English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Pepper

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Utd were just amazing. The passing; the movement; just brilliant. Berba may have scored 5, but it was the re-introduction of Rooney that was key. The whole set up is different without him. There is less linking between attack and midfield, as Hernandez is a poacher sort of player. Individually everyone was on top form as well though. Fantastic result.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Well, someone was awaiting an Old Trafford thrashing and it was poor old Blackburn in the wrong place at the wrong time. What a performance and it could've easily been ten or more. Berbatov was Cantona-esque, there was just something about him today - his swagger, his little back flicks - Sir Alex must be smiling to himself: not long ago, he stated that Dimitar has six months to prove himself a Utd player. I believe it got the desired result.:D Just a shame Rooney couldn't get himself one!!

As well as that, Chelsea's goal difference advantage is right out of the window now - if we could've kept a clean sheet, we'd stay top no matter what they do tomorrow. Personally, I reckon they're going to drop points again, especially if it's at St James Park.

JBlues08

Club Captain
As well as that, Chelsea's goal difference advantage is right out of the window now - if we could've kept a clean sheet, we'd stay top no matter what they do tomorrow.

Even if you have kept a clean sheet, we can still go top back but will need at least a 2 goal margin victory instead.

The FA Cup Third Round draw will be made today. You can check out the details here.

JBlues08

Club Captain
Personally, I reckon they're going to drop points again, especially if it's at St James Park.

You're right in the end. We dropped more points!

A mistake by first Mikel and then Cech that gave Newcastle an early was really pathetic! That was another example of giving the opposition a cheap goal when they rarely threatened much throughout the game. We did it last week against Birmingham and now against Newcastle. :facepalm

Having said that, we barely created many clear cut chances despite having more than Newcastle. Good goal by Kalou for our equalizer and missed a rather great chance to win it late on! Typical Kalou! :mad

A draw was perhaps a fair result as Newcastle defended well and we rarely troubled them. The only positive thing we can take is we did not lose(again!) and have Michael Essien back for next week's game. Hopefully Lampard will be back too.

Credit to Man United for thrashing Blackburn yesterday and now sitting top of the table.

JD10

International Cricketer

War

Chairman of Selectors
Konchesky has been a terrible buy by Hodgson really. Not a type of left-back good enough for a major premiership side.

Hodgson should send him back to Fulham in January & try to get Bridge from City.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Johnson and Konchesky were both terrible today. They had no idea what to do with Bale and Lennon. Not a clue.

Also, why the hell is Maxi still there!? He's bloody useless. And why start N'Gog!? This is a big game and he's just not ready for it. He's not good enough at this stage.

D

Deleted member 13648

I wanna be in one of Andy Carroll's orgy. What an absolute lad.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Johnson and Konchesky were both terrible today. They had no idea what to do with Bale and Lennon. Not a clue.

Also, why the hell is Maxi still there!? He's bloody useless. And why start N'Gog!? This is a big game and he's just not ready for it. He's not good enough at this stage.

Maxi's finishing was dreadful, but he got himself into some wonderful areas to create chances. When Coles back I think we'll see him dropped, or Ngog and Kuyt striker.

Anyway, depressing morning. Stoppage time loss and draw United away.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Maxi's finishing was dreadful, but he got himself into some wonderful areas to create chances. When Coles back I think we'll see him dropped, or Ngog and Kuyt striker.

Anyway, depressing morning. Stoppage time loss and draw United away.

Hey, you've still got The Ashes to cheer you up. Oh wait... :D

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Hodgson should send him back to Fulham in January & try to get Bridge from City.

LOLBridge. Joke player.

You mention Konchesky not being good enough then bring up a complete wasteman like Wayne Bridge.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Seriously cant hide my disappoint from you guys given the way we lost at WHL. Yeah spurs were the better side creating more chances and dominating possession as well . But the spurs psychology is so simple, if you take a 2 goal cushion they are just switched off and gone(exception last week's comeback at emirates). But maxi bastard and torres really didn't help that cause wasting one too many chances . And glen johnson ,my god ,you guys still call him a defender ?? Absolutely dreadful in defence and was easily ***** by gareth Bale and modric. And our defence joker kyrgiakos who i feel is a better attcker was responsible for the killer 2nd that completed a devastating day for Liverpool having been drawn against united at O.T . And not to forget a guy called martin atkinson, man what a referee he was !!! Assou-ekkoto brings kuyt down inside the box identical to the challenge by johnson on bale. End result for liverpool is no penalty and glen YC. And he gives a penalty to spurs when the hand ball is made on-line. Seriously things just not going Liverpool's way atm. Hopefully cassano's arrival might spark something :(

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
I wouldn't say we were dominated, we should of been 2 or 3 goals up at half time for sure. I thought Konchesky was our worst on the pitch, though Soto stuffed up the one real thing he had to do unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread