"See how many we get" mafia - Endgame. BKB1991, mafia, wins

Nope, doesn't seem to be anything about me anymore so I can only assume I was the prankster that was aluded to earlier in the game. Again I got a successful result. We went to night quite quickly, so I tried to make sure that I didn't get in the way of any of the investigation roles or to swap me with anyone else in case anyone tried to investigate me.

Sedition and Varun need to post their targets then? I find it interesting this BD thing by PD tbh..

Meh everyone seems to, and since everyone's issues seem to be with how Colin set up the role there's not really much I can do about it :rolleyes

An interesting thought just came to me: What if PD is mafia aligned and is infact the BD or some similar pranking role and the first 2 nights he could use it? But now with the god father Manly dead, PD has to use/try to use the killing role, meaning he can no longer BD or 'prank' people.. that is why no mention in the write-up. Thoughts people?
FOS : PD

----------

Again I got a successful result.
What result? BDs aren't given results, I think. :rolleyes

Except I did act last night, I got a "successful" result (which means I wasn't blocked). So if I was the killer who had to act, and I wasn't blocked by Zhu, how on earth... seriously Sim, your logic is so often counter productive, you need to think for longer :yes

I know who I want to lynch since I said that if Themer isn't mafia then Yudi is, but I'll wait for the investigative roles first.

See my point is, even if a person is blocked, I don't think the mod sends a message saying that to the person. The person has to figure it out from the write-up. Obviously, in the case of a cop or a watcher, if there is no result, then you assume you were blocked. But if you were a BD, whether you were blocked or not, I presume they wouldn't be any communication from the moderator. So, when you say you were successful, I wonder how you know it.

----------

From Roleblocker - MafiaScum

Players are not told that they are blocked unless it cannot be helped. For instance, a Cop who is blocked by a Roleblocker has to be told something for their investigation result. Normally the Cop is given a message like "No Result". (It is terrible form to simply not give the Cop any result at all and assume that the Cop understands that they were blocked - the Cop may instead question if the moderator forgot about their investigation.)

See above.

Sim, that usually depends on how the mod wants to do it. That has nothing to do with PD.

Sim, that usually depends on how the mod wants to do it. That has nothing to do with PD.

Fair enough. I have never modded, so I don't know if some mods 'do' notify or consider doing that. It is unusual, however.

Let it not detract from my main point though : No mention in the write-up after being supposedly mentioned on both Night 0 and Night 1.

An interesting thought just came to me: What if PD is mafia aligned and is infact the BD or some similar pranking role and the first 2 nights he could use it? But now with the god father Manly dead, PD has to use/try to use the killing role, meaning he can no longer BD or 'prank' people.. that is why no mention in the write-up. Thoughts people?
FOS : PD

As I said, I find it interesting. Only way is that both Sedition and Varun let us know what they have got. We can then move on. A mafia BD? I don't really know. PD has been gunning for Themer from some time. And, Themer has been going for PD. I don't know what to make of this..

Infact continuing on the mod notification thing, if we assume that the mod informs you if you are role blocked, then would he also inform you if say, you were targeted for a kill but were saved by a doc? Somehow, I very much doubt the mod would want to give out info like that. Here we do know there is a JK, so not much fuss there. Supposedly, it was Night 0 and PD was Jailkept. He gets a message saying he was unsuccessful. Won't that be too revealing?

----------

Yeah, we should be able to get a clearer picture when they reveal their results. The Themer , PD fight is interesting. It is similar to, but nowhere near as epic, as the ZoraxDoom and Papa Smurf showdown in Pokemon Mafia :D (in which IIRC, Papa Smurf was the usurper who took down the GF ZoraxDoom :D )

I must confess that I am not very suspicious of Themer. He did point out the fact that Manly had used the Beloved Princess fake claim twice previously too. Ofcourse that doesn't clear him, but he is not on my FOS radar right now.

Sim stop trying to figure stuff out, you're confusing your self haha

Generally, a role will receive either the result of their action, or a simple "Successful" or "Unsuccessful" message.

