ICC Champions Trophy 2013 - England & Wales

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Bad, real bad. Too much cricket is the culprit. It leaves no real room for reserve days in cricket calender.

Do you really think they could not get in an additional day for the finals? The joke of an excuse that they would come up with is the T20Is versus NZ! Pathetic.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I want a game, be it 20 overs a side. No one wants a conclusion where the teams end up in sharing trophies. Frustrating atm!!!

Samuels

Rally Round The West Indies
WI....
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Do you really think they could not get in an additional day for the finals? The joke of an excuse that they would come up with is the T20Is versus NZ! Pathetic.

Cricketers are humans and they need rest. With India set to take on Sri Lanka and WI in a few days time, ICC couldn't afford the reserve I guess. That said, I'd loved to see the CT having a reserve day for the final more than anyone. Washing off of a decider is as pathetic as it can get.

Owzat

International Coach
There's no reserve day.

Somewhat of an odd decision if the ICC want this to be seen as a major competition, the "mini World Cup" as you see bandied about a bit in the media.

For the sake of one day I don't see the issue, unless they thought if it rains on the day of the final it probably will the reserve day

You would and should not decide a final of a major tournament by "sharesies", it's bad enough we get worthless duck method deciding games where sides bat uneven overs.

England may get an edge from a shortened final, not having to bowl 10 overs for the 5th bowler

aditya123

National Board President
Cricketers are humans and they need rest. With India set to take on Sri Lanka and WI in a few days time, ICC couldn't afford the reserve I guess. That said, I'd loved to see the CT having a reserve day for the final more than anyone. Washing off of a decider is as pathetic as it can get.

My point was that England have known all the while that the CT is scheduled for this time of the year and yet they scheduled the pointless T20Is vs NZ (way after their entire tour got over) for after the CT.

aditya123

National Board President
When will the ICC learn to take decisions that are purely commonsense! They could have made so many friends by agreeing to have the game replayed on Monday. We never see Wimbledon being shared because it rained in London on Sunday! They carry it over to Monday. The ICC makes a fool of itself time and again. I thought they would`ve learnt from past mistakes (2007 WC final).

I strongly believe that all global tournament finals must have a reserve day and unless you can play a full 50-over game on the first day, carry it over to the reserve day. Its only on the reserve day that they should start harboring thoughts of a curtailed final. In other case, just continue the game on the next day from where it stopped (1999 WC, India vs England at Edgbaston).

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Of course there should be a reserve day - it's nonsensical that this is a World final and it's completely at the mercy of the weather! At least have a contingency play. Can you imagine what would happen if the football World Cup Final was unable to be played for any reason, and there wasn't an alternate date?

So what happens to the trophy - who wins? Has the whole tournament been a waste of time?

----------

England may get an edge from a shortened final, not having to bowl 10 overs for the 5th bowler

The pundits don't agree; they reckon the shorter the game, the more it favours India.

And it looks like there's more rain on the way. Obviously we can't control the weather and roofs on cricket stadiums aren't exactly practical either - but there's nothing stopping there being a reserve day for this sort of thing.

OK - they've just said the trophy gets shared. Again, can you imagine the football World Cup being shared? Can you imagine the World's best teams duking it out for the best part of a month and then the trophy gets shared?

Ridiculous.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So 24-overs-a-side.

India are massive favorites, coming fresh from the IPL.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
So 24-overs-a-side.

India are massive favorites, coming fresh from the IPL.

So finally a T20 match will decide the champion. India are already at disadvantage by losing the toss and batting first so it does not really matter if they are coming straight from the IPL or not.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
I was a kid when India and Sri Lanka shared their trophies, India always had the upper hand, but ...
Anyway, always thought that both the teams were declared joint winners so both India and Sri Lanka won the the trophy. So is it like - both of them were the champions, or none of them?

-------------------
No more rain my lord. Please.

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Gate left open by Rohit and Broad obliges by clean bowling him. Will be interesting to see the middle-order of India perform, if Dhawan and Kohli depart quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread