FOOTBALL Pes 2012

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think its not the Football alone that suffers from lack of good games on PC.
There isn't any decent Tennis game on PC since the TopSpin. So Condition of Tennis fans is pretty much same as Cricket fans. I used to have huge 5 set matches with my friends in TS2. VT3 was too arcadey

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
I've heard that the total Career Mode in Fifa 11 console, including starting as a young player and retiring as a manager is only fifteen years. That needs to be at least doubled for Fifa 12, otherwise I might do what I've done before and get PES just for BaL.

Why on earth would you need to do that, 15 seasons is a really long time. Just use your virtual pro for the 15 seasons then start a new career mode with the same virtual pro, if such a thing is that important.

15 seasons playing each match, that must be something like 200 hours of gameplay...

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Why on earth would you need to do that, 15 seasons is a really long time. Just use your virtual pro for the 15 seasons then start a new career mode with the same virtual pro, if such a thing is that important.

15 seasons playing each match, that must be something like 200 hours of gameplay...

15 seasons is enough for the playing career - but not for a player and a managerial career. And starting a new career with the same virtual pro won't work either - you'll just start again as a player. I want to play a career that grows seamlessly from a rookie player, to a player/manager, to a manager - otherwise why call it a Career mode? Name a single player who has gone from being a player to retiring as a manager in fifteen years? That would mean playing as a player for about eight years and then a manager for another seven - players don't retire when they're 28 and managers don't retire when they're 35. ;)

I wouldn't have a problem with starting a CM when I get the game and completing it halfway through the year. ;)

Anyway, sorry for the off topic - this is the PES 12 thread after all; I was only looking for clarification of how long the career mode is in Fifa 11 - not an in depth discussion as to why you would or wouldn't want to have it that long. ;)

Last edited:

Owzat

International Coach
That sort of comment isn't helpful and won't move either game forwards - the more each company can push each other, the better both games will be - I'm sure we're all on the same page about that. :)

FIFA is just too up and down for me, the PES gameplay is far superior and at the end of the day that is what you play a SIMULATION for. If you want massive numbers of leagues etc then I guess a management game is more your style.

Sure I would like PES to spend a bit more time putting just a handful more leagues, or at least enough teams and editing ability to customise more league options, but I guess if they did then PES wouldn't come to close to the 'final version'.

Then I guess that might be why FIFA gameplay sucks....................! :D

----------

You could say "FIFA rules", but that would only be as a football governing body! ;)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
That's your opinion and you're entitled to it - but I don't think Fifa's gameplay 'sucks' - far from it in fact.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
From a simulation point of view, it sucks. Fact.

Agreed, fact.

Masterblaster, you are entitled to your own opinion, but I think the only reason you think the gameplay aspect of FIFA is better than PES is you're excited that FIFA is going to be level with consoles in the next PC version. I'm sure you'll realise PES is the better simulation once you've played FIFA this year.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I'm beginning to think that I don't care what's the best simulation - for me, what's the best game is more important and the best overall football game package - and in my opinion, that's Fifa. It's about what I have the most fun with - and that's Fifa by some distance.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Tbh I don't understand why this conversation is had so much here, who cares. People will obviously have their own preferences.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Because it's the eternal PES vs Fifa war - it will rage forever. :D

Edit: I really don't care which one is the best 'sim' - my priority is which one gives me the most enjoyment and right now, that's Fifa.

Edit: Ooops - I just repeated myself, didn't I? :)

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No news?:(

PES 11 was very good, hope that they keep it up in this year too.

D

Deleted member 9102

Edit: Chris Gayle

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
FIFA is just too up and down for me, the PES gameplay is far superior and at the end of the day that is what you play a SIMULATION for. If you want massive numbers of leagues etc then I guess a management game is more your style.

Not if you want to play the games as well. ;) Management games bore me to tears - I have tried to get into them on several occasions, but they just don't do it for me. And before anyone goes on about having to get over a learning curve etc, I play flight sims as well - proper ones - and there is no other genre with a steeper learning curve than a proper flight sim. Starting up the F16 in Falcon Allied force for example can take up to fifteen minutes - if you do a completely 'cold' start.

PES 12 demo's out this week though, isn't it? I always take a look at PES even if I'm 100% buying Fifa - for BaL, if nothing else.

Users who are viewing this thread