Your best or most stupid dismissals?

This isn't an unusual or outstanding wicket, but it was exactly what I had in mind so it was very satisfying;

Really enjoying the pace bowling in this game, the control system for it is excellent.

Last edited by a moderator:
This isn't an unusual or outstanding wicket, but it was exactly what I had in mind so it was very satisfying;

Really enjoying the pace bowling in this game, the control system for it is excellent.

Oh God!!!! The gameplay is really smooth in that video..:eek:

Oh God!!!! The gameplay is really smooth in that video..:eek:
It's even smoother when actually playing - YouTube can only display videos in 30fps but I get a constant 60fps while playing (fps counter in top right of my vid) so where it blurs or skips in the video it's clean and smooth during gameplay.

Apparently 60fps support is coming to YouTube soon though, so I'll be sure to upload some vids then so you can see what I mean :).

Best dismissal was certainly the one in which I was trying to block a short of a length ball on off stump and the ball hit a crack and flew off taking my edge. That moment made me believe that this is the best cricket game ever made by far
vGb1ppp.jpg

had probably my most satisfying "bowling as a spinner" dismissal ever...

bowling SLA over the wicket to a left hander, he's hitting me pretty easy so i decide to go around the wicket.

first ball from around, i get one that pitches on middle and off, bounces and straightens he misses it on the drive and it clips the top of off for a bowled. looked awesome. you really saw the "turn" that made it straighten to hit off.

i called it up on the Ant-Vision, and it really was just clipping the bails - they had it as umpires call :)

often getting out pressing R3

For me this is absolutely the most infuriating and baffling design decision in the game.

They've put the "leave the ball" button where I instinctively expect a button for "hit the ball harder". It's like reversing an axis or something, exactly the opposite of the way I naturally expect the controller to work.

As it is I have to remember to try to hold the controller like a Faberge egg rather than a cricket bat to avoid soft dismissals. In real life the extra tension in tight situations makes me apt to swing the bat harder, whereas in DBC during tense moments I'm apt to leave the ball and get bowled.

Had an absolute peach of wicket last night, first game of my batting allrounders career, Yorkshire v Durham. I was brought on with 5 wickets remaining and conceded 32 balls off 3 overs. Promptly brought off and brought on with Durham needing 7 runs. First over smashed for 4 off Breese, started getting nervy when I return to bowl and I'm facing onions. 3 runs remaining two in swinger's were blocked. Pitched an out-swinger onto off-stump, Onions tried to defend and ends up edging it to slip. Almost shouted the house down.

In real life the extra tension in tight situations makes me apt to swing the bat harder, whereas in DBC during tense moments I'm apt to leave the ball and get bowled.
yup, ross has added 'A' button as leave with patch 2, but they haven't provided an option to dummy R3.As i still keep pressing it in pressure situations like you say.

Must admit this is my favorite simply because I removed the off-stump.

I had a DRS decision overturned to give me out on 48. The original decision was Not Out then reviewed by India. DRS shows the ball pitching in-line, hitting in-line (at this point I'm thinking OK I'm gone). The ball goes on to the stumps and shows Umpires Call/Decision - whatever it says.

So at this point I think I'm safe as the original decision was Not Out and the ball has gone on to umpires call... cut back to Billy Bowden who crosses his arms and raises his finger! WTF?!

I hope this was a one off bug and doesn't happen again. Surely that takes the cake for stupidest dismissal?

yup, ross has added 'A' button as leave with patch 2, but they haven't provided an option to dummy R3.As i still keep pressing it in pressure situations like you say.

It's extra frustrating because if it actually worked to add more power to attacking shots or get the bat down extra quick on defensive shots it would be awesomely useful.

I expect this has happened to others. I was batting but didn't play a shot. The ball hit the back of the bat and was caught by the wicket keeper.

I expect this has happened to others. I was batting but didn't play a shot. The ball hit the back of the bat and was caught by the wicket keeper.

I've been caught that way once. A couple of times it's come off the bat and cleared the keeper/slips for 4.

Which got signalled as byes :(

Users who are viewing this thread