Premier League 2008/09

Will_NA

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Was the CL quarter a mickey-mouse match too?

The simple fact is we've beaten you again

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
In a mickey mouse tournament. But then its the closest you'll get to winning anything.

Like you said I was more worried because of Sneijder's injury but then we did get VDV.
A mickey mouse nothing. You should try to win every game.

D

Deleted member 13648

The day m_vaughan makes a valid point is the day Will dumps me.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
I never said the CL quarter was a mickey mouse match. The Emirates Cup was nothing more than preseason and I am not going to rattle my head on results in preseason as well. Its good to win obviously, but you need to win the main things.

Arsenal might have the edge head to head, but I rather have the nine European titles!

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
These pre-season things always have such a crap atmosphere! No singing, no chanting, nothing. Roll on the real stuff, starting at Wembley today!

Man Utd 3 - 1 Portsmouth

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
The real stuff started yesterday :mad:... :p.
I think if Crouch and Defoe can play well together then they will cause United a lot of trouble, I wouldn't expect it to be too one-sided.

Sorry mate, I was talking about the Premiership! I wasn't trying to devalue the Championship or any other league, the football there is great to watch!

MasterBlaster76 added 0 Minutes and 52 Seconds later...

Well mastblaster 76 yeah it is 3-1 I think you forgot to write penalties after that :D

I thought the guys were excellent, especially Tevez and we were very unlucky not to win by a few goals in normal time. We were all over Portsmouth.

PhilD123

International Coach
Was saying Tevez has improved from last season!:D He was brilliant today. More worrying was our lack of cutting edge up front, although a new striker this week could sort that out. Anyway, of course its nice to win, but today wasn't really important as far as the result goes. Just a game for the players who needed it (Neville, Carrick).

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Well Neville was great he never looked like he was injured for a long period . And yeah Tevez was the best we could have scored 3 goals on a other day . But brilliant keeping again by VDS in the penlaty shootout

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Was saying Tevez has improved from last season!:D He was brilliant today. More worrying was our lack of cutting edge up front, although a new striker this week could sort that out. Anyway, of course its nice to win, but today wasn't really important as far as the result goes. Just a game for the players who needed it (Neville, Carrick).

Well, Sir Alex hasn't denied he's thinking of bidding for Henry. I expect something to happen this week, as far as strikers go. I'm not worried about our cutting edge, we made lots of chances.

PhilD123

International Coach
Yeah I think I worded it badly, I basically meant we don't have someone to put away the chances. Rooney misses quite a few chances and Tevez should probably finish a few more.

I think Henry might be a decoy for the real target, either Berbatov or Huntelaar.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
What do you think about Berbatov? Do you reckon Fergie can get him to behave himself? I suppose if anyone can do it, Sir Alex can.

Users who are viewing this thread