Votes: 22 42.3%
  • PS3

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters

blazerix

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Which next-gen console do you think is better and why?

.::Stevo::.

International Coach
Oh god i hate these types of threads.

It all depends on what you want. If you want a pure gameing console, I'd go for the 360. If i wanted a entertainment unit, then the PS3 is the obvious choice. End of...

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
True potential of PS3 has not been reached. New Final Fantasy will show what this baby can do.

International Coach
Potential as in what?

The CPU on the Ps3 kills the Xbox, but in terms of graphics, the Xbox has a better card.

.::Stevo::. added 1 Minutes and 21 Seconds later...

But honestly, if both consoles were the same price, i'd probably choose the PS3. Even though their online system sucks.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Potentials in terms of graphics.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
I don't really play games that often anymore but I've always liked the 360 more.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
360s are good, but they aren't reliable. Mine got the red ring of death, and everyone I know has had the red ring of death happen to theirs.

PS3 would be the better option, wish I wasn't stingey and just went with the PS3 from the start.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
360s are good, but they aren't reliable. Mine got the red ring of death, and everyone I know has had the red ring of death happen to theirs.

PS3 would be the better option, wish I wasn't stingey and just went with the PS3 from the start.

Ah the Red Ring of death, mine got that after only three months.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Ah the Red Ring of death, mine got that after only three months.
Five for me, its a load of crap, how can a brand new console not even last half a damn year is beyond me. Poor development from Microsoft, that teaches you for rushing a console and cutting corners.

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
My PS3's blu-ray reader stopped working and Sony have said it's ?99 to fix it. It's happened to loads of people as well. I was just unfortunate that it happened outside my warranty.

International Coach
Yeh I've had the RRoD twice now since my console was one of the earlier models. Apparently the newer made consoles are supposed to be RRoD free.

As my warranty has expired, if it happens again the poor little Indian microsoft call centre man is going to get a yelling.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Yeh I've had the RRoD twice now since my console was one of the earlier models. Apparently the newer made consoles are supposed to be RRoD free.

As my warranty has expired, if it happens again the poor little Indian microsoft call centre man is going to get a yelling.
Nope.

Mine was a part of this newer "improved" model, still happened to me within 5 months...Even though I took all the special precautions. i.e keep it dust free, don't lay it on carpet, keep it well ventilated.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Hang on, I think you guys are confusing yourselves. I always read that Jasper was the 360 which had a new GPU and CPU [Die shrink] which should've meant less / no RROD's?

P

pcfan123

I hate this thread, you cant really pick between the two, depends on your style of gaming.
PS3 for me , i bought it just for F1 CE and lucked out that AC09 will be able to work in the US.

blazerix

Club Captain
I have a new one, got it in Jan, I still got the RROD in May. Anyways, I didn't get the 360 because it was cheaper, I got it because it had more exclusives.

blazerix added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

I hate this thread, you cant really pick between the two, depends on your style of gaming.
PS3 for me , i bought it just for F1 CE and lucked out that AC09 will be able to work in the US.

I'm thinking of getting a PS3, have you used the blue ray player, if so...how is it?

Users who are viewing this thread