Your best or most stupid dismissals?

Yellow is full. Red is short.

There's no such thing as a short pitched full ball, It's either short or its full.

So, by your definition the yellow ball that pitched on the bowlers side of the 6 metre mark is a full ball?

I've also had red ones land between the 2 and 4 metre mark, and have seen green ones that land on the bowlers side of 8 metres (very nearly in his half of the pitch) as well as green ones that have gone under the bat.

Last edited:
Interesting .. I have never seen these "short pitched full delivery or full pitched short delivery" in game. The yellow marked deliveries have always landed on my toes

So, by your definition the yellow ball that pitched on the bowlers side of the 6 metre mark is a full ball?

Nope that's a short ball and it would have showed up as red not yellow.

I've also had red ones land between the 2 and 4 metre mark, and have seen green ones that land on the bowlers side of 8 metres (very nearly in his half of the pitch) as well as green ones that have gone under the bat.

That's all well and good but until I actually see it for myself then I don't believe it's possible.

Nope that's a short ball and it would have showed up as red not yellow.

That's all well and good but until I actually see it for myself then I don't believe it's possible.

I've had 4 or 5 instances where I've noticed it. Bear in mind that I've been playing pretty much 8 hours a day for about 3 weeks, so I'm drawing from a fairly large sample set.

I can't show you, because I don't have a pvr for my ps3 - but I'm seriously considering getting one, because I think there's massive potential for documenting the emerging narrative stuff ...

Yellow is full. Red is short.

There's no such thing as a short pitched full ball, It's either short or its full.

there is such

i pressed circle to start my run up then i selected my delivery then i released it early to be a short pitched full ball, ok

there is such

i pressed circle to start my run up then i selected my delivery then i released it early to be a short pitched full ball, ok

I'm not denying that it cannot happen when YOU'RE bowling but when the AI is bowling to you then i'm not so sure as I've never experienced it myself.

^This

well, you know how they say cricketers need to re-adjust there mind set to FC cricket after playing T20? the epitome of that in the last game, was meant to be batting out a session and a half to draw the game, first ball I faced and I was pressing the 6 button instead of the block button.

caught in the deep. (though in my defense why on earth they had 4 fielders in the deep in such a match situation is again weird field setting)

This was the first delivery I received in a new innings (playing career). It came from a relatively tired (a little over half fatigue) medium pacer - and was yellow out of his hand. Luckily for this demonstration, it was also the last ball of the over.

I can't show you the actual delivery, because I don't know I want to record the delivery until after, but I can assure you that this was very definitely supposed to be a full ball when the bowler released it (yellow circle), and as you can see it ended up being the rankest of rank long-hops.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, you know how they say cricketers need to re-adjust there mind set to FC cricket after playing T20? the epitome of that in the last game, was meant to be batting out a session and a half to draw the game, first ball I faced and I was pressing the 6 button instead of the block button.

caught in the deep. (though in my defense why on earth they had 4 fielders in the deep in such a match situation is again weird field setting)

ha ha...THIS ^

This was the first delivery I received in a new innings (playing career). It came from a relatively tired (a little over half fatigue) medium pacer - and was yellow out of his hand.

That's clearly a short delivery which would have showed up as red. Because it's a medium pacer and because of fatigue the ball ends up hitting low down on the stumps because of a lack of pace.

I can assure you that this was very definitely supposed to be a full ball when the bowler released it (yellow circle), and as you can see it ended up being the rankest of rank long-hops.

I'm sorry but I just don't believe it as I've never seen it myself.

I wonder if Ross can put this to bed, can the AI run up and bowl a full delivery (Yellow) only for it to pitch short bouncer length in the game?

Stupid dismissal = trying to late cut a yorker whilst on 49 :facepalm

I've done this a number of times when I've been set. The old vacant point Or slips trap eventually melts my mind in the end.

Yesterday I got caught out by the silly mid off. Drove the ball hard and the ball ricocheted off him quite far. He then took a diving catch off himself! First time i had seen that

I've done this a number of times when I've been set. The old vacant point Or slips trap eventually melts my mind in the end.

Yesterday I got caught out by the silly mid off. Drove the ball hard and the ball ricocheted off him quite far. He then took a diving catch off himself! First time i had seen that

lol yeah, had that. I had the ball ricochet off the silly midoff and pop up to the bowler. Pretty stupid and I wish they changed it (ie. make the fielders cringe or something as IRL).

I'm really bad at premeditating esp when there's a vacant slip cordon and no third man. No matter if I keep telling myself 'each ball on its merit'...as soon as the ball is bowled, I'm already trying to do the late cut!! lol. noooooooo :facepalm

lol yeah, had that. I had the ball ricochet off the silly midoff and pop up to the bowler. Pretty stupid and I wish they changed it (ie. make the fielders cringe or something as IRL).

I'm really bad at premeditating esp when there's a vacant slip cordon and no third man. No matter if I keep telling myself 'each ball on its merit'...as soon as the ball is bowled, I'm already trying to do the late cut!! lol. noooooooo :facepalm

Although its frustrating I think they did a great job of develop a game that builds pressure on the batsman that way. Its almost exhausting getting to fifty as it is playing. Would be even worse If ai didn't bowl so many dollies on leg

Users who are viewing this thread