WI to host 2010 World T20

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Okay, WTH Happened with 2009 T20 world cup England? Cancelled?..

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Okay, WTH Happened with 2009 T20 world cup England? Cancelled?..
No, it is still on. The West Indies were due to host the Champions Trophy in 2010 but because this year's tournament was put back to 2009, to avoid back-to-back Champions Trophys, there will be another World T20.

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Well I biggest Mistake We made in the West Indies was it had tooo Much Rules and Regulation.
It's wasn't a Caribbean Style Tournament.

I hope they less the Rules for T20.

The pitch may be slow.

But West Indies Have alot of memories. and one of them no one can Forget it.
B Lara 375 and 400*.

and B Lara Great win for the West Indies Against the Mighty Australia in my Home town Barbados, I can't remember the year.

WestIndian

vBookie Team
Well I biggest Mistake We made in the West Indies was it had tooo Much Rules and Regulation.
It's wasn't a Caribbean Style Tournament.

I hope they less the Rules for T20.

The pitch may be slow.

But West Indies Have alot of memories. and one of them no one can Forget it.
B Lara 375 and 400*.

and B Lara Great win for the West Indies Against the Mighty Australia in my Home town Barbados, I can't remember the year.

The year was 1995, second innings 153 not out!!!

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
There were talks of scrapping the Champions Trophy,what happened to that ? Its actually not at all interested as the previous editions have seen it.

Back on topic-Windies may not be a bad a choice,its another chance for them to make amends after the embarrassing World Cup.
But,if the ICC wants to spread the game,why not host the T20 World Cup in altogether new countries ? Say Maldives,Malaysia,China ???

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Nah Rabs,u wouldnt get beer and bikinis in these countries. Though,if they play cricket in germany,you can enjoy beer and schnapps. ;)

madmusician

Club Cricketer
I do think that this shows the ICC Calender to be a little silly. They should just cancel the Champions Trophy after next year's one (if security improves in Pakistan that is, if not, cancel it), and then put the World Twenty20 two years apart from the World Cup. That would work nicely.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Good luck to the hosts as this could be their opportunity to reinvigorate cricket in the West Indies. If Stanford could work with the WICB to really make this tournament fan-bloody-tastic, they'll be half way to the elusive goal. However, West Indies need to get far in this tournament (semi-final, final or win) to complete the task.

nikhil_99

International Coach
WI is a not so interesting place for cricket,World Cup 07 was a major flop over there,they should have gone for Aus/NZ becase the World Cup in Aus is in 2015,so that would have been the ideal place.

Users who are viewing this thread