English Football Thread 2012/2013

Who will win the 2012/13 Premier League?

• Manchester City

Votes: 9 25.0%
  • Manchester Utd

Votes: 19 52.8%
  • Arsenal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spurs

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Newcastle

Votes: 1 2.8%
  • Chelsea

Votes: 6 16.7%
  • Everton

Votes: 1 2.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Next season is shaping up nicely.

Moyes at Man United, Mourinho, Pellegrini, Hughton.

Now that is an exciting prospect.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah.

Unless Pellegrini does a miracle.

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors

meh.

cautiously optimistic. I'd have preferred someone with european/champions league experience, i.e. Vitor pereira, but i don't really know how feasible that was.

There are a lot of positives for Martinez, wigan won the cup, he seems honest and likeable in interviews, they play entertaining football.

But the fact is he got relegated, and was always involved in relegation scraps every season. It's easily qualified by talking about budgets and the size of the club meaning they were always swimming against the tide.

But you can argue that Swansea and Norwich have similar budgets, how close have they came to relegation in their combined 4 seasons?

So i guess a good appointment, but not electrifying, but probably the best we could realistically do.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Funny that everyone is dispensing with Man Utd winning the title? OK, the great man has retired, but the players are still there - RvP et al, and Moyes has done a very good job with Everton for a decade now, with very limited resources.

And a lot of pundits are saying that Jose's return to Chelsea is 'a big mistake'. I mean, Jose and Roman fell out once before - who's to say it won't happen again? What will be so different this time round? You know they always say 'never go back', don't they? How many times has it actually been as good as the first time round for a returning manager?

Anyway, go ahead and underestimate Utd - I reckon it just fires the guys up more.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Having said that, I can think of one example where it did work - when 'Sparky' Hughes returned to Old Trafford after playing for Barcelona for a spell.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm on the fence. Obviously I'll support the club but I feel we could have done better.
Mind you the bar has been set very high by Moyes.

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
attachment.php

100 times better than last season kit looking forward to buy it & yeah LFC has gone mad there away kit is probably the worst kit of the century :)

Attachments

• NEW KIT.jpeg
    NEW KIT.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 33

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
And a lot of pundits are saying that Jose's return to Chelsea is 'a big mistake'. I mean, Jose and Roman fell out once before - who's to say it won't happen again? What will be so different this time round? You know they always say 'never go back', don't they? How many times has it actually been as good as the first time round for a returning manager?

well, Jupp Heynckes was the most succesful manager in europe this season and he was a returning manager, but no, most of times it's happened that I can think of it hasn't gone well, capello was a disaster second time round at milan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread