England In India - October 2011/12

Sobi

Banned
Online Cricket Games Owned
Indian fans getting riled up again. Bloody hilarious. Face up, you have been hammered by an English side which had a far more competitive series against a much weaker Pakistan side.
Indian has never and will never produce a genuine fast bowler...even of the calibre of Sami :lol. As Nasser Hussain said, "Indians do not have the physical stature of Pakistanis"...oops did I do it again :p
On the topic of Akhtar testing positive for "steroids" you are one amazing ignoramus. Akhtar apparently tested positive for a substance called nandrolone, which was given to him in minuscule amounts during injections after his elbow injury, which is why he was requited after a legitimate appeal.

And do Indian fans really want to open up a bag of worms on match fixing? I could go as recent as the IPL, the world's premier domestic cricket competition featuring many prominent INDIAN players...
So Indian fans (not all but like 99%) stop being sour losers and hijacking this thread, admit England outplayed, and to any Pakistani fans making the comments that their team played better, they have every right to say that after the astronomical hype and expectation which Indians themselves heaped upon their now much maligned cricket team. How many Indian fans were banging on about beating all comers just a month ago?
:wave

Are you sure indian fans here are feeling the heat? Or is it that we are just watching huddle of monkeys getting togather and just having a laugh at them looking at how they are jumping in joy after winning a home series against a team with the worst bowling attack and getting number 1 rank at HOME. you still remember that the rankings are flawed right? Or they have been fixed as england became number 1? Just like harbhajan is th lion in just india, the whole england team is only good in england. Now dont bring in your ashes win in because that is the only thing you can brag abou :lol for so long india has managed to win series at home and draw away or might win one with a crappy bowling but england has only proven themselves at home and flopped away from home with such quality bowling and batting line up. I would be killing myself if i was an english fan. All you guys are thinking that we indians are being blown away by yhe fact that england just killed india 3-0 but you dont know how funny it looks to see bunch of english fans thinking their team is the best and gaining a flawed rank 1 after just winning a HOME series :lol :lol :lol

Atharv

Club Cricketer
Congratulations to English team on the being new number one test team .
:)
The kind of cricket that India played on windies tour and also on English tour is, well pathetic . On the windies tour itself it was clear that India was going to lose.
Zak was overweight and unfit,
Bhajji was struggling yet he kept his undeserved place in the team,
Sehwag was injured,
Raina was hopping around like a cat on hot tin roof against one genuine fast bowler,
Dhoni was struggling,
Zonal politics had crept back in BCCI and selection committee(which Sourav Ganguly had somehow managed to eradicate)
and the biggest factor was Sachin taking a well deserved but unnecessary break from cricket .
There was no way that India might have won this series but I was hoping for a 2-1 loss for India and it would have happened had Dravid asked for a review.
:facepalm
It is quit interesting to see how India was number despite having only one good bowler who was overweight and unfit .
:noway
The joy and happiness of English supporters is understandable because in the long long history of Cricket they have not had many occasions that call for a celebration.
:D
Once again Congratulations to English cricket team on being the number one test team(regardless of the span of time for which they are number one).

I just hope that India turn around things a bit and hand the new Number One Test team their first defeat as the number one test team at Oval .

:D:D:D

Last edited:

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Now dont bring in your ashes win in because that is the only thing you can brag about :lol for so long india has managed to win series at home and draw away

Okay in that case, just tell me one quality opposition India managed to win away from home while England din't, during their 20 month stint as the #1 test team. If I'm not getting a valid answer from you, this better be the last of your countless pea brained posts.

Last edited:

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
Exactly haarithan and Sobi you completely went off topic compared to what I had written. India have won at home but who of any quality have they beaten away from home? in the last 20 months.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Haha dont even get me started on pakistan team now. You dont know sht abput pakistan cricket facts lol. Just search pakistan cricket drugs and bans on google and you will get tons of links telling their stories. Then can only be ranked better than india in categories such as taking drugs, ball tempering, match fixing, and surely for making bombs. Pakistan team is lucky that they are still into top 8. They shouldnt even be in the icc rankings and be kicked out just like their venue got kicked out. So instead of me, you need to get your brain checked but i highly doubt you have one :lol

Hmmm,,, Instead of shifting towards Pakistan and their venu being kicking out, try concentrate on the 4th test with England to save your dignity. :)

War

Chairman of Selectors
Nah, being #1 isn't subjective. We'll be top of the rankings after this series. We will be #1, no ifs, no buts. You may think South Africa are a better side, which is fine, that's your opinion, they are a good side and I'm looking forward to that series next year. But we will be #1 just like India have been for the last 20 months. Regardless of how flawed you think the table ranking is, it's the same system for everyone, playing more matches than others doesn't make a difference and it's not based on the last 2 years as you seem to point out in your post.

