Ashes09 or Ea07??

Which game do you prefer?

• Total voters

The_gas

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
AC09 batting is ok, don't get me wrong. But its far too easy to score runs, EA batting requires more skill i think.

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Both are rubbish. In AC 09, it can be enjoyed for its goods graphics. In Cricket 07, there is nothing to enjoy with. Gameplay is still rubbish in AC 09 as well as in EA

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
AC09 batting is ok, don't get me wrong. But its far too easy to score runs, EA batting requires more skill i think.

EA Ckt 07 out of the box was terrible as far as I can remember because most of the time, shots went straight to fielders! Mods/patches did improve it, but I think BLIC 2007/AC09's 360 degree system is the best thing to happen to video game batting. Agreed, runs can be a bit easy to come by, but surely a few tweaks to the timing window would fix that (if the guys ever find a way to do it, that is).

Stony silence from Codies...

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
EA for me. Obviously it's personal opinion, but once the novelty of a Ashes being a new cricket game wore off I soon realised that Cricket 07 is the better game. It's just more playable and mroe enjoyable. The animations aren't a joke too.

D

Dutch

Tiddlywinks for me. The excitement, the passion, the skill! Attempting a Double-Resinsky Flip Stamp on the last tiddly before the wink is what it is all about for me and gives me huge satisfaction when I pull it off. Please Codemasters, make a game of tiddlywinks; that will give me so much more pleasure on my computer. :)

P

pcfan123

AC09 for me, no contest. Cannot go back to a game that does not have a 360 batting system and a catching system. Those two options alone make AC09 more feel like cricket than EA07

Last edited by a moderator:

rocky_g

International Cricketer
AC09 for me, no contest. Cannot go back to a game that does not have a 360 batting system and a catching system. Those two options alone make AC09 more feel like cricket than EA97

I second that.

P

pcfan123

I meant EA07 btw, im sure you lot figured that out , have edited the main post

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Yeps. Bloody awful. All I can remember is the ball scuttling to the boundary every single time it was hit!

ksduded

Club Cricketer
You couldn't possibly have meant EA '97 - that was easily the worst cricket game I've ever played. Absolute joke!

hahah i remember me and my friends wasting quite a few hours on that piece of joke. i think we were still in shock that we were playing a cricket game on pc

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
hahah i remember me and my friends wasting quite a few hours on that piece of joke. i think we were still in shock that we were playing a cricket game on pc

I played that game long time ago but I think the bowling was quite enjoyable in Cricket 97 or whatever it was called. Richie benaud's comments were also a good addition.

Users who are viewing this thread