I've received successful on all 3 nights. I would imagine Varun received something like "you could not use your role tonight" when he was role blocked.

----------

Also, Sim I would presume that neither Sedition or Varun were targetted if Zhuorb jailkept the Mafia and as such, despite being successful, my role would have done nothing.

Much like mine, Barmy has clearly used the writeup to give a little flavour, not spell out the entire game.

Generally, a role will receive either the result of their action, or a simple "Successful" or "Unsuccessful" message.

I've received successful on all 3 nights. I would imagine Varun received something like "you could not use your role tonight" when he was role blocked.

Cool. I would like Varun to tell us what kind of message he did receive when he was Jail Kept. Not the exact message, but just a gist of it.

I realize I am probably being a bit pedantic about all this, but I'll just like to get this clarified. Might be able to sleep better then. :p

Just waiting to hear who Zhuorb jailkept and who Sedition and Varun got reads on and my lynch is ready to go.

Guessing we're looking at Yudi based on Sedition's early post however I'm not ruling out that Sedition is actually mafia rolecop considering the constant hints in the writeups that someone is not to be trusted.

Ahh, the mafia want results! Results so they can plan their claims! Damn these townsfolk and their procrastination to reveal all!

I didn't investigate Yudi, no point when the mafia probably thought I would, and I was planning on lynching him today anyway for the same reasons as Manly. Perhaps he was Zhuorb's target since he was looking to block the kill. Let's just call him Plan B for now.

Let's just go over some write-ups again, that's always fun :) Some people might say they've been analysed to death, but going back over them with new info is surely not a bad idea.

They met and made their plans. Not much to do tonight really. The storm would come.
They laughed at the men who trusted them and planned their deaths.

I really can't find any references to a Cult, so this scenario seems to fit better:
2 or 3 mafia + 1 third party. One of the mafia might be an usurper type role, so perhaps the "they laughed at" line refers to the usurper and 3rd party, not necessarily that it's a group working together.

He was scared of everyone and everything but he was safer than he realised.

I was pretty sure this was Manly, seeing as though he was mafia and jailkept on the non-lethal Night 0. If he was the Godfather though, being investigated would have been welcomed, and being watched wouldn't matter either since a kill wasn't being performed. So this fearful character is probably still in the game.

Some suggested, some dissembled, some kept quiet.

I posted this before, and relates only to the posts of Day 1.

I would say the quiet ones were: Manly, Yudi, Mark/Themer and Zhuorb.
So to me, the one(s) dissembling are among BKB, PD, Sim and User.

I had removed Varun and myself from those lists since we made our claims and they fit. It was also a clue as to who my Night 0 investigation was on in case I died.. I revealed User as Night 1, and if anybody noticed last game that I always put Yudi first as suspicious when I had the result on him, I put User and Zhuorb last on those lists. ie. they had come up town to me.

So strike User off the dissembling for now and we have: BKB, PD and Sim

Many claims had beeen made; not all were true. Maybe night would reveal more secrets.

Varun - Watcher
PD - Busdriver
Sedition - Cop
Zhuorb - Jailkeeper
Sim - Hated Townie
Manly - Beloved Princess, Mime

Kinda doubt Manly's obvious fake claims are being referred to. Maybe Varun and Zhuorb are only being half truthful, but the 3 of us are linked from the Night 0 write-up and actions, so that leaves PD and Sim

No-one seemed to pay much attention to him. That was exactly how he liked it.

Immediate reaction? BKB. Secondary? Themer.

Good work Sedition. I was figuring out what the letters EA,TW,R,H meant but I forgot to scramble them (I hadnt seen your post)

I believe the sentences separated means that Colin talks about different things.

They met and made their plans. Not much to do tonight really. The storm would come.
They laughed at the men who trusted them and planned their deaths.

Obviously refering to the mafia

Even though they were eminent members of the town, they were still suspicious of each other. They were wise. Trust no-one

Possibly two important members of the twon suspected each other.

He had many a jape planned but on this occasion he thought it best to look after number 1. He laid his plan accordingly.

