Review : DBC 14 - PC version, Patch 2

coolz_hari

International Coach
DBC 14 REVIEW

I always had a thought why the game that is loved by millions of people is neglected . From the time of BLC 99 to International Cricket 2010 has pros and cons. Every game devoleper definitely tried to make the game better but pace at it which was devoleped disappoined all .
This is where DBC 14 is different .DBC staff really interacted with hard core gamers & interacted very well & implemented it .DBC game makers didn?t start from scratch .It?s all different perspective from the way it was played before . Some think this is awesome move and few can even disappoint with changes as everyone of us got used to old traditional version of playing . DBC game review has already been given by senior members . I will give a brief review here.

Highlights :

Ability to play all around the ground . All new shots are introduced .

Bowling has never been in better .In fact I personally feel I enjoyed bowling more than batting.

Career mode is just so important for longevity of game.

Just with mediocre graphics game is playing extremely smooth with very minimal loading time .

Tournaments editing , player editing , kits editing is just awesome.

Smooth online play ( better than ever )

Promising regular updates from game makers

Edges and batting from different camera view .

Bigant review system and graphics

Bowling practice has never been better than this[/B]

Disappointments

No Fielding visual circle

Commentary is disappointing as there were not game discussions or interactions.

Number of Asian cricket stadiums are less :(

Bigant team has already started correcting bugs that?s a great new for longevity of the game. I hope next version will have better interactive commentary with more asia stadiums .DBC 14 didn?t disappoint at all. It is up to the expectations of hard core gamer .Career made & maximum in built editing capacity can be useful for longevity of the game . It?s the best cricket game that?s avaialble on planet today.I would happily say good days have started for cricket gaming .
I would give 8.5/10 for DBC.
Thank you

Last edited:

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its nice to play without the fielding circle actually, commentary is professional but its very repetitive. The cut scene animations aren't really there, the only drawback if i had to say is the number of stadiums. I would rate this game perfect actually but just hope more stadiums come in the future iterations. I can put up with this commentary.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I decided to go ahead and get the game even though ?34.99 is far more than I'd usually pay for a game - seems this really reinvents the cricket game and is the game we've all been waiting for.

I just hope it doesn't crop up in a Steam Sale next week :lol :lol :lol

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
From what I know, Big Ant rarely, if ever, put their games "on sale". Given the level of stolen copies out there, the price will be going up, not down, I imagine.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
From what I know, Big Ant rarely, if ever, put their games "on sale". Given the level of stolen copies out there, the price will be going up, not down, I imagine.

OK, good to know for future reference.

So - first impressions, very good so far although I am deeply confused about the bowling, namely how to aim where you want to bowl the ball but it's late, I'm tired so will read the bowling guide tomorrow. :)

ethybubs

International Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3

I think we can all agree that just because this post happened Big Ant will put DBC on sale within the next week.

D

Deleted member 9102

@MasterBlaster76 - Since coming back to PC gaming in January, I thought anything over ?25 was too much to be paying for a game when you see the amount of quality games being sold in even the ?5-10 range.

Originally I thought DBC was expensive at over ?30, but there are many factors to consider - Big Ant is not a multi-billion pound corporation, the game won't have been cheap to produce (like these 'pixel art' or 'Goat Sim lolz' games...), the game won't sell millions of copies etc.

The more I think about it, the more the price tag seems perfectly justified. Not only that, the way Big Ant go about their business is fantastic... The amount of support we continue to get from their team on these forums and in the form of patches/updates is brilliant. Just look at the 360/PS3 issues thread and see how committed Ross is to solving the problems a minority of Xbox users are facing.

We've waited so long for a decent cricket game - now we have a great one, by a great team... We need to do what we can to help it grow - I wouldn't be annoyed that I didn't get this game in a sale and save a few quid, I'd be happy that I invested a bit more of my money in something I really want to succeed.

Rogene7714

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I have only one problem with this game... I don't have any friends on steam to verse :facepalm

Most of my friends play on ps3.

Anyway, whoever is playing this on pc and looking for friends to play, I'm keen.

Silverfox_18... I'm from South Africa.

Big Ant are my favourite developers, and everything said about this game, especially in above review, I agree with.

Add me on Steam: Rogene7714

Abyss

Club Cricketer
With the odd saving and loading issue with the Xbox version, i decided to buy the PC version over the weekend. All i can say is its way better to look at than my xbox one. The detail is excellent. Only thing i would change is to give it triple screen support. The loading times though are way better and things happen immediately. Loving it :cheers

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
@MasterBlaster76 - Since coming back to PC gaming in January, I thought anything over ?25 was too much to be paying for a game when you see the amount of quality games being sold in even the ?5-10 range.

Originally I thought DBC was expensive at over ?30, but there are many factors to consider - Big Ant is not a multi-billion pound corporation, the game won't have been cheap to produce (like these 'pixel art' or 'Goat Sim lolz' games...), the game won't sell millions of copies etc.

The more I think about it, the more the price tag seems perfectly justified. Not only that, the way Big Ant go about their business is fantastic... The amount of support we continue to get from their team on these forums and in the form of patches/updates is brilliant. Just look at the 360/PS3 issues thread and see how committed Ross is to solving the problems a minority of Xbox users are facing.

We've waited so long for a decent cricket game - now we have a great one, by a great team... We need to do what we can to help it grow - I wouldn't be annoyed that I didn't get this game in a sale and save a few quid, I'd be happy that I invested a bit more of my money in something I really want to succeed.

It is indeed a great game - all I have to do now is figure out how to bowl...

D

Deleted member 9102

It is indeed a great game - all I have to do now is figure out how to bowl...
Haha there is certainly a learning curve alright. It's very rare these days that you'd advise this for a video game, but read the manual carefully!

T.J.Hooker

Panel of Selectors
I've clocked up something like 200 hours on DBC already, and I've had a pretty good time.

That's a cracking deal for 30 quid.

cksv1968

School Cricketer
I have spent many hours with this game. Still I am not able to play as I wish. The Ball marker is not there for batting help. It would have been a great help for the game plays. Then they can decide whether they go forward or go back foot. It will be very interesting if it includes in the game[DOUBLEPOST=1407660018][/DOUBLEPOST]Where I can download patches

Users who are viewing this thread