Yes it does. Have you ever read the ICC Handbook 2005-06 which the ICC uses to rank teams in the test championship???. It quite clearly states this: ICC Test Championship - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

quote said:
Test championship calculations

The calculations for the table are performed as follows:

Each team scores points based on the results of their matches.
Each team's rating is equal to its total points scored divided by the total matches and series played. (A series must include at least two Tests).
A series only counts if played in the last three years.
Series played in the first two years of the three-year limit count half; essentially, recent matches are given more weight.

You people need to read up more before you continuously defend this extremely faulty ICC ranking system that made India # 1 before and has ascended ENG to # 1 too quickly.

So basically adding up results for ENG since May 2009 to now is short-sighted cricket logic because, it does take into account properly the change of personnel in a team due to retirements or player development properly - in this case of ENG its the latter as i mentioned in the previous post:

quote said:
English cricket after the Moores/Pietersen saga between West Indies 2009 - Pakistan 2010 where the embryonic stages of the Strauss/Flower partnership and development. No one in their right mind was ranking or speaking of England as anything close to best team in the world then and rightly so because they had alot players who did not convince the world they good all-round players.

The 2010/11 Ashes win regardless of how far this team goes in the future, will be regarded by historians im sure as the starting point of this teams greatness. Thats why the West Indies 76-91 dynasty is always started in 1976 in England and AUS 95-2007 dynasty also begins from the 95 win in the Caribbean.

Players for ENG like Anderson, Tremlett, Cook, Bell, Bresnan came of age in Ashes 2010/11. The faulty ICC ranking system which judges form of the a short two year period, does not recongize this and its has incorrectly made a correlation with ENG of between of WI 09 - PAK 2010 to ENG between AUS 2010/11 - IND 2011. Those are two completely different ENG teams that one cannot compare

The system is worst way to judge who is best test team in world, which is why i always advocate cricket does not need one. From 1948 to 2002 cricket was fine without such systems and their was never any problem, we need to go back to those days.

South Africa have drawn quite a few series over the last 3 years or so, that's been their down fall in a period when England have only drawn one series (when South Africa failed to kill us off). They're a good side, but they don't have our bowling depth. Just a shame the series next year is only 3 matches.

S Africa didn't fail to kill us off - rather ENG were very lucky to escape that series with only a 1-1 draw. Dont forget the amount of injuries S Africa had in the first three test of that 2009/10 series to their bowling:

- Kallis couldnt bowl in the first test and Steyn was injured
- Steyn played the 2nd test half fit. Although SA didn't help themselves by not dropping Ntini sooner and ENG won this test fair and square

- De Wet broke down injured on the final day when he was bowling well as ENG barely held on to a draw.

The only time S Africa played their full strength team was in the final test in Johannesburg and they smoked us.

S Africa otherwise only drew series with India in the past couple years, which were basically the unofficial #1 series because those two since the Australia dominant era ended in February 2007 were the best two teams. SA drawing with India three times basically meant both SA and IND where the two equal best teams in tests.

Yes SA dont have our proven bowling depth. But their first XI bowling attack options of Steyn/Morkel/De Wet/McClaren/Tahir/Kallis would give ENG batters an extremely tough challenge. ENG need to conquer that challenge (presuming as i mentioned before SA also keep winning throughout 2011) next season before one can safely say England are # 1, by whatever margin.

Last edited:

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Sobi reminds me of the Indian people I tend to avoid on cricketing discussion.

Read this on cricinfo, "that the best of England met the worst of India in this series" certainly seems a fair point. Bal is a decent writer as well.

karan316

Banned
Congrats to the English fans and the England team:clap
England deserve to be number 1. Best of Luck for the future games to the English team:thumbs. I guess the current England team is so strong that even 5 or 6 players getting injured won't affect their performance, and i think they well do well in the tests coming ahead which are outside England. Hope the Indian management and selectors learn something from the ECB.