Cluless but I think this might be a bus driver or something that is there to confuse us

----------

He preferered the company of his own folk. At least he knew they would watch his back for him.

This indicates theres another party involved. Cult or perhaps a mafia looking for his teammates by the lookes of the second sentence.

Hmm okay, so you preface by saying you believe each line refers to something different, but you go on to group two lines together twice.

Short and sharp about the first two lines referring to the mafia. You thought each line was something different, right? Don't want to give anything away perhaps? Usurper? 3rd party?

Most people thought 2 PR's targeted each other, so nothing for me to comment on there really.

First to suggest the Bus Driver.. might be your actual role, PD's role which you knew, or setting up for someone to claim and identify themselves to you as mafia buddy/3rd party.

Finally, grouping two lines together again.. Mafia looking for their mafia buddy? Not sure how you came to that conclusion.. Identifying yourself again? Know more than you should perhaps?

The reason I thought there was a bus driver wasn't because of reading the number 1 thing or something. There was no death on night 1 hence I looked at the logistics behind it. It was more of a question than a statement.

I am still in two minds whether there is a busdriver or not. Leaning towards it being there, but not entirely sure if the BD is a town role considering we know that there is a third party involved and he's confusing the town.

Hmm this doesn't add up. You say the reason you thought there was a Bus Driver was because there was no Night 1 kill? You suggested Bus Driver before Night 1 even took place.. the logistics behind no Night 1 kill was that the JK was successful. Perhaps you meant Night 0? It was a non-lethal night, nothing at all to do with Bus Driver. Not sticking to your story at all here.. or this next post where you mention BD interfering again..

I dont know what to make of Manlys claim, and the thing counting against Manly is the fact that he lied once already and this role has never been used before. But if anyone can implement in this game its probably Colin. I think I may be overthinking this :facepalm

The other lynch candidate IMO is Yudi. Seditions post detailing his thoughts on him is quite detailed and shows that Yudi has somehow avoided the spotlight without contributing anything. Its quite annoying that he isnt active at all esp if hes town. I know expect him to post now that he is in pressure. :rolleyes

My lynch on Zhuorb was to get him to talk, forgot to take it out as the day progressed so unlynch: Zhuorb

And Sedition regarding the Busdriver thing, I didnt read it through the prankster/no 1 reference, I assumed why the mafia didnt kill, and one of the reasons could be due to a bus driver interference (still not clear on how BD operates)

----------

Think both Yudi or Manly should go down, not entirely convinced on PD, but the former two are more sus.

Hmm little bit protective of Manly here.. Seem to be trying to shift the lynch over to Yudi instead, even though Manly was looking scummier with each post. Finally hammered the lynch on Manly once it was apparent that he couldn't be saved. Not a very smart town move to "forget" to unlynch Zhuorb after he claimed and was confirmed by me.

You don't seem to be following the flow of the game too well, or your own story as to why you thought Bus Driver.

----------

And PD? Switching Varun and myself? Seriously, switching two PR's? You said Themer, and I hinted that if Sim's claim is true, he can't remain amongst us, and if he's lying, then he's scum anyway.. Dodgy, dodgy.

Pretty deep analysis there, Sedition. :thumbs

No-one seemed to pay much attention to him. That was exactly how he liked it.

Since this was mention in the night write-up I doubt it would refer to the day play. What I feel and I mentioned this before too, was a survivor kind of role. He would very much like to be not targeted at night. Your explanation is possible too, Sedition, but I am not very sure about that.

PD as a BD has been bugging me a lot. And it is interesting that you brought up BKB continuously showing why BD is possible.

and I hinted that if Sim's claim is true, he can't remain amongst us

Umm..I don't think this adds up. I get that in a situation where 2 town and 1 mafia are left, having me would basically mean a mafia win, yet the way you put it, it suggests that I am harmful to the town. Obviously, you would like to have a n alive but hated townie rather than a dead one, won't you?

And I have seen Themer viewing this thread many times since the start of the Day, but no post yet.

----------

Also, on second reading, being scared is not really a godfather like trait. :p

Users who are viewing this thread