Your Player Cards

Damn! This is one for the records from me, so I shall let that last post remain unedited just for laugh's lags. Pardon my stupidity. :D

He was refering ndeed to the online community jn the editor and I agree with you that the Flintoffs yet made have still a lot of work to be done. Give it a go your self. Just take one you like and work a bit on him, trial and error. You will be surprised how much talent you have!

He was refering ndeed to the online community jn the editor and I agree with you that the Flintoffs yet made have still a lot of work to be done. Give it a go your self. Just take one you like and work a bit on him, trial and error. You will be surprised how much talent you have!

Thanks so much for such an encouraging post! :)

I do acknowledge the fact that this is by far the best player creator I have seen in a cricket game. I tried creating my own self but the character I made didn't quite turn out to be my kind at all. I am not so good with this stuff, I suppose. I guess I should upload the player card for the PlanetCricket team anyway.

You are right, I shall give Freddy a go myself and see if I can clear the hurdle.
Thanks once more.

Thanks so much for such an encouraging post! :)

I do acknowledge the fact that this is by far the best player creator I have seen in a cricket game. I tried creating my own self but the character I made didn't quite turn out to be my kind at all. I am not so good with this stuff, I suppose. I guess I should upload the player card for the PlanetCricket team anyway.

You are right, I shall give Freddy a go myself and see if I can clear the hurdle.
Thanks once more.

We are all learning by trial and error and even though some people are better than others this is mostly due to them being able to work with focus and methodically.

Knowing which part of the editor does what is important. Experimenting. Also turning the head often like a sculpture and looking at all angles.

If you search in this thread for the posts of Israraraffi he gives some good tips on how to go about the process. He is a master at this stuff!

----------

Israr, are you able to dig up that post or posts you made about how to go about editing? Would be helpful for new folk starting out or do you mind just posting a few basic tips again?

Umm...i will post again. Those posts are spread out all over this thread....

Something to get hasan aftab started...

Always look for a "passport" pic taken at a studio...a picture taken right from the front by a professional photographer. The face and the body has to completely face the camera staright on. In the attached image, the 2nd and 3rd pictures in the first row are good pictures and the 4th one sucks because you can not see the outer shape of the whole face.

2nd thing about the picture, make sure the dude is NOT smiling. Trust me a smile mess up everything in the face.

Now you might not find pictures like these all the times, so in that case you have to imagine certain features of his face.

I tend to start with finding the perfect hair. this is due to the face that the hairstyles in academy tends to make the forehead unusually wide/narrow, big or small. if you can not find the perfect hair just select one closely resembling and move on to skin color and properties and then head shape.

In head shapes..you have to be careful about the carnium width. There is a forehead width where skin shows...and the whole width of the forehead where it goes upuntil the hair/ear. Like i soid before, this is very dependent on the hairstyle you choose. Then look at the temple size. Adjust it to the carnium width and then move on to head width and length.

Once you get an appropriate shape..look at the jawline...where it starts from. Whether the curve of the jaw starts from above or below the lips. Whether the jaw is coming out of the face or going into the face. Adjust and move on to chins. Chin width is easy, but when it comes to length you have to play with head length,chin length and i believe mandible length together.

Once that is all done..move to nose shape. Try to get the length right first. Then root and bridge width. then you should start working with lips, eyes and mouth simulatenously regarding the width. try to see where the edges of the eyes end..how does it line up with the nostril width. + the edge of the lips. Then start working on the other properties of eyes, lips. Finally i look at the brows...select the appropriate one and play around with it along with readjusting the eyes a bit more. Look at where brows start from compared to eyes and where it ends.

Finish it off with the cheekbones. Depending on how it looks now...you might want to go back adjusting head width/cheek width. Cheekbone is always tricky because often time they are hidden by fat on the face. So just select whatever looks best to your eyes.

And now you add whatever facial hair you want to add.

A way to cheat is, if someone has half his face covered with beard like amla, just skip the whole jawline process and add the beard and it looks perfect.

Edit: there are two ways to create faces, look for the obviously prominent features of a face and overdo it. The good thing about such tactics are they are instantly recognizable even from far away but con side is it tends to look a bit caricature close by. Raj does this pretty well. The other way is to make those prominent features subtly stand out. Con side is They are not instantly recognizable from far away often but tends to look a bit less cartoony close by. I try to go this route, but often time does not work out well.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    355.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion, aspirin. However, I tried googling IIRC and I can't find any such community. If its the online community exclusive to the game itself, where we can download created players from you are talking about, I looked up the character models and wasn't impressed at all by the work on Flintoff. There were about 5 or 6 creations, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Now that I know what IIRC means, well I already checked there before I posted this which is why I said I haven;t been impressed by any of them.

Ha ha thats priceless, I'm a bit upset though, I thought my Freddie on the server was one of my best creations, I'm obviously not as good as I thought.:noway

Ha ha thats priceless, I'm a bit upset though, I thought my Freddie on the server was one of my best creations, I'm obviously not as good as I thought.:noway

Ha, take heart me old mate. Flintoff is really not easy to do and you have produced some cracking players to date.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, freddie. However, I agree with what Dutchad said. Infact, what you created is by far the closest anyone has gotten to creating Freddy in the player creator. Having said that, you have done really well, my friend. :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings, freddie. However, I agree with what Dutchad said. Infact, what you created is by far the closest anyone has gotten to creating Freddy in the player creator. Having said that, you have done really well, my friend. :)

Only joking, not hurt really. I've noticed a lot of my creations don't look like other ones from great creators like israr. I suppose each person sees things in different ways. I've loved this editor and have sometimes spent an hour and a half on one player. Give it a go, the more you use it the better you become.

p.s. you are welcome to use my Freddie as a base, I might even like yours more than mine.

Only joking, not hurt really. I've noticed a lot of my creations don't look like other ones from great creators like israr. I suppose each person sees things in different ways. I've loved this editor and have sometimes spent an hour and a half on one player. Give it a go, the more you use it the better you become.

p.s. you are welcome to use my Freddie as a base, I might even like yours more than mine.

That's the thing. I have mentioned this before, but my creations are the way i look at the pictures. It sounds weird, because one would think everyone should see the face in the same way but it is not really the case. We all interpret the same face in different ways.

Speaking of spending time, i have spent over an hour on dhoni only lol. It was probably the longest i have spent.

That's the thing. I have mentioned this before, but my creations are the way i look at the pictures. It sounds weird, because one would think everyone should see the face in the same way but it is not really the case. We all interpret the same face in different ways.

Speaking of spending time, i have spent over an hour on dhoni only lol. It was probably the longest i have spent.

yeah its weird, I spent over an hour on Trescothick last night, was really struggling, then did Waqar Younis in about 20 mins.

BTW Israr, are you worried about how long it will take to allocate all the attributes to your hundreds of players and how long it will take?

Your waqar is really good. I have never seen trescothic before..or i just dont remember his face anymore but looking at google seems you got pretty close to it. Whats up with his face by the way?:p looks permanently sun burnt.

Haha dont remind me about that...i wish there was an overall attributes where i will rate someone 1-10 and the academy will adjust everything according to the rating. I hope it is easy to do so.

I might have to give my id to someone who can download and do some of the stuffs for me if one wants to volunteer.

Users who are viewing this thread