Your best or most stupid dismissals?

That's clearly a short delivery which would have showed up as red. Because it's a medium pacer and because of fatigue the ball ends up hitting low down on the stumps because of a lack of pace.

I'm sorry but I just don't believe it as I've never seen it myself.

I wonder if Ross can put this to bed, can the AI run up and bowl a full delivery (Yellow) only for it to pitch short bouncer length in the game?

Luckily your belief is unnecessary, facts remain facts whether you personally believe in them or not.

I've put a similar comment to the one I made above in the Q&A thread, and tagged Ross (and HBK619, who I'm sure has an actual name) in it to find out whether this is Working As Designed or not.

That's clearly a short delivery which would have showed up as red. Because it's a medium pacer and because of fatigue the ball ends up hitting low down on the stumps because of a lack of pace.

I'm sorry but I just don't believe it as I've never seen it myself.

I wonder if Ross can put this to bed, can the AI run up and bowl a full delivery (Yellow) only for it to pitch short bouncer length in the game?
To join this debate, it's also happened to me. I've seen the yellow, played a shot, and the ball reaches me slowly on the second bounce.

Loving the reverse sweep on spinners, most of the time it's an open field......

Stupid dismissal = getting so used to playing it, and not realising that a fielder has been placed on point, with only 2 runs to go to hit a my century.....never made it :facepalm

To join this debate, it's also happened to me. I've seen the yellow, played a shot, and the ball reaches me slowly on the second bounce.

Happened to me last night as well and bowled me. I would say in my case rather than a short ball it was probably at the short end of good length.

From the non strikers end I saw my batting partner guide a cut shot to the outside hand of first slip. As the ball touched his hand the keeper barrels into him with his super dive. Then then both roll over top of the ball which is left on the ground. After all this first slip picks up the ball and throws it in the air in celebration and the wicket is given

That just has to be frustrating.

My Worst Dismissal would be when after i successfully made it into the crease and the batsman got up outside the crease and the keeper took the bails off that was frustrating

@ellgieff I believe an apology is in order, for the very first time it happened to me today. Medium pacer (who was well into his 5th over) bowls a 'green' delivery but it pitches short and floats into the stumps, completely bamboozled me.

I thinks it's down to the bowler 'fatigue' issue which I believe has been fixed in patch 2.

@ellgieff I believe an apology is in order, for the very first time it happened to me today. Medium pacer (who was well into his 5th over) bowls a 'green' delivery but it pitches short and floats into the stumps, completely bamboozled me.

I thinks it's down to the bowler 'fatigue' issue which I believe has been fixed in patch 2.

No apology necessary, man. I understand your scepticism, as the understanding I think we all have of the indicator is that it tells us roughly where the ball is going to pitch.

I'm still not certain it's a bug, and as you say we'll have more information after patch 2 :)

*sigh* So, I have a new record for stupid dismissal.

Rushworth bowling to me, right arm around. He's gone wide on the crease, too.

I tried to turn it square on the leg side (I thought it relatively safe, given the setup and that the ball was missing leg) but played early so it got through me.

They appealed. P Reiffel gave me, LBW. I was pretty sure it had to have pitched outside leg, so I check the review.

Not only did it pitch outside leg, it hit me outside the line - and touched the bat on the way through ...

*sigh* So, I have a new record for stupid dismissal.

Rushworth bowling to me, right arm around. He's gone wide on the crease, too.

I tried to turn it square on the leg side (I thought it relatively safe, given the setup and that the ball was missing leg) but played early so it got through me.

They appealed. P Reiffel gave me, LBW. I was pretty sure it had to have pitched outside leg, so I check the review.

Not only did it pitch outside leg, it hit me outside the line - and touched the bat on the way through ...

Didn't review reverse the decision?

English T20 match in career (Middlesex), I've been dismissed for 85 with 25 runs left to win off 20.

At the crease are Joe Denly and Dawid Malan. Malan hits a shot through midwicket, and they run 2. Denly makes it back to the non-strikers' safely, then runs out of the crease and then back in again.

Trouble is, he's already been run out. Luckily, the next partnership gets the winning runs.

Just had an absolute howler by the umpire (wasn't recording unfortunately :facepalm) and once again it's Mr. Billy Bowden! :mad

Bowler bowls it down the leg side and I go to pull it away but miss by an absolute mile...Bowden gives it out! :facepalm

mbb3bHb.jpg

^This image doesn't really do it any justice but believe me when I say that I missed the ball by an absolute mile! I'd say that there was clear daylight between bat and ball but actually it's the wicketkeeper! :lol bad joke.

My favourite dismissal so far with my career bowler. Such a pretty delivery which flummoxed the batsman.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread