher. If you manage to hit AI with continuous strikes and couple of finishers, AI will never get up. It's too easy to win last man standing in less than 5 minutes.

My Conclusion :
It is definitely a massive improvement from previous series, but am sure there is plenty of room still to make it the best. :)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
I have finished Cena's Road To Wrestlemania and I should say, the storyline was very bad. Too much use of MVP, Orton's role as GM, No usage of Sheamus except in one tag team match, No use of HHH and other big stars, etc have just lead to a very weak story line.

All I remember was, Cena Vs Kofi & Cena Vs MVP & Cena Vs Evan Bourne. :mad Poor. Ratings for this Cena's RTWM storyline - 3/10. Main plus point is graphics which have been enhanced in an excellent manner. Backstage locker rooms are wonderful to roam with, and also it was nice to push/talk to other wrestlers around the same area.

Now have started " Vs Taker " RTWM with Morrison. Let me see how good is this storyline.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The 'storylines' aren't the main part of the game though, are they? I hope not - from what I've read, the main attraction of the game is creating your very own storylines 'on the fly' with the WWE Universe mode! :eek:

Edit: How does the actual fighting compare to SvR 2010?

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
I do have some special interest to play with storyline. I did enjoy Smackdown2 a lots. I am yet to explore in depth with Universe mode. I started off with RTWMs because I wanted to unlock as much as I can before going to Universe mode :p Ausin & Rock!

Overall, it's very easy to win matches. Especially, within multiple finishers available if you choose a right one, AI will never bounce back. Example - Cena's STFU will make AI tap/give up so easily compared to altitude adjustment where in latter, AI will gain momentum quickly.

surendar added 4 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

Edit: How does the actual fighting compare to SvR 2010?

They do have stamina system here in SVR2011. [ Not sure, if we have this in 2010 though ] I was able to find a good difference with this option OFF/ON. With this being turned OFF, like I mentioned earlier, AI survived multiple finishers. With this being turned ON, I noticed a difference in agility going down with major strikes. :) Also, movesets are improved compared to SVR2010.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Good: one of the things I didn't like about 2010 was that the movesets got repetitive quite quickly. Don't like the sound of the ease with which you're winning - what about higher difficulty levels? I didn't find it easy to win on higher levels in 2010. Then again, maybe you're a much better gamer than me. :)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
The game is nice on Legendary difficulty level. Normal level will be the best to start with and to get nice use of the controls. Also, I am liking this Universe mode now - Raw, Superstars and Smackdown. You can customize the match & beat the hell out of your opponent. :p Regarding the movesets, it will be repetitive if you keep performing them from same position for a player. Momentum increases rapidly if you do variety of movesets with mixed strikes & grapples.

Best trick to win the No DQ match - Hit your opponent mercilessly with steel steps & AI will take huge time to recover. ;)

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Any game which we master, will become opposite to the hype which developers/publishers make during the release. Plus, any game, when we see the new side of it, will give the best feeling to us till it becomes used to us. Simple formula that holds good for any game I believe. :p

Some more stuffs which I enjoyed :

1) Ladder match - Especially for the tag team.
2) Steel cage match ( in the middle of one match, suddenly steel cage opened for me to crawl and win. AI interrupted though. I still wonder how that steel cage opened. )
3) Lumberjack match in RTWM mode.
4) Submission match. If you don't have wrestlers with submission finishers, it is going to be tough to win this one. Easy one to play as for winning is Cena.

But, certain pinfalls were crazy. It was Morrison(User) Vs Orton(AI). I was just hitting Orton with normal strikes and from top of the rope. I was able to pin him under 5 minutes without any finishers.

afridi118

International Coach
usa near washington dc baltimore maryland
in the 2010 pinfalls were bit hard to get reason was some one posted sliders and game was bit hard.
i liked the elimination submission match 4 way thru match creator and ladder matches are good but if you dont stop some one for like 15 or 20 seconds he will take the title.

afridi118 added 0 Minutes and 22 Seconds later...

surender u play this on ps3 if yes
add me afridi118

Users who are viewing this thread