• PS3

Votes: 30 57.7%

• Total voters

Hooper

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
How the hell are you staff member?

I remember you as the Madman who would argue hours on end with will/evo/phil/culli etc about pes vs fifa? There were some pretty emotional post wars.

Ah well, things change I guess.

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
And also, "combining the costs into one." isn't something I want, because I can purchase an Xbox for ?120, which is cheap!! PS3's are still ?230+

Can't deny that PS3s are better value for the money. I got my 360 as a gift, but had I bought it myself it would have been $250 at the time. Add $100 for the 20GB HD, another $100 for the wireless adapter and a cool $100 for a one year membership for XBL. That comes out to $550 for a console that provides inferior HD space and comes with a high hardware failure rate. That still comes out exactly $100 more than my PS3 when its superior for only two reasons; online and a better controller.

Not to mention the blu-ray player adds another dimension to games. 360 fanboys fighting a losing battle methinks.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I am fanboy of RPG games. So PS3 only does it for me.

So mad at Final Fantasy coming to 360 as well. Now they will shrink the game to fit in DVD when you can have so much space in Blue ray's.

scion_sid added 3 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Xbox 360 Elite would be replacing the current middle-of-the-road Pro mode. The Elite will also be occupying the Pro's $299 price point.

TheGreemSim

International Cricketer
I say 360 partly because of the blu ray lenses being so fragile and braking easily (it's happened to me and most ps3 owners I know.) and I prefer the exclusives the 360 has such as GoW and Fable although I do worship you PS3'ers with Infamous :hpraise

Sureshot

Executive member
I've never heard of problems with the blu ray lense. Mine is fine, and I'll generally play some music on it (Blu-ray music in Full HD and beautiful sound quality ftw!), then go on the laptop for a couple of hours and just leave the PS3 and TV on. It works so smoothly, so effortlessly, so quietly and it's never warm.

I only found out today that you could buy a 360 console that didn't have a Hard drive. :D HD-DVD is dead too.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
I have abused my PS3 but none of DVD or Blue Ray has had problems. The reader works fine too.

Best part is I plug my USB drive and listen to music or watch films or watch pictures.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I am fanboy of RPG games. So PS3 only does it for me.

So mad at Final Fantasy coming to 360 as well. Now they will shrink the game to fit in DVD when you can have so much space in Blue ray's.
What good PS3 exclusive RPGs are there right now? I'm nearly finished the rather awful (the game's okay, but the story is :facepalm) Blue Dragon on 360, and aren't exactly looking into a vast catalogue of other RPGs.

I have a feeling they'll just multi-disc the 360 version, Blue Dragon was on three discs, and I've seen some four disc games, so it isn't too much to consider a six disc version with nothing cut out.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
ps3motion-euro-1.jpg

The PlayStation 3 motion controller's actual launch date is still shrouded in multiple layers of mystery, but when it finally does make it to market, Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida wants to assure you that you won't be needing to purchase two wands for any games -- at least at first. All launch titles will work with just one motion controller and camera, but there will be some options for those wanting to dual-wand -- "experiences will be enhanced if you purchase a second," he said.

Sureshot

Executive member
I saw a video of this on the BBC Technology website. It looks fantastic and makes the Wii motion control look pathetic. Looking forward to it.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
ps3motion-euro-1.jpg

The PlayStation 3 motion controller's actual launch date is still shrouded in multiple layers of mystery, but when it finally does make it to market, Sony Worldwide Studios boss Shuhei Yoshida wants to assure you that you won't be needing to purchase two wands for any games -- at least at first. All launch titles will work with just one motion controller and camera, but there will be some options for those wanting to dual-wand -- "experiences will be enhanced if you purchase a second," he said.

That really is the future of gaming! The only trouble is, you're going to need a big room with lots of space in which to flail about in!!

About the Xbox 360, is the Elite, that's come down to ?199 now, prone to the RRoD? And does it have a Blu-Ray drive or is it just an ordinary DVD drive (one less thing to go wrong than the PS3?) Since the PS3 decided to go wrong on us and it's likely to cost the best part of ?100 to get it fixed, we're considering getting an Xbox 360 Elite.

Users who are viewing this thread