Your Cricket Your best moment at the pitch.

Bit of a bump but earlier this summer I was playing for my local team versus a touring team from Brussels which included former Zimbabwe test cricketer, Brighton Watambwa.
Brighton Watambwa | Zimbabwe Cricket | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo.
He was part of the 2002 squad that toured India, but quit test cricket due to the problems in Zimbabwe at the time.

Brighton was several leagues above our team, but I managed to hit a six off him and to get him clean bowled! Not to mention LBW earlier to which the umpire looked away.

Here's a scorecard from the match. It doesn't make for pretty viewing if you're a fan of our team.
https://www.crichq.com/matches/39589

EDIT: He was appointed captain of the Belgian national team in early 2014. Waqas, who played with us, is also now in the national team.

Last edited:
Say What

Last edited:
I haven't played in a long time, university and life just gets in the way.

However my best moment came when i was playing U/18's. 8 Overs of Off Spin and got 5/13. The best wicket of the five was one that moved nicely, the batsman thought he could just smash it and he missed it completely, so chuffed to see the WTF was that expression on his face :lol

My best moment was the reverse swing yorker I bowled ang 6-24 and 8-57 in a match. ie 14-81.

I remember the game when I stumped this guy who was pestering me since 3 days. That day, he told me to bowl on the off side, and he'd hit me for a six. Sure enough, he did. Yet I bowled the same delivery. I don't know what got to him, maybe he was expecting the googly, I sure did try to make that look like one. He came down on the leg side(they spun real hard), while it spun the other way around and he got stumped. I never saw him around me anymore, even if he did come, he'd just make small talk and walk away. :D :D

My best moment was when I was playing with my friends, we will give each one 2 wickets.
I and my friend came on pitch and made a partnership of 180 without loss of any wicket!
I made 140 and he made 40 because he is 6 years younger than me!

My best moment was when I was playing a seniors match. I had started bowling leg spin a month earlier upon request from my coach. I got 5-22 off 6.3 overs, and two games later picked up 5-26 from 7.4.

Now that I've quit cricket , My last 12 matches have been great for me to say the least
12 matches
5 * 100 ( Highest - 160*)
6 * 50 ( 1 * 98 :noway)
1 * 0

And add to that , I got a fifer too :)

It was in December last year when I was on vacation where I saw self proclaimed next Wasim Akram playing on the street and decided to have a go against him after seeing him hurling a series of yorkers at a decent pace and the boys were kind enough to hand the bat over to me. Tbh, I was circumspect first but what followed was a moment to cherish. Three sixes a four of one over of that very bowler and he had a priceless expression on his face. Oh and the secret behind his speed was he was chucking. All I needed to do was bat a little deep in the crease, get under the ball and hit in with the angle/swing. Of course I have hit plenty of sixes and faced quicker bowlers than that chap but going out in a foreign land and to be able to do that is all the more special.

Two years ago in winter days, my friends and me were playing weekly Cricket (not now) on Saturday and Sunday. I remember my friend (6 years old than me) scored 28 runs in one over with 0,4,6,6,6,6. Later I wasn't bowled from my mates for 15-20 matches.:p But after that my best days returned. I bowled out that six hitter on zero, in back to back three matches. Focused on few swinging stuffs along with spin in that unfortunate gap.

I have some sweet memories with both bat and bowl but the one which i will cherish for my entire life is getting a guy run out by direct hit when 1 run needed of 1 ball in a inter school cricket competition two years ago.

3 years ago my brother was playing a 2 over-match he scored 70 in 2 overs.1st over:6,6,6,6,6,6.2nd over:6,6,6,6,6,4.

3 years ago my brother was playing a 2 over-match he scored 70 in 2 overs.1st over:6,6,6,6,6,6.2nd over:6,6,6,6,6,4.

Hah? You must be talking about in-door Cricket.

Users who are viewing this thread