A beautiful thing just happened...

That sounds Great Man...are there edges to slips from spinners (unlike C07)?

Great discovery....encourages to rethink to buy the game. By the way what graphics card are you using Tom? Looks exuberant.

Pak_cricketer said:
RG did give us clues that there is a patch being worked on. Wouldn't guarantee it though.

OMG R.G. giving clues :eek: HELP :rtfl

LC, you say your getting out for 124 on test mode i presume, does this mean the abting realy is harder?

simran3 said:
OMG R.G. giving clues :eek: HELP :rtfl

At list Codies are trying :) think about EA they are not interesed to make or try such things :rolleyes: :mad:

After firstly being very disappointed, I went home last night and played as Zimbabwe in the world cup, without the bowling indicators on (When I was batting).

In the first game Ireland opened the batting and I restricted them to 136 in a 50 over game (Possibly a little low to be realistic as the tail enders did not try and survive the overs - they were all out after 25 overs - so too agressive)

And when it came to batting I found it much more fun without the bowling indicators on. Really struggled to meet their target and only got there with 1 wicket to spare! It was great fun. The only real problem I have like most people now is the unrealistic AI:

1) They are way too aggressive when batting even when they have lost loads of wickets and have 30 overs left in their innings - not realistic at all

2) Their fielding tactics are ... well lets say my grandmother would captain a fielding side better!

What I cant understand is that the game shows you a graphic of your batsman's wagon wheel - if you score 99% in one direction the AI never puts a fielder in that position!

That is so obvious and so easy to program I cannot understand why it is not implemented in the game? If it was, it would:

1) Make the game MUCH more realistic

2) Make it much more interesting as you would then have to figure out how to score in different areas.

Get those things sorted and I think this is an excellent game.

My 2 cents worth anyway :-)

How do the other pitches play with your Test patch, Chestnut? Are they improved as much as the damp pitch is? Also, can you do something about spin bowlers opening the attack too much?

Have you any idea how long it will be before you release your Test patch and will you have one for ODIs?

Did you see the CPU blocking occasionally as well, in your Test patch, or was it just you blocking?

D'you really think Codies will release a gameplay patch, then?

Good work, though! Reps coming your way :cheers

garylawrence said:
lazy chesnut are you working on a patch ??? that would be great...

Have a look at the 1st page of this thread. It's all in there and it looks great!

Just to clarify - I can do nothing except alter players stats - so my players batting stats were very low so it was hard to score.

I can't alter AI agressiveness. I can't alter spin bowlers opening the bowling, and I can't change fields.

Perhaps if you make it so the spinners aren't one of the top 2 bowlers in the team they will not open the bowling.

Kev said:
Perhaps if you make it so the spinners aren't one of the top 2 bowlers in the team they will not open the bowling.
Correct. Looks like I need to make my own changes and release as a patch.

Thing is though, you'll need a different patch for tests, 50-overs, 20-overs, etc as the batting needs to be harder the longer the match.

So you can alter it then :p

Of course its probably better to make the fast bowlers better rather than decreasing the spin bowlers abilities.

Kev said:
So you can alter it then :p

Of course its probably better to make the fast bowlers better rather than decreasing the spin bowlers abilities.
Oh, sod off! :p

Yes I suppose it can be altered. But not in a very clever way. I would have to go through every team and find out which spinners have this problem. Does anyone fancy providing me with a list of "problem" players.

Users who are viewing this thread