Updated PC Roster - Released!

999buddy

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Having spent a few days hex editing (no, I haven't got a secret player editor :)), I'm releasing the first version of my updated roster. So far only England have been edited, although I may update Australia at a later date. It includes:

- English Bowlers' speeds fixed - bear in mind that I've set it so that they bowl their real top speed when on fearless (e.g flintoff 93mph, Anderson 90mph), but they lose up to 5mph when less confident.
- English Players ratings fixed - where I thought the ratings were obviously out (e.g flintoff, prior, broad, panesar batting; bopara bowling; collingwood fielding to name a few) I've changed them,
and made some more minor adjustments for ratings slightly out (e.g strauss is now our 2nd best batsman)
- Real player names - thanks go to Steves3667 for his real names patch, which I used as a base (and yes, I do have permission :))
- Note that I haven't created any new players other than Onions, so no Foster, Joyce, Trott etc. - these may be created in the next version.
- I'm afraid it doesn't seem to work in Ashes mode - I'll probably have to edit the first set of players too, as the roster file has two sets of each player.

Some stats may be wrong as I've played several games, and when the game updates players' career stats I'm not sure whether it stores them in USER or USERSTAT.dat.
Equally the file may or may not change your game progress and unlocks - if it does, I've unlocked the English stadiums through completing tutorials (that means no Lords/The Oval which require you to win the ashes), and several other stadiums from completing matches.
You should also check your graphics, sound and controller settings as they may be different too.

If it doesn't work, I'm not sure I can help, as I've had no problems this end. However, last night I played at Jamaica and for some reason all my bowlers added an extra 3mph - it was hot, no wind and with the kookaburra ball - if you find the bowler speeds out, try a different temperature, ball and pitch, and it may change completely :)

If there are any other ratings you want corrected, just ask and I'll try to alter them for the next version, however currently I don't want to edit players of the unlicensed countries - If you want to edit bowling speeds, then for 82mph+ bowlers, change them to Fast, then alter the bowler pace rating - 75 is about 87-8mph, 78 is 89-90mph, 80 is 90mph, 82 is 91-2mph, and 85 is about 93mph.

To install, just copy the user.dat file into (My) Documents\My Games\Codemasters\Ashes Cricket 2009
Remember to backup your old file just in case.

Enjoy :)
Rob

Edit: it might be a good idea to actually upload the file :D

Attachments

• User-dat.rar
    45.8 KB · Views: 3,586
Last edited:

999buddy

School Cricketer
Download link now added - It didn't upload properly first time :)

Vitch

School Cricketer
Thanks very much for your efforts.

Question - Has this altered the rating of the England team (was 82 Overall I think)?

A couple of save game compatibility questions:

Is it compatible with a test in progress?

Is it compatible with a test series saved between tests (ie on the squad select page)?

999buddy

School Cricketer
Thanks very much for your efforts.

Question - Has this altered the rating of the England team (was 82 Overall I think)?

A couple of save game compatibility questions:

Is it compatible with a test in progress?

Is it compatible with a test series saved between tests (ie on the squad select page)?

I'm not sure about the England team's rating - it may have gone down slightly - now they are 81 for bowling, 80 for batting and 76 for fielding.

I don't think it would work with an in progress test (the players would probably have their old ratings until you started a new match),
but it may work with a saved test series - I'm not sure.
if it doesn't though, nothing is broken, only the players would only have their new ratings when you started a new match or series.

Hope that helps :)
Rob

ronaldo7777

PC Journalism Contest Winner
Just added this patch on.

Much better, having everyone as fast doesn't do much for differentiation, but the bowling speeds seem very very good now.

Tried it with all of the seamers (T20 was a little bowler heavy!) and they all skirted 90 mph - which is as it should be.

Well done - a worth while update.

999buddy

School Cricketer
I've just tested and it doesn't work in ashes mode as I thought :(
I'll make a new version soon which works in Ashes Mode too :)

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Are "Medium" and "Medium-Fast" bowlers still completely useless in the game? If you want a regular medium pace bowler then you have to set them to "Fast-Medium". I know it's only a naming convention but it's terribly unrealistic.

kenpat

Club Cricketer
Thanks for your work, all of us gamers owe a debt to the modders in any community. A question if you wouldn't mind.
Does this mean that someone with your patch playing online with England would have a better set ofbowlers than the default ones, or does it cause online mismatches

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It doesn't affect online it seems. I have Harmison set as fast with proper speed in both his data sets in the roster and he's still FM online. We think it's reading it from the .w32 or something to prevent cheating. Good for them if it is.

999buddy

School Cricketer
Are "Medium" and "Medium-Fast" bowlers still completely useless in the game? If you want a regular medium pace bowler then you have to set them to "Fast-Medium". I know it's only a naming convention but it's terribly unrealistic.

Yes. Unfortunately, Medium bowlers only ever seem to reach 60mph, and medium fast no more than 70mph, even with very high bowling speed ratings.
Fast Medium bowlers can reach 83/4mph if thier bowling speed rating is 100, but most only get mid 70s, so you have to use Fast-Medium for most medium pacers. For anyone who bowls faster than low eighties you have to use Fast unfortunately.

does this include the correct name patch as well ?

Yep - read the information at the top (in the bullet points)

Thanks for your work, all of us gamers owe a debt to the modders in any community. A question if you wouldn't mind.
Does this mean that someone with your patch playing online with England would have a better set ofbowlers than the default ones, or does it cause online mismatches

As colin said, editing the roster file doesn't affect the online rosters, so you're stuck with the slow English bowlers online

Users who are viewing this thread