Pakistan tour of West Indies Apr/May 2011

angryangy

ICC Chairman
St Kitts usually has a more than sufficient batting pitch; in fact nobody has ever won a Test there. Australia have played the most ODIs at the ground and average about 340 in the first innings.

Rain might not play in the batting side's favour, but they lost half their wickets before the first break in play. All were taken by Rampaul and the theme seemed to be batsmen surprised by the bounce. Rampaul seems to be making up for lost time and it's now looking as though Roach is the weak link: full of hustle and bustle, he does work hard but rarely breaks through. A minor peeve perhaps? You could do worse.

Umar Akmal showed what Pakistan could do in every sense. He played shots and was organised enough to hang around for a few hours, but his innings still ended in seemingly suicidal fashion. It was a substantial effort, but it needed to be more.

AfridiRulez

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Current partnership 41 runs, 12.1 overs, RR: 3.36 (Saeed Ajmal 19, Tanvir Ahmed 20)

Good stuff by both.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
not a single west indies batsman has a clue about Ajmals doosra.

Actually its not only westindies but most of the International batsmen are clueless, I was amazed to watch what he did with Sachin Tendulkar in WC SF becuase Sachin is consider to be one of the most solid batsman against spin.

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
I still think Ajmal bends his arm more than the allowed angle during his doosra, but the batsmen need to be able to find a way to play him properly. If not out of the hand, then off the pitch.

The bounce got some of our batsmen by surprise. I'll have to say that Samuels and Sammy gave their wickets away. But the wickets of Nash and Bravo really showed that the pitch does have bounce in some areas.

I won't say it's a bad pitch though. Apart from a couple of spots, the bounce is consistent and you can easily play through the line to the seamers. The spinners are getting some grip from the grass that was rolled into the pitch, and that makes hitting against the spin a risky thing. I still think once you get yourself in, you can score big. But we don't play spin well at all, and Pakistan know this. India will be watching closely too.

I don't want to see Bishoo bowling long spells in the second innings. 5 or 6 overs at a time unless he's picking up wickets. Sammy has to throw the ball to Sarwan or Nash and tell them to turn their arms over a bit.

Bishoo has brought the googly out, finally, at least.

Also, I think this pitch might just be good for someone like Lendl Simmons and his medium fast bowling. Off and leg cutters will grip and the bounce will give the batsmen a couple things to think about.

I really want to see Sammy giving the ball to some more players, at least to see what they're doing with it. Pakistan must win this match to draw the series and they will want to score big and score big quickly. That will create chances, and you need players to step up and want to bowl.

If we draw this match, the series is ours, and the Pakistanis know that. They need to set some bait for us, maybe a target of 450 in a day and a session. Those are odds that we'll like. We'll definitely go at that target hard, but they also know that if we lose wickets, we'll just play for the draw. So they have to keep it competitive all the way through. Have someone like Rehman keep the scoring down at one end, forcing us to try to score off of Ajmal. Wickets fall that way.

At the moment, I don't see this match having a result one way or the other. Tomorrow will be a very important day.

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Wow this day certainly belonged to us.We were 186/8 when i went to sleep and when i woke up i was shocked that we reached 272 Thanks to Tanvir's 50.I knew he can bat but didn't know he can bat that well

WI struggle against spinners continues as 6 of 8 wickets were picked up by our spinners.We are now very much in business

----------

I still think Ajmal bends his arm more than the allowed angle during his doosra

Report it Hurry up:p

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Quality spinner Ajmal and Rehman is too defensive his 5 overs were to defensive. Need a better player in his place. I think they have him because he can bat a bit aswell. Should they replace Rehman? Suggestions

qpeedore

SOTM Winner - July 2014
I think Rehman is useful as both a bowler and a batsman. His primary job is to bowl, however. And he doesn't flight the ball or vary his pace as much as I think Misbah will want. But the benefit of pushing the ball through to off stump over and over is that he won't ever really go for a lot of runs.

Users who are viewing this thread