FOOTBALL Pes 2012

I've watched the PES 12 trailer - doesn't really do much for me. I prefer the look of Fifa again this year.

Here's the trailer they released 4 days ago, for those who didn't see it

Last edited by a moderator:
That trailer's pants, too long on the beginning which I'm sure few care about and probably switch off in games settings. And whenever I play a through pass like the one they first show there it is cut out 100% of the time, so unless they've gone full circle back to how it was back when through passes had a higher completion rate (PES 4/5 maybe), then I'd question the realism - of course the computer has no such problems, in that or staying onside, or making my defenders stand on the halfway line and get left for dust instead of sitting relatively deep as is my desire.

Would be nice if they'd build a league structure or two, even having just the Championship and Serie B would be nice - or just a handful of top sides from it so when you play the master league you can have all English clubs in the league with a second division. Or maybe just have a load of extra players from the clubs so you can create the extra 12 (?) teams for that country. A few years ago they did empty teams, they did it in a bad way with too many teams and too much fiddling to set up players - and their values were lower if bought in the master league. It was a great idea poorly executed and then ditched. If only you could edit more teams like you used to be able it would be something (just change team name, colours and player names and worry less about accuracy of the abilities)

That trailer's pants, too long on the beginning which I'm sure few care about and probably switch off in games settings. And whenever I play a through pass like the one they first show there it is cut out 100% of the time, so unless they've gone full circle back to how it was back when through passes had a higher completion rate (PES 4/5 maybe), then I'd question the realism - of course the computer has no such problems, in that or staying onside, or making my defenders stand on the halfway line and get left for dust instead of sitting relatively deep as is my desire.

Would be nice if they'd build a league structure or two, even having just the Championship and Serie B would be nice - or just a handful of top sides from it so when you play the master league you can have all English clubs in the league with a second division. Or maybe just have a load of extra players from the clubs so you can create the extra 12 (?) teams for that country. A few years ago they did empty teams, they did it in a bad way with too many teams and too much fiddling to set up players - and their values were lower if bought in the master league. It was a great idea poorly executed and then ditched. If only you could edit more teams like you used to be able it would be something (just change team name, colours and player names and worry less about accuracy of the abilities)

And that's one of the key reasons why Fifa is better - not the only reason, but an important one.

That might be a problem on console, but things like that are usually very easy to mod on PC. :)

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:
PES sucks FIFA rocks.....:cheers

That sort of comment isn't helpful and won't move either game forwards - the more each company can push each other, the better both games will be - I'm sure we're all on the same page about that. :)

I've heard that the total Career Mode in Fifa 11 console, including starting as a young player and retiring as a manager is only fifteen years. That needs to be at least doubled for Fifa 12, otherwise I might do what I've done before and get PES just for BaL.

Users who are viewing this thread