World Cup Final moving away from Mumbai?

Its irritating that Ratnakar Shetty too speaks as if there could be a slight chance the final could be moved (he says "there is no no change AS OF NOW").

Wankhede holds only 32,000? Damn! Thats too low. But yeah with Pawar as ICC president, Mumbai would have won the vote for hosting the final.

32,000 for a World Cup Final????
Is that a joke, whose idea was that?
Why not hold it in the biggest possible available ground?

I really despair of cricket administrators....the world over.:mad

I don't know whether you were being sarcastic or not on that skin thing, but one thing I know is that I hate it when people use the word 'cricket' as a substitute for the 'F' word. Seriously, whoever came up with this idea, CRICKET OFF! (This is the first time I used the word 'cricket' in the other sense! :p)
It's automatically done by our swear filter because it makes sentences look stupid and hopefully results in users reducing the usage of swear words.

--

On topic, now I kind of hope Pakistan make it to the final just so that those twerps can get antsy.

32,000 for a World Cup Final????
Is that a joke, whose idea was that?
Why not hold it in the biggest possible available ground?

I really despair of cricket administrators....the world over.:mad

If the World Cup was held in England, then the final would be at Lord's, and that's only got room for 30,000 i think.

Back on topic, Pakistan won't get to the final, there are at least two teams better than them in the competition, so there won't be a problem.

If the World Cup was held in England, then the final would be at Lord's, and that's only got room for 30,000 i think.

Back on topic, Pakistan won't get to the final, there are at least two teams better than them in the competition, so there won't be a problem.

Yes, I know, that's why I don't think we should hold the tournament until we have better, bigger grounds.
They could always use the Olympic Stadium. Personally, it should be minimum of 50,000 for a World Cup Final ground, 40,000 for the semis - this is meant to be a 'World Tournament'. Can you imagine FIFA/IRB holding their finals in such small grounds - madness.

If only it was that easy. Once the knockout stages come, the team that plays better on that day and that is more lucky on that day wins.

I think for Pakistan's sake, it's better if they don't reach the finals. I fear that it could turn out to be very serious.

I want to us to get to the final, and beat India in the final in Mumbai.

It would make my day.

On a serious note, move the final out of India and put it in Sri Lanka. Problem solved

Actually such remarks by Shiv Sena and other violence oriented groups are itself a self motivation for Pakistan team.
If such rumors remain in news for couple of weeks then I guess India might loose final hosting at all and possibly final will be in Sri lanka.

I want to us to get to the final, and beat India in the final in Mumbai.

It would make my day.

On a serious note, move the final out of India and put it in Sri Lanka. Problem solved

I want India to get to the final, and beat Pakistan in the final in Mumbai.

It would make my day.

On a serious note, Knock Pakistan out beforehand. Problem solved (For Pakistan)

Pfft let these idiots protest. Because that is all they are going to do. They try to act all tough by saying theyre gonna do something but in the end they do nothing. I remember when they said if Rahul Gandhi comes to mumbai they were gona beat him up or something. Rahul Gandhi did come to Mumbai and more so he went on the local trains and walked around with the public. And what were these fools doing, waving there stupid black flags, because there all talk. BCCI shouldnt even take these idiots seriously.

Why? I fail to see how anyone can be uneasy at the thought of the Pakistan Cricket team playing cricket in Mumbai.

At the risk of sounding overly sentimental and/or childish, I was there in Mumbai, half a kilometer away from the Taj when the attacks happened. Was stuck there until the next evening due to curfews and closings and such. That was some frightening stuff. It's a bit more personal for me.

And I agree that the Pakistani team are not terrorists; I have a ton of respect for the cricketers. But the issue I think is symbolism - the cricket team represent the nation, and in the current scenario, especially in Mumbai, India have a big problem with Pakistan, whether anyone likes it or not.

Somebody above has said it right, it will become a very very serious issue should Pakistan reach the final. I can understand how people from the West would not understand that, but that is how it is.

I don't have a problem with the Pakistani team being in India. I just fear for their security. I don't think any security force- in their right mind- can assure their security without a degree of hopefulness (that nothing will happen).

I lost a dear friend to the cursed attacks of 26/11 wonder how his family would feel on knowing that instead of punishing those responsible Mumbai is busy playing host to Pak so that it can PLAY CRICKET.

There is nothing but everything to this feeling of keeping PAK out of Mumbai. That being said, I have nothing against PAK. They are a good team & should they deserve may they win the cup. Its common sense that those who did this ill doing had nothing with the common Pakistani but its important not to hurt the sentiments of those already suffering.

Last edited:
well we have talent and we will show that by reaching the finals..then we will see who the hell will stop..either they have to allow us or icc may have to take this final match venue to bangladesh or srilanka. thats all

No one can stop lions and i also agree no one can stop india too..

I just love those days when pakistan players and indian players were great friends...well now you wont get that atmosphere

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread