England In India - October 2011/12

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Fast Bowlers

143k's he must be a god in India, but then again whats one more god when you have 20 million :p

England Squad does not have a single Fast Bowler.

Has not had "ONE" since Bob Willis retired.

Imported one from Jamaica, Devon Malcolm, with limited results.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol M talking about 50 over WC, t20 worldcup is not even as good as a champions trophy:lol

All subjective of course considering in England the Champions Trophy is about as important as an odourless fart. In fact individual test series are normally more important than the 50-50 World Cup. You said we'd never won a world cup and I was merely pointing out that wasn't true...

Sobi

Banned
Man England pwned India like the way the Nazi's would have pwned Gandi's non violent movement

haha congratulation on winning a series against a 60% injured team and specially at home. If this series was in india then we would have kicked England out like Gandhi did to the English long time ago :lol :lol :lol :lol

macintosh

Club Captain
All subjective of course considering in England the Champions Trophy is about as important as an odourless fart. In fact individual test series are normally more important than the 50-50 World Cup. You said we'd never won a world cup and I was merely pointing out that wasn't true...

You win a 50 over WC with mentally strong players, not with the ones who get depressed:lol:lol:lol

P

pcfan123

Injury is a code word this series for sucks ass

so when they say Sehwag going home cause of injury, he's going home cause he sucks ass.

Just like the 60% injured squad argument, nah. 60% of them just suck ass at Test cricket

macintosh

Club Captain
Yaaaa,
Injury is a code word this series for sucks ass

so when they say Sehwag going home cause of injury, he's going home cause he sucks ass.

Just like the 60% injured squad argument, nah. 60% of them just suck ass at Test cricket

I guess the admins are sleeping. :lol or maybe they are racist just like Mark who is provoking me to say offensive things against England fans whom I respect a lot

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
haha congratulation on winning a series against a 60% injured team

I do want to deconstruct this a bit:
Zaheer Khan = Chris Tremlett (best bowler at Lord's - injured after one test)
Gambhir = Trott (played while injured and missed games)

Sehwag = chose not to have the operation he needed after the WC so he could play in the IPL. Not bad luck - deliberate planning.
Harbhajan - looked dreadful in the games he played. Him being injured probably strengthened the team.
Yuvraj - couldn't get in the team at the start of the series. Bowling looked rusty and batting was very suspect against the short ball. Not a test player.
Praveen Kumar - a genuine loss but only for 1 match. Don't tell me the series was lost at the Oval.

The key to being number 1 is strength in depth and the fact remains that England did have injuries to key players but were able to replace them.

----------

Yaaaa,

I guess the admins are sleeping. :lol or maybe they are racist just like Mark who is provoking me to say offensive things against England fans whom I respect a lot

As you can see from the post I made 20 mins ago I'm very much not sleeping but keeping a close eye on this thread.
I'm glad to hear you respect the England fans and I'm sure you will be able to keep refraining from being offensive towards them.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Did I read that 2011 is the first year since the 50s we didn't hand out any new caps?

Yup.

Last test cap given was 2010 Shahzad. Shows how well fitness is managed by the backroom and how experienced those that come in are.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Depressing to think what might have happened if England hadn't lost their number 3 batsman who averages 60, as well as their in-form seamer from the last year. You all remember him right? Big guy with steepling bounce and arms like tree trunks. In all seriousness though, where does the Tremulator slot back in? Does he? Is the side better balanced with Bresnan? All excellent questions to have to answer :)

Surely you get to number 1 in the world 5 day test match arena with mentally strong players? Amazing to think that what was once referred to as "pyjama cricket" can be considered an example of mental toughness these days. I guess it's the same world where once reading and digesting 'Paradise Lost' could be considered impressive, is today replaced with watching an entire series of Total Wipeout...

Users who are viewing this thread