Votes: 22 42.3%
  • PS3

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Cannot wait for God of War III. What a fantastic game it is going to be. Seriously. Orgasmic.

Params7

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
PS3.

I bought an X360 at launch and it RROD'd in less than a week, been a PS3 supporter since then.

Params7 added 0 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Cannot wait for God of War III. What a fantastic game it is going to be. Seriously. Orgasmic.

But before that, GOW1&2 remastered for the PS3 :banana2

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
This is a quote from GAME's website:

One-month subscription to Xbox LIVE Gold. An Xbox LIVE Gold Membership provides a complete online entertainment experience. Those who subscribe to this premium service can engage in competitive online multiplayer matches, tailor their matchmaking via feedback and accomplishments, chat with more than one person at a time, and take advantage of unique privileges in the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and Xbox LIVE Arcade.

So, is this a card of some sort that comes in the box with a code on it, or is the one month sub 'preloaded' onto the HDD? If it's supposed to physically come in the box, then GAME have forgotten to include it in the one I've just bought for nephew's Christmas present. He knows he's getting it and everything though. :)

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
When I got my first Xbox back when it first game out the free Xbox Live Gold trial was on a card in the Fifa World Cup 2006 game which came with the Xbox. I'm assuming it'll be similar to that for yours.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
When I got my first Xbox back when it first game out the free Xbox Live Gold trial was on a card in the Fifa World Cup 2006 game which came with the Xbox. I'm assuming it'll be similar to that for yours.

Great. That means the twats forgot to put one in the box - it's the Super Elite Xbox 360, the one that comes with Modern Warfare 2 - and it ain't in the game's case, or anywhere in the box. So without that, no online play; it's off to GAME tomorrow for me to get this sorted out! :doh

They shouldn't sodding charge for online gaming anyway, their main rival doesn't!!

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
They didn't forget anything. When you create an account for Xbox Live on the Xbox (if you make one online before hand like I did it doesn't work) you automatically get the 1 month trial of Gold. Cards with numbers on them included in games are additional to this.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
They didn't forget anything. When you create an account for Xbox Live on the Xbox (if you make one online before hand like I did it doesn't work) you automatically get the 1 month trial of Gold. Cards with numbers on them included in games are additional to this.

This.

Thats what I initially thought as well though MB. But when my Xbox RROD and after I got it all sorted out I decided to ask em' about it and stuff.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman

I tried making an account on the Xbox, but it kept saying that the account was already associated with a gamers tag. The only way it would work is if one of the Windows Live accounts was used. So, unless you make the account on the Xbox itself, you don't get the free trial. Thanks for the heads up, WHM - I'll try it again.

This.

Thats what I initially thought as well though MB. But when my Xbox RROD and after I got it all sorted out I decided to ask em' about it and stuff.

That wasn't an Elite, was it?

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nah. 20GB console. I feel so ripped right now. Elite Console with 120GB HDD with Forza 3 and Halo: ODST for around $400. I paid $550 for the 20GB Console and Halo 3. :facepalm

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Regarding 12 month Gold membership, stuff Zavvi, Play and Game (both instore and online) - Shopto have, once again, trumped them. Get the card at Shopto and you don't even have to wait for it to arrive! As soon as the order's placed, the code appears in your account's codes section. Also, it's nearly ?10 cheaper than getting it instore.

Users who are viewing this thread