England tour of South Africa 09/10

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Either way, a decision was made and you've gotta live with it. I can understand that in this case it probably sucked more because of the review system in place.

I'd probably die a little inside, but wouldnt go off on epic rants on the internet :)

Eh, it's his right to get angry. His team were screwed over. You can't blame the guy.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'd probably die a little inside, but wouldnt go off on epic rants on the internet :)

'Epic'? A few multiquotes, with some comments of my own, hardly epic. You want an example of that, dig out my review on Ashes 2009 - that's what I'd call epic.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
I think this Harper fiasco also resulted in England's lackluster bowling and sorry batting display in the second innings. They look like a team defeated and I suppose we'll see another 100 partnership involving Collingwood but then we should run through the rest and the tail easy and get an innings victory - weather permitting.

I would be PISSED if SA was the team on the receiving end...this is just ridiculous really. Harper shouldnt even be in the 3rd umpire's seat anymore.

Without trying to piss anyone off, I do however think that despite what has happened and despite how terrible it is SA do deserve to square this series. if it does happen it is unfortunate that happened under these circumstances because this cloud of rage from english supporters will always hang over what has essentially been a 6-0 performance by South Africa.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I definitely agree that SA deserve something from the series; just a shame we're talking about the umpiring again rather than their batting and bowling.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
South Africa deserve to win this series 3-1. You have outplayed us in three of the four games and twice we hung on by the skin of our teeth. This test may well have been closer had the decisions gone our way but it doesn't change the fact we got lucky in the 1st and 3rd test's. We will be all out by tea tomorrow.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
South Africa deserve to win this series 3-1. You have outplayed us in three of the four games and twice we hung on by the skin of our teeth. This test may well have been closer had the decisions gone our way but it doesn't change the fact we got lucky in the 1st and 3rd test's. We will be all out by tea tomorrow.

im not so sure...apparently thers a 60% chance of rain tomorrow so not sure if we will even reach tea. I have this feeling it will go down to time/light again with us chasing a modest total under gloomy skies

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I think this Harper fiasco also resulted in England's lackluster bowling and sorry batting display in the second innings. They look like a team defeated and I suppose we'll see another 100 partnership involving Collingwood but then we should run through the rest and the tail easy and get an innings victory - weather permitting.

I would be PISSED if SA was the team on the receiving end...this is just ridiculous really. Harper shouldnt even be in the 3rd umpire's seat anymore.

Without trying to piss anyone off, I do however think that despite what has happened and despite how terrible it is SA do deserve to square this series. if it does happen it is unfortunate that happened under these circumstances because this cloud of rage from english supporters will always hang over what has essentially been a 6-0 performance by South Africa.

6-0? Sorry, I'm a bit confused... :)

I definitely agree that SA deserve something from the series; just a shame we're talking about the umpiring again rather than their batting and bowling.

Indeed.

We didn't deserve to lose the series in the West Indies last time, but we did. Sometimes, that's just how it goes. If you can't bowl the side out twice, you don't win.

im not so sure...apparently thers a 60% chance of rain tomorrow so not sure if we will even reach tea. I have this feeling it will go down to time/light again with us chasing a modest total under gloomy skies

Thing is, when it rains in SA, it rains properly, doesn't it? :)

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
6-0? Sorry, I'm a bit confused... :)

lol As in six-love....not as in six test matches to zero - was only referring to our dominance in this game, despite the harper balls-up.

And yeah when it rains it does come down like a bucket lol But mostly in Cape Town it doesnt rain as hard but over a longer period than Jo'burg....We will probably see it more stormy tomorrow at the Wanderers but HOPEFULLY not from early on.

Good thing is, it means it will again be very overcast during most of the day so when we bowl first up the ball should move and shake around a bit.

Last edited:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
lol As in six-love....not as in six test matches to zero - was only referring to our dominance in this game, despite the harper balls-up.

Oh, OK - gotcha. You're right, we've been comprehensively outplayed in this match. We haven't turned up at all - good job it's the last match, otherwise we'd be going home with a 2-1 defeat. SA fully deserve to win this match, and I'm sure they will with two days left.

Valaskjalf

Club Captain
Oh Colly, you've got your work cut out tomorow.....

Yeah I know I said earlier we should run through them quite quickly but Im not discounting another miraculous save from England. Bearing in mind that on paper there are still 2 days left in the game, but with the rain delays its pretty much cut down to 1 day - and we know what England did last time when they had 7 wickets left with 1 day to go!

Collingwood is a real pain in the ass (which is a compliment) and I just hope SA wont become impatient. We've been lucky so far that we've quite easily run through the 13 wickets weve gotten so far in this test and I fear that the guys might become a bit edgy if they struggle to get through Pietersen and Collingwood tomorrow.

Especially Morkel, he seems to try too hard when things dont fall in place immediately - so 2 early wickets tomorrow is VITAL, no matter how screwed England are at the moment we still desperately need the early breakthroughs.

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Who is this person batting with Pietersen? He's making me nervous :(

Robelinda

International Coach
Pietersen = fail. If I were an England supporter I would be frustrated beyond frustrated with Pietersen and his inability to play for the situation.

Users who are viewing this thread