Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
This is such a terrible line-up fielded by Pakistan today.

Imam (anchor 1)
Abid (anchor 2)
Babar (anchor 3)
Haris Sohail (anchor 4)
Rizwan (anchor 5)
Iftikhar (poor man's Afridi)
Faheem (poor man's Razzaq)
Imad (the only good hitter)
Wahab (can smash a couple)
Shaheen
Rauf

This is such a terrible lineup. Pakistan is playing with 6 anchors, who have played 17 overs of dots out of 28.2. 6 out of 8 batsmen can't hit regular sixes if their life depended on it. Pathetic defensive mindset of Babar and Misbah.

How the lineup should've been:

Imam
Abdullah Shafiq
Babar
Haider Ali
Rizwan
Khushdil Shah
Imad Wasim
Zafar Gohar/Faheem Ashraf
Wahab Riaz
Shaheen Afridi
Haris Rauf

This team has 3 anchors at max, with Haider, Khushdil, Imad, and even Abdullah forming the power-hitting squad, and easily scoring 300+
Analytics clearly isn’t Misbah's thing

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Nothing irritates me more than seeing Pakistan be the same team making the same mistakes again and again!

What kind of crappy lineup is this?? Pathetic!! if we can't hit 300+ in Pakistan against Zimbabwe - shows how far behind the 8-ball we are international teams like England and Australia. Disappointing.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Nothing irritates me more than seeing Pakistan be the same team making the same mistakes again and again!

What kind of crappy lineup is this?? Pathetic!
Misbah said that they're looking for a direct qualification in the 2023 WC through placing in the top 8 in this ODI Super League and thus fielding a 'full-strength' side. Can you even believe that Misbah isn't sure whether we'll directly qualify for the World Cup or not?

Teams like Pakistan who play 3 ODIs a year can't afford to field such lineups 28 months before the world cup. In fact, Pakistan's previous ODI was against Sri Lanka all the way back in October 2019. We have to maximize the benefit from whatever limited games we are playing.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
280 should be a very competitive total here.
Predicted it!

The flashes of brilliance of Haris (despite cramps) and Imad have brought us to a good total. Both the teams are very much in this. Should be a gripping chase, this.

AsadRM

Panel of Selectors
PAK...
RCB...
LQ
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Shaheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen! Take a bow

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
Misbah said that they're looking for a direct qualification in the 2023 WC through placing in the top 8 in this ODI Super League and thus fielding a 'full-strength' side. Can you even believe that Misbah isn't sure whether we'll directly qualify for the World Cup or not?

Teams like Pakistan who play 3 ODIs a year can't afford to field such lineups 28 months before the world cup. In fact, Pakistan's previous ODI was against Sri Lanka all the way back in October 2019. We have to maximize the benefit from whatever limited games we are playing.

What a joke! This shouldnt be your full strength side ever! Why play 4 anchors in a batting line-up - if we were going up against any other team we might not even get to 280! Nobody looked like they wanted to play proactively.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
I mean, we barely did that the last time.

Na Maloom Afraad

Man of Tomorrow
The Boys
What a joke! This shouldnt be your full strength side ever! Why play 4 anchors in a batting line-up - if we were going up against any other team we might not even get to 280! Nobody looked like they wanted to play proactively.
When you have a ship being steered by people with the average age of 55+, you are bound to do a few things that are at least a decade out of date.

Don't wanna sound ageist, but you can't tell me this ain't a part of the problem.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
This is such a terrible line-up fielded by Pakistan today.

Imam (anchor 1)
Abid (anchor 2)
Babar (anchor 3)
Haris Sohail (anchor 4)
Rizwan (anchor 5)
Iftikhar (poor man's Afridi)
Faheem (poor man's Razzaq)
Imad (the only good hitter)
Wahab (can smash a couple)
Shaheen
Rauf

This is such a terrible lineup. Pakistan is playing with 6 anchors, who have played 17 overs of dots out of 28.2. 6 out of 8 batsmen can't hit regular sixes if their life depended on it. Pathetic defensive mindset of Babar and Misbah.

How the lineup should've been:

Imam
Abdullah Shafiq
Babar
Haider Ali
Rizwan
Khushdil Shah
Imad Wasim
Zafar Gohar/Faheem Ashraf
Wahab Riaz
Shaheen Afridi
Haris Rauf

This team has 3 anchors at max, with Haider, Khushdil, Imad, and even Abdullah forming the power-hitting squad, and easily scoring 300+
Abdullah Shafiq has played 0 List A matches so giving him a debut in a one-day international seems a bit much. Haider Ali has also only played 5 List A matches (lower strike rate than Imam as it happens). Maybe they are just playing their best side or what they think is their best side.

Given Pakistan are ranked 6th in ODIs I would expect they qualify. But, they might be concerned a new format will make them more vulnerable than a ranking system of bilateral series and not want to take any chances against a side where they should win.

What kind of crappy lineup is this?? Pathetic!! if we can't hit 300+ in Pakistan against Zimbabwe - shows how far behind the 8-ball we are international teams like England and Australia. Disappointing.
England scored 300 twice this summer and lost both matches. Only successful ODI defence was when they defended 230. Obviously big scores are more likely to bring victories but it's no guarantee, or the only way to win.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Abdullah Shafiq has played 0 List A matches so giving him a debut in a one-day international seems a bit much. Haider Ali has also only played 5 List A matches (lower strike rate than Imam as it happens). Maybe they are just playing their best side or what they think is their best side.

Given Pakistan are ranked 6th in ODIs I would expect they qualify. But, they might be concerned a new format will make them more vulnerable than a ranking system of bilateral series and not want to take any chances against a side where they should win.

England scored 300 twice this summer and lost both matches. Only successful ODI defence was when they defended 230. Obviously big scores are more likely to bring victories but it's no guarantee, or the only way to win.
Fakhar Zaman should’ve played, for starters.
If they didn’t see anything in Shafique, why select him?
He and Haider obviously aren’t picked on their List A record, but on potential, and T20 performance. I'd rather see them than Imam's 50 off 70 to boost his average.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
He and Haider obviously aren’t picked on their List A record, but on potential, and T20 performance. I'd rather see them than Imam's 50 off 70 to boost his average.
Honestly, I know there were rumblings about Imam being selected because of his uncle but if fans aren't happy with someone who has 7 centuries in 37 matches I don't think they'll ever be happy.

I would assume Haider and Abdulllah are there for T20s?

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK

Bingo!!!! Why play the same old players and get the same old predictable game! There was no urgency in the batting or nothing exciting. I don't want to watch a generic Pakistan because we will fail against the bigger teams - I'm tired of watching the same old scores for the last 20 years by different Pakistani's.

PLus, wouldn't you rather have Haider Ali go up against Zimbabwe and gain the confidence then against Australia and the likes?

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Honestly, I know there were rumblings about Imam being selected because of his uncle but if fans aren't happy with someone who has 7 centuries in 37 matches I don't think they'll ever be happy.

I would assume Haider and Abdulllah are there for T20s?
Half of them against Zimbabwe. Don’t get me wrong, he has the capacity to be a very good batsman, as he showed against South Africa a couple years back, but he keeps playing these infuriating innings, where he eats up deliveries, puts pressure on the other batsmen, and gets out at the wrong time, when it’s time to accelerate.

Users who are viewing this thread