Please help me

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
There's something wrong with my internet. I download at the speed I used to but my browsing speed has decreased significantly. Please help me out guys. It's really starting to get on my nerves.

Please don't say ask your ISP because they don't understand English.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Are you downloading alot of things in the process?
Torrents, Limewire, iTunes?

Shut off any applications your not using, get rid of any unneeded programs, and you should be good to go.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Are you downloading alot of things in the process?
Torrents, Limewire, iTunes?

Shut off any applications your not using, get rid of any unneeded programs, and you should be good to go.

Nope, I am not and I have checked for viruses. There were a few found in the past few days (Trojan Horses or something like that) but I've successfully deleted them all. I ran a scan today and no serious threats came up.

omkarjere

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nope, I am not and I have checked for viruses. There were a few found in the past few days (Trojan Horses or something like that) but I've successfully deleted them all. I ran a scan today and no serious threats came up.
What is your connection speed ? It might also be due to rainy season as I also have that problem my BSNL connection gets a bit slow when it starts raining.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
What is your connection speed ? It might also be due to rainy season as I also have that problem my BSNL connection gets a bit slow when it starts raining.

I have a 1mbps connection. The thing is, I download at 90-120 kb/s but my browsing speed is so slow. And no, it is not rainy season here at the moment.

Hitterman

International Coach
First clear all temp and waste files using ccleaner and then repair your LAN . If this also not works then try to disable your anti-virus for some time and than try.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
I live all the default checks the program has made and just click 'Run Cleaner', right? Would you suggest un-ticking some of the default options?

pingusten

Club Cricketer
I live all the default checks the program has made and just click 'Run Cleaner', right? Would you suggest un-ticking some of the default options?

No, just clear it all. Thers nothing important there. Your bookmarks arent lost or anything. Just analyse, and then run cleaner.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Have you tried browsing with different browsers?

Could very well be a browser related issue.
You should try doing a speedtest when you feel your speed is low : www.speedtest.net

I use Firefox. It was fine 3 days ago :(.

Also, this is what I got.

Last edited:

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Any other pieces of advice you guys could give me?

Users who are viewing this thread