Your Best Re-Gen

i know it reads like that but when you see the replays the left armer bowls with the leg spin action if he is a right hand bat

he bowls with the same action that shane warne uses but left handed

yes! but it doesnt differ from the right hand leg spin action its the same but in reverse due to a different hand

i had an argument about this the other day, a guy i know said brad hogg was a great leg spinner!!!! wouldnt accept that hes a left-arm chinaman bowler, said as it spins the same it should be called the same! he even said bowling a doosra should be called a leg spinner! the guys an idiot

the guy is right i bowl left arm orthadox(monty/vettori) and i am called an off spinner

hogg bowls leg spin because its wrist spin. It doesnt matter which way the ball spins

the guy is right i bowl left arm orthadox(monty/vettori) and i am called an off spinner

hogg bowls leg spin because its wrist spin. It doesnt matter which way the ball spins

If you bowl left-handed you can not possibly be an off-spinner! Off spinners ALL bowl right-handed! It may be the left-handed equivalent of off-spin, but it is not off-spin.

Look through profiles on cricinfo or cricket archive. If you can find one that says left-arm off spin or left-arm leg-spin, I'll give you my next wage.

If you bowl left-handed you can not possibly be an off-spinner! Off spinners ALL bowl right-handed! It may be the left-handed equivalent of off-spin, but it is not off-spin.

Look through profiles on cricinfo or cricket archive. If you can find one that says left-arm off spin or left-arm leg-spin, I'll give you my next wage.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! i get quite frustrated with the argument lol

very much correct, hogg is a chinaman because he bowls a wrist spin action same as Warne but as he is left handed it spins the same way as traditional off-spinner, hence why most left arm spinners are taught to bowl orthodox (off spin action) because this replicates leg spin and is more effective.

I have a Re-Gen (I think it is:p) from the West Indies called Ryan Nurse (RFM Bowler), and in his ODI debut he got something like 4-47! Pretty impressive aye!

Users who are viewing this thread