ICC Champions Trophy 2009

Who Will Win The ICC Champions Trophy

• Total voters

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
That was long time back.That was because the UAE had banned tobacco advertising. The Indian cricket team was sponsored by Wills at that time and naturally a conflict arose between the two. Thereof,they banned the UAE from its playing list.

But,if you remember,in 2004,India did play Pakistan in Dubai as a part of some celebrations.
I guess they didn't ban UAE. They just banned Sharjah. Not too sure though.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The ban was due to Dawood Ibrahim and Match Fixing.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
BCCI has banned Dubai from its playing list :noway

That was long time back.That was because the UAE had banned tobacco advertising. The Indian cricket team was sponsored by Wills at that time and naturally a conflict arose between the two. Thereof,they banned the UAE from its playing list.

But,if you remember,in 2004,India did play Pakistan in Dubai as a part of some celebrations.
BCCI has not banned Dubai. IIRC it was Sharjah that they decided not to play at anymore.

Insomniac

Title Recipient

Only "celebration match" I can think of in 2004 was the BCCI Jubilee Match, celebrating 75 years of the BCCI (I think it was 75)

That was the match where India scored 290 odd, and Butt hit his first 100 to chase down that total

The match took place in Eden Gardens, so no Sharjah there...

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Agreed the celebration match was in Calcutta,but India did play Pakistan in Abu Dhabi.It was a 2-match series which ended up in 1-1,I think.

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Agreed the celebration match was in Calcutta,but India did play Pakistan in Abu Dhabi.It was a 2-match series which ended up in 1-1,I think.
As far as I remember, it was a tri-nation series. Sri Lanka, Pakistan and India. Of which Pakistan had their full team and the other 2 had I guess their second string teams. Pakistan ended up winning it.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
That was something else. I am talking about the matches which were played in 2005-2006.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That was something else. I am talking about the matches which were played in 2005-2006.

The match that you guys are referring to is the 2-match series played for the Earthquake relief in early 2006.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Hmm... I can't say I was wrong...

Might be the wrong thread, but assuming England continue their tour, I would have to say that there is some pure hypocrisy there, especially since they could easily have been at the hotel.

Anyway, does life still go on, or do we halt everything to fix these problems?

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Better for all ! Even if they agreed BCCI will not allow to take place.

Users who are viewing this thread