World Cup Final moving away from Mumbai?

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Meh, this is just the same crap that Shiv Sena idiots try to pull all the time. Remember the stuff they said about the Australian team and how they weren't allowed in Mumbai? Well... what happened to that...

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
I lost a dear friend to the cursed attacks of 26/11 wonder how his family would feel on knowing that instead of punishing those responsible Mumbai is busy playing host to Pak so that it can PLAY CRICKET.

There is nothing but everything to this feeling of keeping PAK out of Mumbai. That being said, I have nothing against PAK. They are a good team & should they deserve may they win the cup. Its common sense that those who did this ill doing had nothing with the common Pakistani but its important not to hurt the sentiments of those already suffering.

Cant agree at all with this. When the country is treating the guy whom they have captured (Ajmal Kasab) like an Indian citizen, how can you expect us to show our anger at a cricket team that didnt do anything but has just come to play a gentleman's sport? This is the problem with us. When someone does a mistake, their whole community is being gunned at. We should stop that. Sad for the people who lost lives, but PAK is not our enemy, the people who did those atrocious stuff are.

sjdigitall

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cant agree at all with this. When the country is treating the guy whom they have captured (Ajmal Kasab) like an Indian citizen, how can you expect us to show our anger at a cricket team that didnt do anything but has just come to play a gentleman's sport? This is the problem with us. When someone does a mistake, their whole community is being gunned at. We should stop that. Sad for the people who lost lives, but PAK is not our enemy, the people who did those atrocious stuff are.

This is the best thing said here. Saying the whole Pakistan is our enemy, and saying that denying a cricket team to play CRICKET is something that should be done is a joke. Its the Pakistan Cricket Team!, Theyre not terrorist, sure they have a shady history with the sport but there sportsmen.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Sad for the people who lost lives, but PAK is not our enemy, the people who did those atrocious stuff are.

I did say the very same before you , but I just meant to show a little respect to the feelings of those already lamenting the loss of a dear one. Anyways this too shall pass & its best that we don't discuss this topic at all.

War

Chairman of Selectors
Always thought Mumbai from the inception was a weird choice to host a WC Final in India TBF. Kolkatta would have the best atmosphere for a WC Final.

----------

Yes, I know, that's why I don't think we should hold the tournament until we have better, bigger grounds.
They could always use the Olympic Stadium. Personally, it should be minimum of 50,000 for a World Cup Final ground, 40,000 for the semis - this is meant to be a 'World Tournament'. Can you imagine FIFA/IRB holding their finals in such small grounds - madness.

Not really. Lord's although it only has 30,000 for a final is very iconic venue & the most iconic cricket venue in ENG. Just like Jo'Burg, Kensington Oval 03 & 07 WC & where the most iconic in SA & WI. They had around 30,000 @ JO'Burg & just about 20,000 @ Barbados.

Mumbai isn't the most iconic in IND, Kolkatta is.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
I lost a dear friend to the cursed attacks of 26/11 wonder how his family would feel on knowing that instead of punishing those responsible Mumbai is busy playing host to Pak so that it can PLAY CRICKET.

There is nothing but everything to this feeling of keeping PAK out of Mumbai. That being said, I have nothing against PAK. They are a good team & should they deserve may they win the cup. Its common sense that those who did this ill doing had nothing with the common Pakistani but its important not to hurt the sentiments of those already suffering.
So what, you want the WC final moved out of Mumbai if Pakistan makes it?

Kabooka

International Cricketer
So what, you want the WC final moved out of Mumbai if Pakistan makes it?

The WC final can be moved out of Mumbai as long as it is done to preserve peace and harmony (They did move the WC out of PAK for the very same reason didn't they) . They moved the WC out of Pak for the security concerns of other players, similarly it shall be a big security risk for the Pak players to play in Mumbai.

They can host the WC final anywhere they want, Bangalore , Kolkata, Dhaka, Colombo ..... anywhere, But God forbid ( for you & us) you don't want some disgruntled guy shooting Afridi in his head from the rooftop of a building a mile away with a Drugunov , would ya ?

Its all crazy talk , but better safe than sorry .

riz7khan12

Panel of Selectors
Always thought Mumbai from the inception was a weird choice to host a WC Final in India TBF. Kolkatta would have the best atmosphere for a WC Final.

what if india makes the finals and loses? they'll be riots all over the city just like in years gone by. Kolkata's crowd is by far the 'rowdiest' and i'm not sure how many foreign supporters would enjoy being at a final like that.

sjdigitall

Club Captain
The WC final can be moved out of Mumbai as long as it is done to preserve peace and harmony (They did move the WC out of PAK for the very same reason didn't they) . They moved the WC out of Pak for the security concerns of other players, similarly it shall be a big security risk for the Pak players to play in Mumbai.

They can host the WC final anywhere they want, Bangalore , Kolkata, Dhaka, Colombo ..... anywhere, But God forbid ( for you & us) you don't want some disgruntled guy shooting Afridi in his head from the rooftop of a building a mile away with a Drugunov , would ya ?

Its all crazy talk , but better safe than sorry .

And who would be the one doing the assasinations, a bunch of pussies from the Shiv Sena?

Kabooka

International Cricketer
And who would be the one doing the assasinations, a bunch of pussies from the Shiv Sena?

Who knows man , one of em morons, maybe some guy with nothing to lose, maybe a near and dear one of one of the many rich people who got killed in the 5 Star hotels ...... as I said crazy talk, but isn't it best for everybody's safety.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
If Pakistan reach the final, better hope India also reaches it.:D If not, all the disappointment of India not getting there will be dumped on Pakistan's cricketers (whose country does not have a good relationship with that city after 26/11). I wish its incident-free (if Pakistan make it the final).

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Mumbai isn't the most iconic in IND, Kolkatta is.
Mumbai is the most iconic cricketing city in India and has a rich history of producing some of the best cricketers that have played for the country. Not only that, it has won 39 of the 66 Ranji Trophy championships.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
I say give it to Chennai!

Safe, great crowd, and a rich cricketing history. :D

Or Bangalore. I think they have been great hosts in this group stage (barring maybe the lathi charge thing...)

But the final should not be moved from Mumbai. The Wankhede is the Wankhede... has produced the greatest indian cricketers and has such a great history. Plus the BCCI head office is in the building, doubt its gonna be moved :p.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
I say give it to Chennai!

Safe, great crowd, and a rich cricketing history. :D

Or Bangalore. I think they have been great hosts in this group stage (barring maybe the lathi charge thing...)

But the final should not be moved from Mumbai. The Wankhede is the Wankhede... has produced the greatest indian cricketers and has such a great history. Plus the BCCI head office is in the building, doubt its gonna be moved :p.

No, not Bangalore. Either its a lifeless belter or too hard to play shots (like the game between India and Ireland).

Hope its in Wankhede itself. If not, Kolkata should be first (due to the big crowd) followed by Chennai (excellent sporting crowd, great atmosphere).

Users who are viewing this thread