And I still back team India to get back on track. Even though they are not doing very well but they have given us a lot to cheer for in the previous few years, won't blame the Indian players too much, I still back them. No excuses for current series, England just outperformed India.

and I m requesting others users to please stop this India Pakistan fight and other similar issues, please don't disrespect eachother, lets keep the issues to cricket rather than fighting, lets keep the arguements healthy.
Time for England to celebrate :cheers

Last edited:

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Humour

To be fair no-one has voted no yet. I'm taking some of the suggestions made on TMS and posting them as tongue-in-cheek polls. Ditto the previous one on India being stripped of their test status.
It's a bit of fun. I think you've been living in the states too long to understand humour ;)

If you say so.

Don't mind if it's in good fun.

Sobi

Banned
Okay in that case, just tell me one quality opposition India managed to win away from home while England din't, during their 20 month stint as the #1 test team. If I'm not getting a valid answer from you, this better be the last of your countless pea brained posts.

Yeah we have beaten Sri Lanka in Sri Lanka and they are among the top test teams in the world. You play Australia every year so without no doubt you are used to them and will beat them one time or another. England is on the same track as India, living number 1 spot on home series haha :lol:lol:lol

----------

Exactly haarithan and Sobi you completely went off topic compared to what I had written. India have won at home but who of any quality have they beaten away from home? in the last 20 months.

And which quality opposition has England beaten away from home? Other than those who they play every other day (Austraia in Ashes)??? :lol:lol

----------

Hmmm,,, Instead of shifting towards Pakistan and their venu being kicking out, try concentrate on the 4th test with England to save your dignity. :)

who knows? you people might just drop something there that would make them abamdon the match :lol:lol

----------

Don't Worry Rehan,This is the only thing they can do now :lol 3-0

Yeah man we have to just worry about the next result as it could be 4-0 but you guys have bigger problems to worry about than us. Maybe Pakistan team might not even be there in ICC by next two years of so because they are turning into matchfixers, druggies, terrorists, or retired. We can still stay in test cricket and keep losing series 4-0 or 5-0 but if you guys keep it going like you are now, you will just be playing in the backyard of some coutry's jail :lol:lol:lol keep it going Pakistan!!!

cricket_icon

International Cricketer
wow sobi touchy?? no need to get personal about any teams...calling pakistani players terrorists? you really have run out sane things to say. no more responses to your silly posts would be welcome.

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Can't believe some Indian Fans are trashing IPL.

120 Indian Cricketers get into the IPL Squads each Year and get Recognition, Fame, and Money.

Best thing to have happenned to Indian Cricket. Cricket Players have a chance of getting somewhere.

Also for an old fart like me (Age 38), Twenty20 is the thing...I won't last a 50 Over Game. but I can bowl 4 Overs with good Pace and play Club Cricket.

----------

I think Pakistan might just edge ahead of India after looking at this series. I don't understand why people still call them druggies. Those things were ages ago. I'm also pretty sure they're ranked above 8. And the match-fixing thing? That happened last year, in 1 match. They played 10-ish test matches since then, and played hundreds before. You might wanna get your facts right, and your brain checked.:yes

Bangladesh fans.

You are hurting my feelings Deshi.

First you paint Pakistan flags on your faces.

Second you are defense advocates for Pakistan team.

Sobi

Banned
wow sobi touchy?? no need to get personal about any teams...calling pakistani players terrorists? you really have run out sane things to say. no more responses to your silly posts would be welcome.

well truth is truth and I am not the one to start all this, its you guys. There is test match going on and you should enjoy it, there is no need to jump on the losing team. Yeah you can critisize their game but there is more going on in here than criticism and I am sure you know that too so don't try to be the innocent one here. Don't cry about my posts like a little baby, you get back what you give. Also, wasn't it a pakistani guy here who started comparing Pakistant to India and blabbered about how Pakistan is better? So don't even say I started this:noway

Paki007

Panel of Selectors
Maybe Pakistan team might not even be there in ICC by next two years of so because they are turning into matchfixers, druggies, terrorists, or retired.

After all these things we reach the semi final of WC

Well you are accusing us of being bomb makers and terrorist,I would ask you to keep this topic to cricket,We haven't said anything personal about india.It was just their performance which is pathetic and everybody knows it.You are a Sick person,WHO doesn't improve himself but raise others Faults and mistakes.Because of guys like you India Pakistan haven't had good relations.

Again Keep this debate cricket i am surprised you are still not banned

----------

who started comparing Pakistant to India and blabbered about how Pakistan is bette

It was said as a joke but still Truth is yeah our pathetic batting and bunch of Match Fixing Bowler Defeated England in a Test match

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread